C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

KLEEMANN ALLOY Pulley Dyno- 200 rwhp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 11:47 PM
Bos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K
Originally posted by KLEEMANN

I would think that is quite possible. This dyno is of a 6spd, test run in 4th gear. I will see if I can get another chart with RPM as the speed axis if it will help people visualize the power.
Like you said, this dyno was done on a 6 speed, NOT and automatic... right??? I thought I was reading that right.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:47 AM

The increase in power defiantly looks like a good thing, 2 things that I would like to see though is a plot of standard boost vs. rpm and modified boost vs. rpm with the corresponding A/F ratios along the rpm for both. If it is starting to lean out with just the pulley mod, with an exhaust system and larger intercooler and ducting you'll be looking for the upgrade to ECU to sort out any leaning out that may occur.

Just a thought & a wish, also Kleemann, I assume that it should fit the 2 litre motor that us power poor Aussies get....
Old 04-03-2002, 11:06 AM

KLEEMANN C230K
Yes, KLEEMANN has stated the kit will work with the c200k.

The stock ECU is great at learning the new boost. I will let KLEEMANN explain how, he knows a lot more about it than me. It is a strong ECU.

I have the chip, which at first I said I would never do, due to the fact the ECU is so strong. I got the chip 'cause it advances the timing to 10deg T.A. across the board, from the stock 7deg T.A. till ~3700rpm - then 6deg T.A. giving a much stronger power curve.

John.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Phill B
The increase in power defiantly looks like a good thing, 2 things that I would like to see though is a plot of standard boost vs. rpm and modified boost vs. rpm with the corresponding A/F ratios along the rpm for both. If it is starting to lean out with just the pulley mod, with an exhaust system and larger intercooler and ducting you'll be looking for the upgrade to ECU to sort out any leaning out that may occur.

Just a thought & a wish, also Kleemann, I assume that it should fit the 2 litre motor that us power poor Aussies get....
G'day Phil-

Yes- the KLEEMANN boost systems will work with your two litre. Remember that KLEEMANN is a Danish company- we have tuning solutions for virtually every engine variant, even if it never comes to the USA.

I will post a dyno with the A/F ratio- as soon as I find it in my files. My recollection is that the ECU holds Stoi (14:1) through 4K Rpm (closed loop) than promptly drops to 12.5:1 to Redline (open loop). There is plenty of proper fueling going on. The exhaust will never give a problem- increasing air density with a better intercooler- well it would have to be one awesome intercooler before any issues arose.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:21 PM

CLS550
layman's explaination?

can some briefly explain what the pulley kit does? i have a rudimentary understanding of forced induction ...

any comment on the following link that about the "The Danger of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper"
http://www.dinanbmw.com/html/danger_...er_pulleys.htm

also ... i'm guessing it works for the slk230? and all i need is the pulley kit and no ecu to realize new power? is pricing set? is it reversible? i guess for ppl in wash dc ... AI design is the closest?

thx
Old 04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
How much less hp will anauto make? My C230 originally dynoed at 169.7hp, and no before you ask I cant find the dyno sheet. lol I really would like to hit 210rwhp. I have around 2 grand to spend for a pulley, chip, K&N filter, and maybe exhaust. But as far as the exhaust goes i like the stock sound.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Laymans explination

Whereas Steve Dinan has brought up some text book issues with regards to harmonic stress/fatigue the underdrive issues do not apply. There is no underdrive going on with the boost kits (anyones for that matter). Each engine has its own unique vibration characteristics- a inline BMW 6 cylinder does not has the same vibration/oscilation freqs as a inline MBZ 4 cylinder. What the MBZ boost pulleys do is spin the SC faster to make more boost pressure- nothing else.

Most of these "dampers" will have a freq stamped on them somewhere. This indicateds the Hz freq they are designed to be effective in. Ex: MBZ M111 engine is 280 to 330 Hz. As Dinan mentioned this freq will happen multiple times, usually twice in the rev range of a 4 cylinder.

Stories have been circulating for years that if you change the stock pulley of a BMW engine the crank will eventually break. As with any modern mythology story it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Example: I know of one situation where the aftermarket pulleys hub thickness was significantly less than stock. A shorter bolt was not included with the kit so the stock one went back in. The bolt bottomed out in the crank threads, final torque was applied (200+ lbs/ft) and a fracture occured. Over time the crack spread through the nose of the crank and ultimately the pulley fell of the crank. OK so it has SOMETHING to do with the pulley- but not the hz freq vibration (damper aspect).

KLEEMANN makes two systems: A ring type that keeps the stock pulley in place (retaining the damper) and the solid alloy type. A solution for everyone.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dyno with RPM as speed axis

Sorry for the poor quality but it was faxed to me.