C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What is the easiest color to keep looking clean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
MB-Bob...

That's because Desert Silver is the color of...well, um...er...uh...DIRT (heheh)

And Tommy....I'm told having sex with fat chicks is like riding a moped....fun while you're doing it, but don't let your friends see you....wait YOU told me that

Galaxy?

that toxic fog was Tommy....he's been eating Taco Bell again with the panarama roof open!

and the evidence proves Monica DIDNT swallow!!

(S - ZING-POP)
Old 04-13-2002, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 K coupe Orion blue, Evo, prem leather roof, premium sound and cd changer, auto.
Rick is correct, Dessert Silver is by far the color that appears clean. Reason is dirt and grime are easily camaflauged by that color. Orion blue is horrible. Dirt always contrasts with this color.

Last edited by Goggles Piasano; 04-13-2002 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:45 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Originally posted by Goggles Piasano
Rick is correct, Dessert Silver is by far the color that appears clean. Reason is dirt and grime are easily camaflauged by that color. Orion blue is horrible. Dirt always contrasts with this color.
I concur. I love Orion. But it shows even the slightest amount of dirt.

I'd say silver is the easiest to keep clean. My Dad's car is silver, and he washes it once every two months. It looks pretty good. Especially if it rains, it kinda gives the car a quick wash. Black is definately the hardest.
Old 04-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by tommy
So, having sex with fat chicks is more disappointing than what Nixon did?
I still don't get all of this anti-Clinton stuff. It's hard to swallow (yes, pun intended) little miss Monica as the innocent victim.
The difference is...
It's easy to explain whether to be a crook or not to kids, but it's alot more difficult to explain "having sex with fat chicks" Just ask the man himself, he had a different excuse for it every day of the week.

Don't get worked up over the anti-Clinton stuff. In 40 years, people will have forgotten him entirely. Just look at the Eisenhower years (1952-60). Dwight's Laissez-Fairre administration was just like Clinton's... nothing got done. And people hardly remember Eisenhower now.

And yes, I meant to say polite society... And GG, I'm just kidding about the Joan Jett stuff.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 04-15-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Bob,

Well at least the thread is not boring anymore!

I know your just kidding; it was just getting old quickly IMHO (but of course, I was the one being teased -- you did not expect me to roll over when you started picking on me...did you? Surely you know me better than that by now.

Couldn't you waited just a bit longer to come on the board a diffuse this flaming conversation. As I was driving it occurred to me that one of the most important things to teach children is how to balance a checkbook. Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 seem to believe in ballooning deficient spending. While our buddy Bill created budget surpluses (which Bush 2 quickly spent on a tax cut for the rich -- which has not brought us out of the economic slowdown). (Funny how the Dems ended up the party of fiscal sanity.) Seems more important than Bill sex life (can't bring my self to use Tommy's Howard Sternism).:p

OK, I got my point in anyway.

So next time, can you make sure to send us someone like Ann Richards as a President from Texas. (Bet that made you cringe. )

Happy Sunday to ya!

Cheers,

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 04-14-2002 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Other than Brilliant Silver, the other color easiest to keep looking clean is .....

Desert Silver. Dust will not show against the color. Third color is white, but road tar and black specks show quite easily against white although a lot easier to touch up (stone chips) compared to Silver.