C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anybody selling C Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 K
C7 has a shorter throw. There's an entire thread with pictures around here somewhere.

Here in the Bay Area I think you'll have a hard time negotiating below MSRP, few have had success at it, unless they happened to have one in stock (most peolple end up ordering to get the options/color they desire). Also, last time I checked none of the local dealers are part of that Costco program here, either - but it has been a while since I looked.

Cheers, BT
Old 04-11-2002, 08:10 PM

C230 kompressor C2 C7
as far as the costco deal i concerned i believe the discount is $300. you can check with your local costco and look at their auto buying program. they will have some sort of flyer at the customer service desk. the rest of the discount is from san diego mercedes benz. i was refering to the total discount. my dealer has many coupes in stock. i would guess there were 15-20. they just didn't have the combination of the options i wanted. they only had one C7.
look up the thread that details the entire C7 package. i don't know everything it includes, but at least; 17x7.5 seven spoke wheels, shorter throw shifter, sprotier steering wheel, and door sill plates.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:30 AM

I would gladly sell mine if I could only get the same value I paid for...no offense to C230 owners (love the car) but I'm expecting a baby soon and would love to get my hands on a four door, maybe C240...
Old 04-12-2002, 12:36 AM

Arrgghh, it seems that nobody is selling their 6-speed C coupe.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:56 AM

C230 coupe 6sp
G Factor,
I will sell you mine, but I live in Atlanta. It would be a nice road trip home, though! E mail me if you are serious.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by sdcaclint
... san diego mercedes benz...... my dealer has many coupes in stock. i would guess there were 15-20.....they only had one C7.

Not any more. The C7 coupe is being transfered to San Jose. I will pick it up next Wednesday after a leather install by CST
Old 04-12-2002, 07:01 PM

Hei guys, I sent email to a few dealers here in bay area and they replied. One of them(I was told not to reveal the dealer) offered me /w no bull**** and all those crap, pick any c coupe u want and drive it out for only 100 over invoice. This seems such a bargain. Now this is where the questions begin, what should I avoid in the dealership that will make me "lose"?? Maybe they will try to offer me some kind of fee or something? Help me here, I just want to know everything before I step into the dealership.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:38 PM

W203 coupe Kompresor
Originally posted by G_Factor
Hei guys, I sent email to a few dealers here in bay area and they replied. One of them(I was told not to reveal the dealer) offered me /w no bull**** and all those crap, pick any c coupe u want and drive it out for only 100 over invoice. This seems such a bargain. Now this is where the questions begin, what should I avoid in the dealership that will make me "lose"?? Maybe they will try to offer me some kind of fee or something? Help me here, I just want to know everything before I step into the dealership.
what u mean by 100 over invoice?
Old 04-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo
This sound like a great deal! We got ours from Smythe in San Jose for 1000 over invoice (or 1000 below sticker which way you prefer) on 3/2. Looks like people are not rushing to buy these cars. You still don't see many of them around on the road.

Hei guys, I sent email to a few dealers here in bay area and they replied. One of them(I was told not to reveal the dealer) offered me /w no bull**** and all those crap, pick any c coupe u want and drive it out for only 100 over invoice.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:07 PM

leather install ... by dealer?

Originally posted by Donn

Not any more. The C7 coupe is being transfered to San Jose. I will pick it up next Wednesday after a leather install by CST
Is CST doing a dealer install on the leather? If not, what was the price on the install?
Old 04-13-2002, 02:11 AM

Invoice means the price that the dealer paid for the car(well they paid abit less that that actually), so MSRP for C coupe base is 25.615 and the invoice is 24.469, so if I get the base model without anything on it, I will pay 24.469 + 100 + tax and license and that would be the out of the door price. I think that is a great deal, that is why I am asking you guys whether there is any loopholes here.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
If they gave you a hard number, that is what I would expect to pay. If they said $100 over invoice and that was their offer, it could be OK, it could not be. I liked my dealer, so have most people in the Bay Area. Here are the two fees that you will encounter.

(1) Delivery Fee -- about $650. There is no way you will get out of paying this.

(2) There is an advertisting fee that some dealers have, and some don't. I think it's now $400 That could be include in you invoice.

