C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C280 4Matic ISsue at Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C280 4Matic 2006
Exclamation C280 4Matic ISsue at Dealership

WDBRF92HX6F797021

So here is my problem: the key stopped working for this c280 4matic 2006 and we left the car outside for like 3 weeks before we took it to the mercedes dealership in Wesley Chapel, Florida so battery died. I informed the service engineer that the key isn't working and he said it might be either the key itself or the ignition system IES and I left it for him to diagnose it.

Next day he calls saying that he tried to jump start the car and it burnt his jump pack and smoke came out of the car and he is asking me for permission to replace the whole battery and the front SAM (which I had no idea what it means) before he can figure out whether the problem is the key or the IES saying that it would cost around a 1,000 for replacing front SAM and the battery itself. I said ok and then next day he said he replaced the front SAM and battery and the problem is only the key so he also got me a new keys I went to pick the car up and then He said now rear signal lights aren't working and we need to change the rear SAM. I also told him and I paid again for a rear SAM. He also said oh radio isn't working, but the radio was working last time I used the car. I paid and left to see a car shop who can fix the radio and they explained to me what a front SAM and Rear SAM are basically a bunch of fuses in two different locations and they told me how those fuses got burned when the jump start didn't work and that it's the same exact thing that happened to the radio. I was shocked to realize that the mercedes guy is the one who caused the fuses to break and then made me pay $1,400 to replace them and also broke the radio which he didn't even fix.

Can somebody please explain further how could jump starting the car lead to burning the radio and random fuses in both SAMs?

Can somebody please advise on what's the best way to deal with this? Is it that mercedes is very unethical like this or is it only this guy? I'm very furious and I'm not sure what's the best way to escalate this
Old 12-27-2015, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
You'd get better response if you posted this in the proper thread for your model. This is the W205 thread which is the C Class 2015 and up. your car is a W203.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C280 4Matic 2006
While I appreciate your response, I think it's pretty irrelevant. My question is very general about a dealership ship and the car model doesn't really matter in this situation.
So next time use your time to post something relevant or helpful instead of wasting my time to respond to you
Old 12-30-2015, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Wissam Baalbaki
While I appreciate your response, I think it's pretty irrelevant. My question is very general about a dealership ship and the car model doesn't really matter in this situation.
So next time use your time to post something relevant or helpful instead of wasting my time to respond to you
Actually, my comment was very relevant. There are different forums for each car model on this forum. You're asking about a specific model car, that is not discussed in the W205 threads. Maybe if you asked your question in the W203 Threads, someone may have experienced a similar situation. You can tell by now no one but me has responded to your query. This is likely why.