C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Questions on 04' c230 Kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
Questions on 04' c230 Kompressor

Hey, i'm new to the board, now i drive a 95, probe gt, almost every mod possible is done to it. Its got a t3/t4 hybrid turbo, completely rebuilt w/ performance parts and bored motor, and is putting down around 260 hp. Anyways, i'm getting another car this summer, i've been looking around at alot of different cars, and i'm almost positive i've decided on an 04' c230 Kompressor, 6spd, i want heated seats, the sunroof package, disk changer, and HID(xenons). So my basic questions are to people who have one, how do u all like it? I've driven an auto, never the 6-spd yet, but i was decently impressed, and i'm sure the manual will be that much better. Its not near as fast as my probe, but i'm not looking for that, i want a nice, sporty 4 door thats gonna last me until i'm completely done with school. Also, what kind of performance stuff is out there for the supercharger?? I know it would be pretty easy to free up some more power by putting on a smaller pulley, but what kind of fuel mods are needed for this motor?? I dont want to do anything that is going to make the car unreliable or appear unstock, i would really like to put on a different pulley, and reprogram the computer so it will add the needed fuel for upped boost.

Also, what psi does this supercharger push out stock and what is it capable of producing??

I thank you all for answering my questions in advance! Later Chris B
Old 01-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Just click on the button and all will be answered.

Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, here's my take, on the sedan anyway (no opin on the mods you seek, mine is stock)-

PRO's -

1. The design of the car, it looks like a work of art, and will continue to look good in the future like MBs should

2. Awesome handling, definetly closed the gap on the 3-series

3. Quality, even though some may argue, it still feels solid, definetly more substantial than most japanese sport sedans like the IS300, and Acura TSX....drove both of those cars, and the MB beats it hands down

4. The engine has enough power with great fuel economy (23/30) for a 190hp/192tq engine that's very respectable...also, it's an advanced engine, a supercharged, dohc, intercooled 1.8 pumping out more than a 100hp per liter, and torquey to get you moving...

5. Safety, it has like 8 airbags

6. Free routine maintance for 4 years

7. It's a Benz for crying out loud, it makes a statement, that I believe no other car for this price can, even a BMW...

CON's -

1. I experience some rattles, mostly when I blast the music though

2. Smelly A/C...dealer fixed it

3. Weak paint, get used to lots of Rock chips....even people on the SL board complain about this

4. Auto sometimes is not smooth going into 2nd gear, but overall is shifts nicely

That is all...MB's aren't what they used to be with regards to super high quality, but it met my requirements, and I can't say I regret my purchase...good luck

Last edited by c230pete; 01-16-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Guest0001

How long are you plannin to go to school. Grad school as well?

I Still have about 6 years of school left(including Grad) and I am hope my car would get me through college without breaking the bank. I will probably get the extended warranty to be on the safe side. So far my car has been problem free though.

C class is a great car, but it seems the reliability has been slipping lately. It seems like its 50 50 when it comes down to it. Some people have problems. Some dont.

If you absolutely do not want any repairs, then try looking at an Acura or Lex.

But make no mistake the benz will probably feel rock solid 6-8 years from now.

Goodluck with you purchase. Hopeful you will pick MB and join the family