C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

T-???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awaiting a new arrival...
T-???

Well, last week I reported that the car was due into port on Tuesday. It did arrive, only on Wednesday on a 2nd boat. Car got through inspections and the vpc and was ready to get picked up on Friday, but alas, no transport as of yet.

No biggy to me, I am swamped with work this week and will use it as my excuse to take Thursday/Friday off...dealer is currently estimating a delivery to me tomorrow or Wednesday, provided it already arrived. I can't bring myself to drive by again to snoop.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:56 PM

C230
Are they installing your AMG Rims before delivery?
Old 04-01-2002, 09:13 PM

Yes, when they do the pre-delivery inspection, they will be mounted and the C7 package wheels/tires will be loaded into my ML at the time of delivery.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:27 PM

w203 c230K 2002
slcvr6
Post us some pictures when you get it!

Randy
Old 04-01-2002, 10:39 PM

I can do that Randy, but will probably be posting another set of photos after a quick jaunt down your way for some additional additions.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:09 PM

Talked to the dealer today and he confirmed the car was heading out late this afternoon on a truck and should arrive tomorrow. We are now shooting for delivery this weekend. The folks in charge of shipping advised him to switch to decaf after his badgering of them to explain why they claimed the car was leaving last Wednesday and was still there as of today with a HOT status marked on the hood. I simply chuckled.

Last edited by slcvr6; 04-02-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:37 PM

Latest update...the trucker supposedly got the car 2 days ago, according to MB, but when he called today to confirm delivery, he indicated he got it at noon today and may make it before the end of the weekend. Looks like next week now, which if it gets pushed any further, it will be waiting for me until the end of April when I return home. Still not upset as it wasn't due in before April 15 anyway!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:28 AM

...And through that small view into the service bays last night I could just see the side view of a sparkling new Brilliant Silver C230K with staggered AMGs staring back at me...and my nice new C7 wheels with Pilots (YES!) stacked for my pickup off to the side.

It's here, hope to do delivery on Tuesday (weather is bad here today) and enjoy it for a day or two before flying off for several weeks. I've already enlisted my dad, a long-time MB owner, to care for the car in one of his spare garages, as opposed to letting it sit at the airport garage.

Photos tomorrow...
Old 04-09-2002, 10:10 PM

w203 c230K 2002
Well?

Hey did you get it home and get to have some fun yet?

Randy
Old 04-10-2002, 08:07 AM

Nope, I've exerted great self control by not going down to the dealership thus far. Been tied up with meetings and late evenings and the weather has been rainy the last couple of days, which was squelching my desire to bring it home just to park it. However, it is clear skies this morning, so I'll be shooting down there shortly and picking it up. Unfortunately, I have afternoon meetings, so no fun today. But hey, isn't that what 4 day weekends are for?!?

A friend of mine is the parts manager at the dealer and he called to let me know he sat in my car before I did, na na na na na. He also remarked that its been parked in the entrance cove where the service cars come through and back in a delivery cove. He said it has been amazing how many people have "noticed" the car and asked who owns it, whats done to it blah blah blah. He said very rarely do other owners or buyers recognize the coupes, but this one has gotten a lot of attention. I've had several people from the dealership call to nod their approval for the staggered AMGs, as well. Its been parked with another matching C7 equipped car, as well, and I guess the wider rears really make a nice statement side-by-side.

Photos coming very soon...we've got sun and blue sky today!
Old 04-10-2002, 02:24 PM

Well, I've now seen the car and paid for it, so it is mine!!! I brought home the original C7 wheels with Michelins in the ML and am going back in late this afternoon to get the car...I ran out of time this morning.

It looks so good on staggered AMGs, they really look sweet from behind. I love the stance with wider rears.

I haven't sat in it yet, but it looks perfect inside and out as it sits now. A couple of minor things that took me by surprise for a new car...

1. The car has 110 miles on it and did not have the sticker other cars that were randomly sampled in Germany come equipped with. Any thoughts? 110 miles on a fresh drop-off seems kind of high to me...they indicated it was pulled and randomly sampled, but was without the sticker, but who knows for sure. I would have liked to know where those 110 miles came from and how they were driven...

2. The C7 wheels and tires are filthy and quite honestly, 2 look used and 2 look new. Not happy about those. They will be swapping for a set from another silver C7 equipped car already on the lot. I'd at least expect the stockers to be cleaned, but a lot of brake dust on 2 that seems to be well over delivery mileage makes no sense to me...

3. My C7 wheels came with no center caps...I previously bought and left a set of the C7 caps wiith my AMG wheels (and their original caps) and got the original AMG caps back, but no caps in my C7 wheels. Excuse me?

Can't wait to bring it home tonight!
Old 04-10-2002, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by slcvr6
Well, I've now seen the car and paid for it, so it is mine!!! I brought home the original C7 wheels with Michelins in the ML and am going back in late this afternoon to get the car...I ran out of time this morning.

It looks so good on staggered AMGs, they really look sweet from behind. I love the stance with wider rears.

I haven't sat in it yet, but it looks perfect inside and out as it sits now. A couple of minor things that took me by surprise for a new car...

1. The car has 110 miles on it and did not have the sticker other cars that were randomly sampled in Germany come equipped with. Any thoughts? 110 miles on a fresh drop-off seems kind of high to me...they indicated it was pulled and randomly sampled, but was without the sticker, but who knows for sure. I would have liked to know where those 110 miles came from and how they were driven...

2. The C7 wheels and tires are filthy and quite honestly, 2 look used and 2 look new. Not happy about those. They will be swapping for a set from another silver C7 equipped car already on the lot. I'd at least expect the stockers to be cleaned, but a lot of brake dust on 2 that seems to be well over delivery mileage makes no sense to me...

3. My C7 wheels came with no center caps...I previously bought and left a set of the C7 caps wiith my AMG wheels (and their original caps) and got the original AMG caps back, but no caps in my C7 wheels. Excuse me?

Can't wait to bring it home tonight!
1. Some cars get tested at the VPC. They seem to have
60 to 66 miles on them.

2. 110 miles will cover the wheels in brake dust. They should have been cleaned, though.

3. There should be center caps on the C7 wheels.

You desrve some good explnations from the dealer.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:21 PM

Got the car picked up and brought it home tonight...I am all smiles! I had a friend take me down to get it after work and he wanted to follow me home to get reactions...his opinion was the car looks very menacing rolling and there were a lot of turning heads (I noticed a few of those myself, too).

Now, for the pics...the wheels are AMG203s, 17x7.5 up front, 17x8.5 in the rear with 225-45s and 245-40s. They fill the rear fender very nicely.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:23 PM

Passenger Rear...
Old 04-10-2002, 09:24 PM

Driver Rear...
Old 04-10-2002, 09:25 PM

Driver Side...