C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MJ50's W203 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Arnold, hit up Steve or Wanda ASAP. According to what Steve told MJ on his last trip to LA, he's running low on the Euro convex mirros.

I believe Steve is gonna have another trip to Cali in November or December...something like that.
Thanks for the info Drex. This mod seems like a good investment and could help prevent accidents.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Thanks for the info Drex. This mod seems like a good investment and could help prevent accidents.
Can't even tell you how awesome these things are. I have absolutely NO clue why these don't come standard in the U.S. If you set them up just right, you can see 3 lanes over AND also see the car next to you in your blind spot. By the time they are out of your blind spot, you can see the front of their car next to you. Granted, I wouldn't recommend these to people who are too lazy to look over their shoulders because they aren't made to stop a person from being careful when changing lanes.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can't even tell you how awesome these things are. I have absolutely NO clue why these don't come standard in the U.S. If you set them up just right, you can see 3 lanes over AND also see the car next to you in your blind spot. By the time they are out of your blind spot, you can see the front of their car next to you. Granted, I wouldn't recommend these to people who are too lazy to look over their shoulders because they aren't made to stop a person from being careful when changing lanes.
Wow! 3 lanes....cool. You think this lady needs a pair.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
I have absolutely NO clue why these don't come standard in the U.S.
prolly the cost...
i just installed euro convex mirrors yesterday on my ML as well...
Attached Thumbnails MJ50's W203 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)-convex3.gif   MJ50's W203 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)-convex4.gif  

Last edited by MJ50; 05-14-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Can we pick this up at a local dealership?
Wonder if they will have it in Vancouver, or maybe I should just pick a set up when I go to Hong Kong cause I see these on my father S class.

Nico
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Mj50

How you like the ash color interior? I personally love it but is a ***** to keep it clean. I use armor all leather cleaner. What product do you use?
Btw, I don't see a lot of Black c class with ash interior, most people here prefer charcoal.

Nico
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by carlssoncclass
Can we pick this up at a local dealership?
no
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
How you like the ash color interior? I personally love it but is a ***** to keep it clean. I use armor all leather cleaner. What product do you use?
Btw, I don't see a lot of Black c class with ash interior, most people here prefer charcoal.

Nico
i like it especially during summer...
i don't use any cleaner except for whatever they use at the car wash...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport

Nico
armor all is the worst you can use on car interior. It dries up the leather. Use Meguiar's. It has a conditioning ingredient that keeps the material from drying up.

I have ash interior, but seriously need to do a thorough cleaning on the headliner.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:36 PM

armor all is the worst you can use on car interior. It dries up the leather. Use Meguiar's. It has a conditioning ingredient that keeps the material from drying up.

I have ash interior, but seriously need to do a thorough cleaning on the headliner.
You serious, but Meguiar make the leather very shinny which I hate it those. Does the Meguiar you use make the leather shinny? However, Armor all is great to remove tough marks that came from denim.

Thanks,

Nico
Old 10-20-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by MJ50
i like it especially during summer...
i don't use any cleaner except for whatever they use at the car wash...
I love it during summer on a very busy day because it show great contrast between the interior and exterior of the car. Do you have tint on yours?

Nico
Old 10-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

You serious, but Meguiar make the leather very shinny which I hate it those. Does the Meguiar you use make the leather shinny? However, Armor all is great to remove tough marks that came from denim.

Thanks,

Nico
Well, just warning you. Every single interior detail place I have spoken with have told me DO NOT USE ARMOR ALL, unless you want your interior cracking a year or two down the line.

Meguiar's does leave it a 'bit shiny, which is why I wipe it down with a clean micro fiber towel afterwards. It takes away the shine, but keeps the interior protected.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Drex is right. Armor all is silicone based, and you DON"T want to use any silicone based cleaners/conditioners on your interior. They will break down the threads and material. If you like the low shine stuff 303 Aerospace Protectant is pretty much the best interior protectant for your car.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
MJ, those mirrors look great. I think I might have to pick up a set
Old 10-21-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go try it later.

Nico
Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Do you have tint on yours?
45%
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by johnand
MJ, those mirrors look great. I think I might have to pick up a set
yeah john,
highly recommended!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
Leather conditioners...

Also, Mercedes benz sells a great leather conditioner for your interior. I use it on mine and it's pretty good. Treat the leather about 3 times a yeaar. you need to rub it into your cloth before applying to preforated areas though. I hear Zaino is really good too.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by bensitto
Leather conditioners...

Also, Mercedes benz sells a great leather conditioner for your interior. I use it on mine and it's pretty good. Treat the leather about 3 times a yeaar. you need to rub it into your cloth before applying to preforated areas though. I hear Zaino is really good too.
the leather conditioner and basically ALL of the Mercedes-Benz car care products are Meguiar's Gold Class. I've used the interior care on the MB and it is excellent! I used to use the leather conditioner and I got lazy and started to use the Meguiar's Gold Class spray leather care. but, it does make the leather somewhat shiney.

