C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Transmission..slip..leak..lurching forward upon coming to full stop.. help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c230
Transmission..slip..leak..lurching forward upon coming to full stop.. help?

2006 c230 165,000km

Hello All,
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!

I've been noticing the past 2 weeks now, that i believe may be a transmission issue, looking for some advice as to what i should do next to remedy the current situation, and or my options. Thanks for any replies in advance! cheers.

Symptoms,

I've been noticing from a cold start, rolling out of the driveway put in gear to move forward, and only between 1-2rpm that the car seems to lurch(jerk) forward, like a slip or something a forward lurch of the car. I notice this only from cold starts, then drives normal, will happen once in awhile, not often when car is warm.

Noticing this symptom frequently,

upon coming to a breaking stop, almost every time, car will do the same thing. just before i'm about to reach a full stop, and from any speed fast or slow coming to a stop. Car will lurch(jerk) forward, like a down shift issue or slip, and between 1000-2000rmp usually.

mercedes benz dealership,

just got my vehicle back from the dealership, i think they did a half *** diagnostic, anyway. This what their customer service advisor said on the service receipt. " Transmission has a leak in area of pan gasket. Topped up transmission fluid."

" recommend full transmission fluid and filter change $450.00 plus tax (may need possible transmission) If concern persists after transmission fluid change."

They said it was down 2 litres trans fluid, after i got the car drove it for a little bit, i noticed similar symptoms happening mentioned above. considerably not as often coming to a breaking stop, and very mild lurch forward from a cold start.

Help/Advice
Not sure what my best course of action is to take, with out spending a fortune.
Has anyone experienced a similar situation, Will a flush and trans mission fluid change and re sealing potential leak fix the issue? or will i be wasting time and money not really fixing the problem? is it just a valve sticking, where is the leak exactly coming from, just questions on my mind.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GLC300 4matic, 2019 C300 4matic, 2018 C300 4matic, 2009 C300 Flex, 2004 C230 Kompressor
i wouldnt take it to a dealership, theyre not going to mess with transmission will just tell you to get a new one.
i would run a diagnostic on transmission module and then based on the codes you get, go from there..
Old 05-22-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
-
Originally Posted by dboyrusky
i wouldnt take it to a dealership, theyre not going to mess with transmission will just tell you to get a new one.
True.

Read this: Jerk in transmission, -problem solved!