C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Front Driver-side Marker Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203
Front Driver-side Marker Light

So my indicator was on saying that this piece had a malfunciton. This time, I wanted to try out Hoehn Mercedes in San Diego for a second time and tell them about the problem. (note: I usually do this myself but I'm lazy from time to time. I also have the Euro-Strip installed). Last night I received a voice call about how the tech has never seen this 3rd party bumper before and that he had to take it out in order to get to the part. They wanted to charge me 1.5 hrs of labor for this problem!!! What that hell is that!? I went to Mercedes Benz of San Diego and they were able to change the bulb for nothing or the price of it at least.

Just wanted to vent. Anyways, I called back today and now, the SA said that the tech didn't want to break any clips on the strips because its known to do that. The SA also said that they would charge me .5 hrs instead. Guys? Is this reasonable? What should I do?

Last edited by .elijah.; 01-28-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: Front Driver-side Marker Light

Originally posted by .elijah.
......I also have the Euro-Strip installed....... I went to Mercedes Benz of San Diego and they were able to change the bulb for nothing or the price of it at least.....
In other words you did not install the bulb in an accessible location after your mod and you want MB to cover it under warranty. Would that be correct?
Old 01-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203
Re: Re: Front Driver-side Marker Light

Originally posted by amdeutsch
In other words you did not install the bulb in an accessible location after your mod and you want MB to cover it under warranty. Would that be correct?
Accessible location? I just replaced the part the where the bulb/wiring is located. It takes the same procedure to replace it. Still either have to take out the reflector or the strip. But in a weird sense, you're right. I don't think they should go ahead an bill me 1.5 hrs? Perhaps call me first?

Anyways, is there a way to deprogram it from be sensed? I know that some people have ended up replacing it with some fuse. Where those mods successful?
Old 01-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: Re: Re: Front Driver-side Marker Light

Accessible location? I just replaced the part the where the bulb/wiring is located. It takes the same procedure to replace it. Still either have to take out the reflector or the strip.
Not really. The techs are used to popping out the lens to get to the bulb and not to remove the strip.

Anyways, is there a way to deprogram it from be sensed? I know that some people have ended up replacing it with some fuse. Where those mods successful?
Nope. The only way is to replace the bulb with a resistor of equivalent electrical value. US cars appearently have a different software load to detect this. I have read about people on German forums adding the American style side markers with bulbs and not have any problems because of the increased load.

HTH

Either way. You did a mod and the stealer is making you pay. Its your choice but I doubt you'll get very far based on what members have posted on here.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 01-28-2004 at 08:39 PM.