C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Objection to Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paid membership is a good idea too, as troublemakers will not pay to create a stir here..

but again, how many ppl is willing to pay?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:07 PM

M
I really like Mbworld, but unless the price was low and the reliability issues fixed, I'd just as well hang out at Benzworld or Csportcoupe free of cost.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

reliability wasnt such a big issue until the later part of last yr.

BTW, when the site is down for a prolong period of time, does the sponsors get charged?? hehe
Old 01-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Paid membership is a stupid idea. All my opinions of course, but why pay? Usually fourms resort to that to get their stuff payed for, we're not having that problem, the issue on hand here is if group buys should be allowed by non-sponsers.

My idea is, they aren't sponsering? They can't sell things here. When your profiting off a free service, that's wrong. I don't care if your offering it for dirt cheap, but if it ain't FREE take it somewhere else. As for the reliability, it's being worked on. Why don't you go to benzworld or csportcoupe if you don't like mbworld. Heck that just means less people to watch over here

Xeon: I wouldn't pay to be on this site, I just can't, it's not justifiable.

C230 Sport Coup: You saw the Evosport stuff because Evosport is a sponser and they activley advertise here, and it's perfectly okay. They don't pressure people and they are giving back to the community. Fair stuff and it works, gets my thumbs up.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Xeon
reliability wasnt such a big issue until the later part of last yr.

BTW, when the site is down for a prolong period of time, does the sponsors get charged?? hehe
lol!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Originally posted by oggle
I myself have bought from the sponsors (Evosport, Steve, Harris) of this board, so I do believe I have some rights to voice my opinion no? How have others supported the sponsors lately?
That's right, you don't. When did this privately-owned website become a democracy?? I've bought stuff from the sponsors too, so what? I don't tell McDonald's about the design of their stores, either.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by c class 279
There's always Csportcoupe.com (moderators would you not delete my post this time?), perhaps it should become an all W203 forum?
That has been discussed at csportcoupe and the answer is no. mbworld is the more appropriate place for the all encompassing C class forum.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

vraa,

i agree that profiting from a free service is wrong.

Well, then everyone on the forum is wrong, as i am pretty sure we profitted 1 way or another. i know you enjoyed your time here.

my suggestion still stands, give priority to sponsors. If price come close enough, we have to buy from them. If not, too bad
Old 01-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Xeon
vraa,

i agree that profiting from a free service is wrong.

Well, then everyone on the forum is wrong, as i am pretty sure we profitted 1 way or another. i know you enjoyed your time here.

my suggestion still stands, give priority to sponsors. If price come close enough, we have to buy from them. If not, too bad
lol crap, you've found out, I guess it's time for me to leave!

However I meant monetary profit directly caused by the group buy. Oh beat that!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Originally posted by tommy
That's right, you don't. When did this privately-owned website become a democracy?? I've bought stuff from the sponsors too, so what? I don't tell McDonald's about the design of their stores, either.
I'd like to see someone post a notice of a group buy for Whoppers on the bulletin board of his local McDonald's
Old 01-08-2004, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

let just leave it to the mods to give us their comments..

vraa...you cant escape!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Who said anything about a democracy? I am allowed to give feedback and complain about or compliment others. Show me where it says in the TOS that I can't.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
If you were paying to sponsor a web site, and that web site allowed other vendors who were not paying sponsors to come in and bid on customers via a group buy, how long would you continue to support this site? You could just contact a member and run group buys, and either save the sponsor fees, or work them into the price making it harder for the paying sponsors to compete.

It's common sense to me.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Who said anything about a democracy? I am allowed to give feedback and complain about or compliment others. Show me where it says in the TOS that I can't.
Tommy is just saying that you dont have "rights" here, as you have "rights" as a citizen. Its a private website, and however petty or lame, they are allowed to ban you or delete your posts or whatever they want to do. You may not like it and it may be unpopular, but its not like you can sue them for it...
Old 01-08-2004, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
the admins have every right on this matter. It is THEIR website.... they have to operate/maintain it along with the costs associated with doing so. Until you do the same then I don't think you have much room to talk. People who want everything for nothing are the ones out of touch with reality. BTW...... if charging a membership fee would get rid of the trolls etc then I would be all for it .
Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Originally posted by AndrewK
Tommy is just saying that you dont have "rights" here, as you have "rights" as a citizen. Its a private website, and however petty or lame, they are allowed to ban you or delete your posts or whatever they want to do. You may not like it and it may be unpopular, but its not like you can sue them for it...
I have every right to voice my opinion, just as the admins have the right to delete them or ban me from this forum.