I don't know what it is, but I have some leather care from BMW that I use on the M3 that keeps it very matte and adds no shine. the only problem with it is that it smells bad (but it goes away pretty quickly).

I'll take some pics of the products I use later tonight for you guys...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
the leather conditioner and basically ALL of the Mercedes-Benz car care products are Meguiar's Gold Class. I've used the interior care on the MB and it is excellent! I used to use the leather conditioner and I got lazy and started to use the Meguiar's Gold Class spray leather care. but, it does make the leather somewhat shiney.

I don't know what it is, but I have some leather care from BMW that I use on the M3 that keeps it very matte and adds no shine. the only problem with it is that it smells bad (but it goes away pretty quickly).

I'll take some pics of the products I use later tonight for you guys...
That'll be great!

Thanks in advance,

Nico
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

here you guys go...

From left to right:

BMW Leather Care Lotion w/UV Protection. I use that on the black nappa leather of the M3 and it works great. It smells kinda bad and it gets on your hands while you're using it, but the smell goes away quickly but it doesn't make the leather shiny at all and keeps it nice and matte.

Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Spray. I use that on the charcoal leather/mb-tex of the C230. I used to use the Mercedes-Benz Leather Seat Care (which was more of a thick lotion), but that stuff SUCKED for perforated leather and would always get stuck in a nook or cranny in the leather. The Meguiar's spray is easy to use, fast and doesn't get globs into the perforations in the leather. The only problem is that you have to be careful where you're spraying (b/c you have to wipe off the excess).

Last is the Mercedes-Benz Interior Care (made by Meguiar's, you can even see that the bottle is EXACTLY the same as the Meguiar's Leather Cleaner) from the dealership. I use this on almost all the non-leather parts of the car such as the armrests, the window sill, dashboard, speaker grills, etc. It works great AND it smells great. I'm not sure what the equal Meguiar's product is, but I love the interior care.

And, make sure you have the proper applicators/towels.

First is the yellow microfiber towels from Costco (yeah it looks dirty, but it's clean), it's great for drying the car and taking off the residue from the different cleaners (you can even use it as an applicator).

The white pad is a Meguiar's Gold Class Applicator Pad. It's great for applying the leather care/conditioner and waxes.

The blue microfiber glove is some random brand from Pep Boys, but it's good for the interior. Put a little water on it and then just wipe off anything in your interior and then put on your products.

And, the last thing I use (but forgot to take a picture of) is a detail brush which has a brush on one end and a rubber kind of "blade" end to get into the small crevices.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures and it is a nice write up too.
I am going to get those stuff tomorrow.

Nico
Old 10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

here you guys go...

From left to right:

BMW Leather Care Lotion w/UV Protection. I use that on the black nappa leather of the M3 and it works great. It smells kinda bad and it gets on your hands while you're using it, but the smell goes away quickly but it doesn't make the leather shiny at all and keeps it nice and matte.

Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Spray. I use that on the charcoal leather/mb-tex of the C230. I used to use the Mercedes-Benz Leather Seat Care (which was more of a thick lotion), but that stuff SUCKED for perforated leather and would always get stuck in a nook or cranny in the leather. The Meguiar's spray is easy to use, fast and doesn't get globs into the perforations in the leather. The only problem is that you have to be careful where you're spraying (b/c you have to wipe off the excess).

Last is the Mercedes-Benz Interior Care (made by Meguiar's, you can even see that the bottle is EXACTLY the same as the Meguiar's Leather Cleaner) from the dealership. I use this on almost all the non-leather parts of the car such as the armrests, the window sill, dashboard, speaker grills, etc. It works great AND it smells great. I'm not sure what the equal Meguiar's product is, but I love the interior care.

And, make sure you have the proper applicators/towels.

First is the yellow microfiber towels from Costco (yeah it looks dirty, but it's clean), it's great for drying the car and taking off the residue from the different cleaners (you can even use it as an applicator).

The white pad is a Meguiar's Gold Class Applicator Pad. It's great for applying the leather care/conditioner and waxes.

The blue microfiber glove is some random brand from Pep Boys, but it's good for the interior. Put a little water on it and then just wipe off anything in your interior and then put on your products.

And, the last thing I use (but forgot to take a picture of) is a detail brush which has a brush on one end and a rubber kind of "blade" end to get into the small crevices.

Hope this helps!
Phil,

Hope all is well buddy! All I have is the package of yellow microfiber towels from Costco. Will have to buy the rest. Thanks for listing your secret to keeping your car clean.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Phil,

Hope all is well buddy! All I have is the package of yellow microfiber towels from Costco. Will have to buy the rest. Thanks for listing your secret to keeping your car clean.
What up Arnold! I see you're getting back into the swing of posting!

All is well, hope all is well with you!

Anytime, I'm glad to help where I can.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

What up Arnold! I see you're getting back into the swing of posting!

All is well, hope all is well with you!

Anytime, I'm glad to help where I can.
I just hope that's not why your armrest continues to peel! Only reason I love my ash interior, cuz that kind of stuff doesn't show up. The dirt that sticks...well, that's a whole other story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MJ50's W203 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)