C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I Can't stand this Bose system anymore!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by avlis
No.
You'll get more volume and maybe more bass from the doors.
IMHO, the stock Bose sounds better than the Audio-10. Speed sensitive volume and audio-pilot don't play well with the Audio-10 either. It works, but is more erratic.

Hmm. So no KLAC(LAKER STATION!), A Bland HU, and erratic functions.

More good news.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every stereo sounds different to different people, I know as I spent 2 days at CES looking at various home theater applications. For example I listened to a set of $100K speakers in an enclosed suite and it sounded good but it didn't sound much better than my home theater speakers for $99K less but to someone it would be worth it on the other hand a Bose Acoustimass Cubes which many like is not to my tastes. If you are unhappy with the current cassette unit because you want a fuller richer sound with a small amount of thump but not boomy bass then Audio 10 may be for you. To me the Audio 10 in my coupe sounds better than the Cassette radio with Bose in a Sedan with 4 additional speakers. If you want serious bass that only a dedicated subwoofer/amp can give then this isn't it and neither would be any HU only solution.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Has anyone compared the bose with non bose sound system? I have the non bose and I put 2 10" subs in a sealed enclosure and disconeected the free air sub in rear deck. It's nowhere near the sound system I have in my truck but I have been more than content with it for the past 8 months. I already ran 4 gauge throughout vehicle because I know I will get the old audio itch again when I get bored.... . Perhaps he would be happy with an aftermarket sub setup added to his bose system?
Old 01-12-2004, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r171
the bose sound system really does suck. you can really tell the difference when youve been sitting in a car with a better sound system for a long period on time then you switch back to the bose sound system.
i was in singapore for almost three weeks driving my c-class there with audio10 and normal speakers. i just got back here and the bose sound system sucks a ss compared to it. but its the headunit not the speakers.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
the bose sound system really does suck. you can really tell the difference when youve been sitting in a car with a better sound system for a long period on time then you switch back to the bose sound system.
i was in singapore for almost three weeks driving my c-class there with audio10 and normal speakers. i just got back here and the bose sound system sucks a ss compared to it. but its the headunit not the speakers.
So you it had the audio 10 and no bose correct?

Is it the headunit?

I thought speakers and amp are much more important then HU.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r171
well i would suppose that the bose speakers are suppose to be better than the normal speakers. but even good speakers without the proper amps and headunit will suck.