C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My CL203 (WIP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2015 | 03:40 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
My CL203 (WIP)

So I'm gonna be posting little by little the progress I'm making with my 2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe.
As of 7/8/15 here's where I'm at.

I know it's not what most people like but it's headed in the direction I want it to. The boso pipe is just a test, I may keep it, I may change it. We'll see over time.

I'm lowered on Megan Racing coilovers, as low as I can possibly go with stock wheels. However, new wheels = possibly more room to go lower.

I have on MB Roof Racks I was able to get BNIB from Germany!

HID headlight kit from VVME.com, I had LED fogs but they caught fire so going back to HID after I purchase a SAM for them.

Resonator delete and magnaflow muffler, it sounded amazing before boso pipe, now the sound reflects off nothing so it's quieter, and the almost 90° bend in the pipe quiets it a little more.

As of 7/14
Rear differential seems to be done for (loud thumping, clicking, metal-on-metal rubbing sound getting continuously worse), so I ordered one from a local junkyard with 80,000 miles for $350, turns out it's got 52,000 miles and it'll be in tomorrow (supposed to be today), so I'll be putting it in tomorrow afternoon at the dealer I work at. Updates soon to follow!

As of 7/17
Rear diff not installed yet, I put it up on a lift on 7/16 and took a look to see what needs to be done. Apparently, according to alldata it's a 4 hour job 8/10 difficulty for a mechanic, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully I can knock it out tomorrow. Considering making a DIY if I remember to take pictures.

As of 7/24
Getting rear diff installed today, the process is too much for me to do so a buddy of mine is taking over, meaning no DIY for this. It's intense. Hopefully I'll be back on the road with her tonight!

Also looking for a chip, if anyone knows a place, please let me know.

Last edited by AarBearr; 07-24-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: **Update**
Old 07-08-2015 | 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
I don't even know what to say.... but as long as you like it.

LED fogs that caught fire do tell!!
Old 07-08-2015 | 07:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Looks to me like my parts would fit right into your build very nicely. Hint hint!
Old 07-08-2015 | 10:20 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by samaritrey
I don't even know what to say.... but as long as you like it.

LED fogs that caught fire do tell!!
I do! Thanks for not hating (at least publicly )

Well I got some LED fogs from diode dynamics. They were RGB with a wifi controller I could hook my phone up to, it was great. They strobed, faded, even had an equalizer feature when I play music with my phone! One night I noticed the blue looked a little more red, like a dull red, and it wouldn't change color.. So the next day I was driving and got the fog bulb errors, telling me they were out. Confused, I pulled over and they were red, then shut off. I got to a local shop that specializes in LED and audio, and they said I was lucky my car didn't burn down on the side of the road because the controllers for the LEDs caught fire (mind you this was in the middle of the Jersey winter, the one before last). So that's that. Just waiting for a floating $300 to buy a new SAM to replace the melted one.

Last edited by AarBearr; 07-09-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I remembered the LED company
Old 07-08-2015 | 10:21 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by tommy
Looks to me like my parts would fit right into your build very nicely. Hint hint!
Tommy! It's been too long! What have you got?!
Old 07-09-2015 | 11:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Check out the link in my signature. I'll be updating it with more stuff soon, as the shop that's removing everything is just getting to my stuff this week.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following which might interest you:

Eisenmann race exhaust (to replace whatever you call that thing )
Magnaflow cat
OZ 18/8 rims with good rubber with about 3 months on them (staggered tires)
5mm and 8mm spacers, one pair of each
C7 rims painted matte bronze with snow tires with decent rubber on them
Designo blue interior
Sparco shift knob in perfect match
Any Orion sh*t that you need

I'll be at the shore (Toms River area) on Saturday. Let me know if you're interested; we can work out good prices, I'm sure. Possibly even meet up on Saturday if you're not out waiting for those sharks in NC to head up north.
Old 07-10-2015 | 02:00 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Check out the link in my signature. I'll be updating it with more stuff soon, as the shop that's removing everything is just getting to my stuff this week.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following which might interest you:

Eisenmann race exhaust (to replace whatever you call that thing )
Magnaflow cat
OZ 18/8 rims with good rubber with about 3 months on them (staggered tires)
5mm and 8mm spacers, one pair of each
C7 rims painted matte bronze with snow tires with decent rubber on them
Designo blue interior
Sparco shift knob in perfect match
Any Orion sh*t that you need

I'll be at the shore (Toms River area) on Saturday. Let me know if you're interested; we can work out good prices, I'm sure. Possibly even meet up on Saturday if you're not out waiting for those sharks in NC to head up north.
Haha any benefits of the cat and exhaust? I may want the cat but not sure about exhaust, I already have a magnaflow muffler but big exhaust pipe makes it much quieter

Oh I wanna see the shift knob too, mine's original and so nasty now all cracking and dirtied from use over the years
Old 07-10-2015 | 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sorry - went to the shop this morning, and the cat was completely icky, so I had them dump it. But yes, a Magnaflow cat does have some good bennies.

The exhaust's benefit would be to make the car uncomfortably loud. Other than that, nothing really, except the two tips I like better than the typical oval one tip on most mufflers.
Old 07-11-2015 | 10:30 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Sorry - went to the shop this morning, and the cat was completely icky, so I had them dump it. But yes, a Magnaflow cat does have some good bennies.

The exhaust's benefit would be to make the car uncomfortably loud. Other than that, nothing really, except the two tips I like better than the typical oval one tip on most mufflers.
Ah no problem.

How does it make it sound? My magnaflow muffler makes it smoother, does your exhaust (I forget the name you said) make it more rumbly like towards AMG sounding?