BTW, Invoice is $23,300. With the delivery fee added you get $23,950. If you add a $400 ad fee, you get to about $24,400 which it sounds like what you were quoted. Maybe they included these already. If you are going to get a manny tranny, look at the $700 c7 package with a short throw on the shift stick. People say it's much better.

Good luck.

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 04-13-2002 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:40 AM

Yeah I know fees are a hassle, that is why I asked them again what kind of fees are those?? Hehhee I told them I hope it would only be DMV registration fee, hahaha. Well I wouldn't mind the delivery fee, but advertising fee?? I am gonna screw them upside down if they try to add anymore fees here and there. Wish me luck guys.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I know fees are a hassle, that is why I asked them again what kind of fees are those?? Hehhee I told them I hope it would only be DMV registration fee, hahaha. Well I wouldn't mind the delivery fee, but advertising fee?? I am gonna screw them upside down if they try to add anymore fees here and there. Wish me luck guys.
Why is it that you don't mind giving the dealer $650 for absolutely nothing? The advertising fee is the same. You get no value from it. I paid a $195 documentation fee, but only because I need the car right then. My previous car had died. The doc fee was less than the what I was paying per week to rent a car.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:36 PM

Hmm, I don't mind paying the delivery fee 'cos there is no way to avoid that fee. I have bought a few cars before and there is no way that I can avoid that fee, well correct me here.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:58 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
The delivery fee is charged to the dealer and just passed on to the end customer. If they took the delivery fee off, they would be selling the car below invoice. The dealer makes no money on the delivery fee. Ad money is different. Mercedes actually gives a certain amount to the dealer on each car. It might be negotiable, but I doubt it. Holdback is usually 3% of invoice, so the dealer will make 3% plus the ad money even if he sells you the car at invoice. If you are getting 100.00 over invoice, I say be happy and enjoy your car. Mercedes does not sell enough volume to sell cars at that price, and stay in business. The dealer will also make money on the financing if you let him. Make sure you shop rates, and don't just take whatever rate he says is the best. The document fee is pure profit and is a scam. I made my dealer take that off-but they probably won't if you are buying at 100.00 over.
Good luck!
Old 04-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: leather install ... by dealer?

Originally posted by chawk

Is CST doing a dealer install on the leather? If not, what was the price on the install?
It's a dealer outsource to CST. I will know the exact price when I pick the color and pattern changes, probably this coming Monday. I have been told the cost is more like $1500 or $1600 vs. the $1410 factory install price. According to the dealer CST does excellent work and installs high quality leather. I have seen several cars with CST leather and they all looked good.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by speedfrk
The delivery fee is charged to the dealer and just passed on to the end customer. If they took the delivery fee off, they would be selling the car below invoice. The dealer makes no money on the delivery fee. Ad money is different. Mercedes actually gives a certain amount to the dealer on each car. It might be negotiable, but I doubt it. Holdback is usually 3% of invoice, so the dealer will make 3% plus the ad money even if he sells you the car at invoice. If you are getting 100.00 over invoice, I say be happy and enjoy your car. Mercedes does not sell enough volume to sell cars at that price, and stay in business. The dealer will also make money on the financing if you let him. Make sure you shop rates, and don't just take whatever rate he says is the best. The document fee is pure profit and is a scam. I made my dealer take that off-but they probably won't if you are buying at 100.00 over.
Good luck!
If, when you say "delivery fee", you mean the "destination and delivery" charge shown on the Monroney sticker, I agree. But many dealers try to add another fee labeled as "delivery",
"dealer preparation", or some other term. That is pure dealer profit.

As for the advertising fee, this seems to vary by locality. Here in St. Louis, it is not charged to the buyer as a sepatate item. It is always negotiable. Sometimes the dealer will insist that it be shown on the buyer's order and/or invoice but will reduce the price of the car by the same amount. I think charging an advertisng fee as a separate item is foolish on the dealer's part. It hust PO's the customer. After all, we arn't charged an advertising fee anywhere else. Advertising is built into the price as a cost of doing business. I had never seen or heard an ad for the dealership I purchased from until four months after I bought the car, so their advertising did nothing for me.