C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Green Light between vents C55 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Green Light between vents C55 amg

I recently picked up a C55 amg, absolutely love it but the way

However after a recent car wash I had a strange thing happen and have no idea what it is.

In between the 2 center vents there is a light (right now illuminated to green) not sure if was always illuminated?

After the car wash I started my baby up and it illuminated red and a really lound ear piercing alarm type sounded.

Have no idea what it was. Only happened the once. After a few on/off cycles it turned a solid green.....and alarm sound never happened again.

Now today I noticed a strange almost hissing sound from dash vents....and now again green light is illuminated. I think it had turned off between the events (2 weeks apart) but not sure.

Any ideas what this green light (red light and alarm sound) is??

After plenty of searches on google and boards couldn't find anything so I posted this thread.

Notes:
Recently changed oil... changed the 2 air filters.

Car runs great otherwise.

Picture posted of light.
Thank you

Green light between air vents.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Any ideas? Help please

Originally Posted by peterwashere
I recently picked up a C55 amg, absolutely love it but the way

However after a recent car wash I had a strange thing happen and have no idea what it is.

In between the 2 center vents there is a light (right now illuminated to green) not sure if was always illuminated?

After the car wash I started my baby up and it illuminated red and a really lound ear piercing alarm type sounded.

Have no idea what it was. Only happened the once. After a few on/off cycles it turned a solid green.....and alarm sound never happened again.

Now today I noticed a strange almost hissing sound from dash vents....and now again green light is illuminated. I think it had turned off between the events (2 weeks apart) but not sure.

Any ideas what this green light (red light and alarm sound) is??

After plenty of searches on google and boards couldn't find anything so I posted this thread.

Notes:
Recently changed oil... changed the 2 air filters.

Car runs great otherwise.

Picture posted of light.
Thank you

Green light between air vents.

Anyone?
Old 01-11-2016, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 196 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
I'm 99% sure that light is aftermarket. My guess is that the previous owner has it wired to monitor something, most likely tied to the battery voltage. When the voltage dips, that's when the red light and alarm sound, even if only for a split second (again, a guess). Do you see any non-factory devices (such as an extra cigarette lighter or light accessory) permanently attached to the car?

Any chance you can contact the seller? Probably the easiest way to find out. Definitely curious on this end too.

If all else fails, remove the radio panelling and see what the light is wired to.