C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 blowing warm air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fghj
W203 blowing warm air

Hi, i'm new to the forum, I recently bought a 2001 c220 w203. The air con blows warm air even when set to cold. I notice that the 'EC' button light is on. When I press it the I hear the fan blowing harder but still warm air and the red light stays on. I press it again and the light still remains on and the air temp is still warm. I have read threads on here suggesting pressing the EC button but my light remains on, is that normal? if so, how do i get it to blow cold air? driving with the windows down isnt an option in Ireland due to rain and the smell of fertilizer at this time of year!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:59 AM
cvx

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 C200CDI
EC light on = No refrigerant

Suggested route to troubleshoot: Visit indy/dealer, get system regassed + pressure tested with nitrogen + dyed + checked with STAR diagnostics. If pressure test fails, have them locate the leaking point and proceed from there.

Could be pretty much anything at this point, could be faulty evaporator or compressor, hence STAR should be used to diagnose. Don't waste money and replace working components without proper troubleshooting especially now when dealing with HVAC.

I paid a lot of money because I was a cheapskate and used cheap refills, rubbish garages and a lot of my own time when tried to fix my AC. Proper diagnosis would've saved me a lot of money and time. Good luck

And welcome to the forums
Old 06-10-2016, 07:11 PM

fghj
Originally Posted by cvx
EC light on = No refrigerant

Suggested route to troubleshoot: Visit indy/dealer, get system regassed + pressure tested with nitrogen + dyed + checked with STAR diagnostics. If pressure test fails, have them locate the leaking point and proceed from there.

Could be pretty much anything at this point, could be faulty evaporator or compressor, hence STAR should be used to diagnose. Don't waste money and replace working components without proper troubleshooting especially now when dealing with HVAC.

I paid a lot of money because I was a cheapskate and used cheap refills, rubbish garages and a lot of my own time when tried to fix my AC. Proper diagnosis would've saved me a lot of money and time. Good luck

And welcome to the forums

Hi, thanks for the reply, i will definitely go down that route then, i was thinking about recharging the aircon myself as a diy, but idnrather save the money in the long run and follow your advice! Thanks!
Old 03-05-2021, 04:00 PM

mb w203 220 cdi 2003 model
Hi had the same problem with My w203, I change the upper control panel (roof light panel) in the it is A sensor for the cabin, after changing, My start working perfectly