C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Central locking alarm problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLC220 CDI
Unhappy Central locking alarm problem

Hi
For several months there has been a problem with the central locking/alarm with my clc220 CDI.

The problem has been present ever since I bought the car second hand, and I think the previous owner has tried to fix it but with no success.

I have two key fobs and neither open the car, unless I remove the small metal key and open the drivers door manually.

The car will very occasionally work when the key is held next to the IR receiver next to the drivers door handle but this is rare and I can be standing there for minutes pressing repeatedly and it will not open. However other times it will open first time. Most of the time it doesn't work though. Standing further than 30cm and it never works.

Both keys have had new batteries in them, no success.
I have taken it to the local garage and they seem to have no idea.

I have read on several forums how the aerial can be linked to the car receiving the signal from the key fob. But I have tried the radio and it works perfectly.

I have attached some photos of the area where I believe there is a sensor, where the previous owner has removed a panel at the top of the rear windscreen and also of the fuse boxes. I have checked the fuses that are present and they all look ok.

Any ideas? Should all the spaces where the fuses go be full? There seems to be ones missing?

Underneath the top of the rear windscreen (with boot open)

Last edited by Timlin; 05-22-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Very strange--you bought the car as is and now months later you are whining because the problem hasn't vanished----your indy is useless because he does not have the diagnostic equipment to quickly determine the problem!!

Assuming your batteries are good then you have a system problem----find someone with DAS Xentry and in five minutes you will determine the fault---however can you afford to fix the car??
Old 05-23-2016, 10:20 AM

CLC220 CDI
No, when the car was bought it was only an intermittent fault, it worked most of the time. Recently it has got much worse.

Yes battery is fine, I simply wondered if there was something more I could check myself but it sounds like it will need garage to look at it.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:26 PM

c200
i have the same problem with my C200, the radio has a very poor signal and hardly receives any stations and the key fob only works with the infra red when close to the drivers handle. what is causing this so i know what i'm asking a garage to fix?
Old 07-27-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
W209, W124
check fuse for ant amp first, look up other posts about this

if it isn't fuse, it gets expensive fast