But that's not what I meant. I meant it this way (minus the legal part):

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rights
That which is just, morally good, legal, proper, or fitting
Old 01-08-2004, 10:57 PM

2003 C320
I have been a member here for about a year, never really posted before. I have also never bought anything from any of the sponsors, or anyone else for that matter. But, here is my opinion anyway... Not allowing a group buy is just plain wrong. I agree that sponsors shouls get priority, and get a chance to match pricing. But that is all, they are paying for advertising, not for exclusive rights to have their businesses talked about and no others. If I want to go to Evosports website, I will go there, I thought this was a website for MB lovers to come and get info. If I am wrong, fine, I will go elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
Originally posted by proudpop
If I want to go to Evosports website, I will go there, I thought this was a website for MB lovers to come and get info. If I am wrong, fine, I will go elsewhere.
Well... the owners of Evosport are both "administrators" here, so that explained to me where this site stands. I am aware of other M-B forums (more slanted towards tech/older M-Bs) that despite having administrators with connected businesses (i.e. a parts business), do not regulate members as tightly as is done here. I am not saying that this site is not valuable or that its not the administrators' right to run it as they see fit, but rather that other forums out there do not have the same level of censorship.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Waaaaaah!

I have every right to voice my opinion, just as the admins have the right to delete them or ban me from this forum.

But that's not what I meant. I meant it this way (minus the legal part):
You're crying Norma Ray about a freaking car forum, you do realize that? Shouldn't that be left for things that actually MEAN something?

It sounds to me like the mods/admins here have kind of spoken already. What's all of the continual whining about if the verdict's already been handed down? There is a forum for raising issues about this place, maybe peoples' time would be better spent there, voicing their displeasure.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Waaaaaah!

You're crying Norma Ray about a freaking car forum, you do realize that? Shouldn't that be left for things that actually MEAN something?
Ditto to you for feeling the need to come in, brown nose, and tell people to basically shut up and not express their opinions. I had already finished giving out my thoughts, until you came in.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objection to Group Buy

Originally posted by Lynn
I'd like to see someone post a notice of a group buy for Whoppers on the bulletin board of his local McDonald's
Actually, a more accurate way to say it would be that you posted a group buy for 50 BigMacs in the entrance to a Mall that had a McDonalds inside.

The sponsors (most of them) don't run the site, they buy into a part of it, just like a McD's at a Mall.

Erik

Last edited by tifosiv122; 01-09-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by Mr. Vanos
Trust me, if you do a group buy for pantyhose, you won't get complaints...unless L'Eggs became a forum sponsor
Just to double check, we can do group buys as long as no sponsor sells or can sell the same item? Am I correct?

Erik
Old 01-09-2004, 12:07 PM

C230 Komp Sedan - 2003
ok this sucks but there is nothing we can do about it...moderators are moderators ...yea i don't like it but hands down this is still the best place to get info on W203....maybe its time for someone like Kindea to start a W203 Sedan Forum and then we can all move...any way until then i'm gonna shut up before i get banned lol

Any way my post is talk to ERIK.

EDIT: removed by request

Thanx in advance

Last edited by session; 01-09-2004 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
....maybe its time for someone like Kindea to start a W203 Sedan Forum and then we can all move...
He just added some sedan fora.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:24 PM

C230 Komp Sedan - 2003
Lynn, I just noticed you are a moderator on Csportcoupe. I've been a memeber for almost as long as i've been a member here but for some reason I can't post there! i always thought it was because I had the sedan!!! lol but just lookin there today i see there is picture of sedan and it says Unite

whats your take on all this...and is there this kind of censorship over there..?! I assume not since i don't really see any advertise banners over at csportcoupe...also as a moderator can you fix my account so i can post pleas

Thanx in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Objection to Group Buy