C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

c200kompressor need help with PO401 code quickly,I will answer asap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200 kompressor w203
c200kompressor need help with PO401 code quickly,I will answer asap

Hi! I am from Finland so i am sorry about my english ! i have a c200 kompressor w203 sedan with m111.955 engine! ive had PO401 code very long time,resetting doesnt help,replacing airmass meter doesnt help,and spark plugs did only help on problem with ignition on cylinder 1.

problem is my car loses power every second day,first it rips my rear wheels apart and the next morning it doesnt move fast at all.. ive heard that PO401 code opens air flap near supercharger and it doesnt build pressure anymore "limp mode" or something. its like my car turns to be NA when it loses powers.

so today i found a video in youtube," relearning recirculating airflap" so o tried pressing the air flap and turning the key on ignition for 15sec then off for 5sec and last the 45sec ignition on. and the results i ****ing got was check engine light and lazy car once again.. any advices? ive tried everything :/
Old 01-09-2016, 04:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'19 C300 4Matic, '16 C-300 4Matic
I'm having a similar issue with my 02 230k m111. Only when it's cold, below about 50 def f. I get p0410 secondary air injection system. No boost and limp mode. After a couple cold starts in warm weather, boost comes back and no more limp mode. I think these are related but not sure. I've researched on here but the other threads never found a solution. Have you had any other codes, such as any pertaining to the secondary air injection system?
This thread had some good info, some of which may be of help to you..https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...0-code-sc.html

Last edited by jblmk3; 01-09-2016 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Add link
Old 01-09-2016, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200 kompressor w203
secondary air injection

Originally Posted by jblmk3
I'm having a similar issue with my 02 230k m111. Only when it's cold, below about 50 def f. I get p0410 secondary air injection system. No boost and limp mode. After a couple cold starts in warm weather, boost comes back and no more limp mode. I think these are related but not sure. I've researched on here but the other threads never found a solution. Have you had any other codes, such as any pertaining to the secondary air injection system?
This thread had some good info, some of which may be of help to you..https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...0-code-sc.html

YES i have exactly same issues! limp mode when cold,tho its hard to get my car right now outside temperature is around -25celsius .I heard that the system warms catalysator up to reduce emissions..ive checked all the valves and the two downpressure pipes coming from that little electric air pump..but i didnt feel the pipes suck at all,i heard they should stick in finger..maybe my air pump is ****?

autocom obd diagnostic tool gave me these codes yesterday:

p200b : air flow meter/airmass meter.
ive cleaned it thousand times.
p2006 intake temperature sensor
i dont know where it is and what to do for it
and finally our favorite : p2036 secondary air injection.

so anyone with experience in this fault please help us,i couldnt find answer in finnish mercedes forums or here. no one seems to know. or tell the solution.