C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Paint Work.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2014 | 05:24 AM

C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Paint Work.

Hello,

I drive a MY 2005 C-Class 230K Sport Sedan. Could someone kindly direct me to where I can purchase the following online;

1. Genuine MB factory finish Body Paint, mine's factory finish paint code is 744U (Brilliant Silver Metallic).

2. Alloy Rim Paint, mine is LA 5 Spoke Design 17'' (Light).

3. A good quality Headlight Glass Cleaner/Polisher as mine are dull and faded.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2014 | 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
1) Automotivetouchup.com - I've had very good success with them.

2) I am not aware of any direct ways to know what the paint is for MB rims. I would just try a couple of different metal paints or try your local powdercoater (unless you want to powdercoat all of them to get the color perfectly matching). Maybe your local dealer would have a perfectly matching paint color - if so, might be worth it just to get it from them.

3) I just used a Meguiar's kit - but make sure you get one of the heavier duty kits with the sanding discs that you put on your cordless drill; the kits that have the hand sanding paper are not nearly as good - I needed to sand them out with my drill to get them to be fully clear again. Doing between the ovals is a serious PITA. And also do what they say and double tape the body around the headlights; the discs can go through paint pretty easily.
Old 08-14-2014 | 01:26 AM

Thanks a lot Tommy!!
Old 08-17-2014 | 08:10 PM

2013 c250
From experience with this, I can tell you that factory paint may not be a good idea b/c the paint on your car has faded- at least it did with mine- granite grey. I ordered a touch up bottle from paint scratch after finding out the hard way the OEM paint is too dark.
Old 08-18-2014 | 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by scottonfire
From experience with this, I can tell you that factory paint may not be a good idea b/c the paint on your car has faded- at least it did with mine- granite grey. I ordered a touch up bottle from paint scratch after finding out the hard way the OEM paint is too dark.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks so much, I'll order from Paint Scratch. I intend spraying the entire front bumper, light scratches here and there, nothing major like a dent or deep scratch.

So, what quantity of Basecoat and Clearcoat Paint do you advice I purchase? And is there any other thing I need to acheive an excellent result?

Awaiting yours.
Old 08-18-2014 | 07:20 PM

2013 c250
no. Don't do that. Here's what you do. Go to an art supply shop. Get a thin-*** paint brush for like $5. If you have some bigger, deeper gashes, the paint scratch bottle comes with a brush that you can use- DON'T use this one on tiny scratches though. I ordered the paint can- waste of money. Post pic's if you're on the fence, but I would take the time and use a paint brush on the whole thing. Order the touch up base paint in a BOTTLE and clear coat in a BOTTLE- pour them BOTH into a container (not a lot), when it's slightly more thick than water you've mixed correctly. Make sure surface is clean, take cue tips (or rag if large area) and blot rubbing alcohol over area to be painted first. Give it a minute to dry. Now dip brush in, dab some paint in, let dry, don't let it run over the hole you're filling. If you do you'll need langka blob remover.
Old 08-19-2014 | 09:12 AM

'07 C350 4Matic
I agree with Scott. Spraying the whole bumper for a few light scratches is unnecessary. Depending on your scratches/chips a touch up as he described and a polish after a week (to allow for curing) should be enough. If the scratches are light enough a good polish might take care of it altogether.