C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320 seat memory problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 seat memory problem

Does anyone has seat memory problem?
My seat wouldn't move all the way forvard unless i press memory button.... also apply to mirrors setting

Anyone else has this problem?
Old 03-29-2002, 05:47 PM

2001 C240 6spd
c320silver,

couple things I have noticed about my seats (C240). If I dont move the key into the start position within a few seconds, the seat does not move to the preset position unless I push the memory button. If you insert the key and go to start up right away, it should go to the preset position. Also, I have noticed that if someone changes the seat position manually, then the seat remembers the last set position. Depends on if you are the only driver or not? If you have several driver using different keys, then this may be the answer. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I believe the key "remembers" the last position that the seat was in when the key is used. I have noticed that there is "drift" in the outside mirrors while driving. So just using the key does not get the mirrors back to the preset position. I have got myself into the habit of pressing the preset button every time I get in the car.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:33 PM

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Have you had your remotes replaced? They could be the reason of memory loss.

Last edited by Rainers; 03-30-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:55 PM

Preset Seats/mirrors memory

Yes, i did replace both remotes - did not help
Manual clearly said - "When the electronic key is inserted in the starter switch and the driver's door is closed, the steering wheel and the driver's seat return to the last position set for it"

It is NOT heppening, seat/mirrors/steering wheel would not return to the last position unless memory button is pressed.

I think Mercedes advertisement is wrong!
My car was in shop for a week by now, and problem was not resolved!
I guess we all paid for the option, which doesn't work
Old 03-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
shtatc, others.

Mine works per the manual. Provided the door is closed and you have stored the memory position in the key, the second I insert the key into the ignition, seat moves to the last stored position, or memory #1 position.

I have the easy entry feature activated, with the steering wheel up option selected. The second I insert the key, the steering wheel moves from it's walk-out position... it does NOT wait, nor is it dependent on whether the ignition is engaged.

If you have to push the memory recall button to make it work, I believe there's a problem.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:32 PM

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up Key Dependent Memory Feature

This is what I have learned was the problem with me losing the KEY DEPENDENT MEMORY FEATURE. I now have the right numbered keys. I hope this helps anyone out there that has had thier keys (remotes) replaced and lost this feature. Please feel free to print this out and go to your favorite dealer.

Dealer Technical Bulletin 49/01
49/01 – Recalls and service campaigns: When repairing any vehicle, Always check the vehicle Master Inquiry for open campaigns.
49/01-2 Group 80 – models 203,215,and 220, KEY DEPENDENT MEMORY FEATURE: This is to clarify the operation of the key-dependent memory feature. This feature allows memory settings for seat position, steering column adjustment and A/C settings (203 only) to be dependent upon which key is used to unlock or start the vehicle. If enabled by the customer, via the Instrument Cluster (A1) settings used. There are a total of three (3) memory blocks available: one for key #1, one for key #2, and one shared by keys #3 through #8.
When ordering replacement keys for any reason, it is important to note that the only these three memory blocks are available, and the key number ordered will affect the memory blocks available. For example, if key #1 is replaced with key #4, then the first memory block (assigned to key #1) is no longer accessible. Specifically, key #2 will use the second memory block, and Keys #3 and #4 will share the third memory block. The loss of a memory block may lead to customer complaints. Therefore, if the customer wishes to retain the key dependent feature, replace keys #1 & #2 with the same numbered key.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

CLK 320 ELEGANCE CABRIOLET
I had a problem with my 600SL, after closing the driver door, the seat move by itself fully to the front and tilted towards the steering wheel. When I adjust the seat using the button to my normal driving position, it works, but after that it moves back again to fully to the front and tilted towards the steering wheel.

Can anyone advice me whats wrong with it?