C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help with Parrot hands-free kit in C200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Help with Parrot hands-free kit in C200

Hi everyone, I've been trying to help my mother set up her phone for hands free use in her C200 (2006) which she bought last week.

The garages and auto-shops in our home town haven't been very helpful but what we have learned is that the car is missing a screen which normally sits on a USB connector on the dash:

Picture of USB connector in car

There are also three cables near the passenger seat, as pictured here:

Three separate cables near passenger seat

After some browsing online, she bought a replacement Parrot screen but it's clearly the wrong kind:

Newly purchased Parrot screen

There are no ports in the car to which you can connect a power cable as seen in that picture above, so we probably should have researched that purchase a bit more.

Could someone please advise us on what kind of unit needs to be purchased in order to get phones working hand-free in this model of Merc? Thanks so much.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E63 AMG W211 & W203 Sport Pkg
Originally Posted by James Whelan
Hi everyone, I've been trying to help my mother set up her phone for hands free use in her C200 (2006) which she bought last week.

The garages and auto-shops in our home town haven't been very helpful but what we have learned is that the car is missing a screen which normally sits on a USB connector on the dash:

Picture of USB connector in car

There are also three cables near the passenger seat, as pictured here:

Three separate cables near passenger seat

After some browsing online, she bought a replacement Parrot screen but it's clearly the wrong kind:

Newly purchased Parrot screen

There are no ports in the car to which you can connect a power cable as seen in that picture above, so we probably should have researched that purchase a bit more.

Could someone please advise us on what kind of unit needs to be purchased in order to get phones working hand-free in this model of Merc? Thanks so much.
this kit is not OEM Mercedes it's aftermarket
Old 07-27-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Thanks for your response. Can you recommend a kit that would work? Somebody told us that all that was needed was a replacement screen as the car was kitted out for hands-free kits but just needed a screen.