C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230K dyno before & after Kleeman pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor
Re: Power results

Originally posted by KLEEMANN

Check the ceramic insulator- if it is at all brown at the joint at the wrench lug replace them. Gap as standard.
I have an appointment Friday to have the plugs checked along with having the oil changed. These b******* wanted $100 for an oil change. I asked how much it would be if I supplied the Mobil 1. He said about $40

Larry
Old 04-16-2002, 12:17 AM
gab

my dealer in san jose wanted $180 for oil change
Old 04-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 Kompressor
Originally posted by gab
my dealer in san jose wanted $180 for oil change
Outrageous
Old 04-19-2002, 08:29 AM

2002 C230k
Originally posted by SoCal240/6
That is correct, so how can changing the pulley change torque more than hp? They are mathematically related numbers.
Because what people are really talking about is PEAK torque and PEAK horsepower. Neither of which are as important as some people may think. Hold the flamethrowers for a minute... what I mean is, the peak numbers do not tell the whole story. They are simply two points on the curve. Bragging rights. The shape of the curve(s) is more important than the absolute peak value(s)...

As someone else mentioned, the reason the peak torque can change more than the peak HP is they occur at different rpm. If you were to check the increase in HP at the same rpm as the quoted increase in torque, you'd get the same %. Or vice versa.

In fact a better way to quantify the gains in power would be to state something along the lines of "the torque is increased 10% over the range of 2500-5000rpm" or whatever the values are.

A trivial sidenote: Contrary to popular belief, dynos don't measure HP (they measure torque).
Old 04-19-2002, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You got to have a number you can put on your brochure or nobody will buy it.

Has anyone on this forum achieved numbers close to Kleemann's own?
Old 04-19-2002, 03:36 PM

M3
Originally posted by Spyke

Because what people are really talking about is PEAK torque and PEAK horsepower. Neither of which are as important as some people may think. Hold the flamethrowers for a minute... what I mean is, the peak numbers do not tell the whole story. They are simply two points on the curve. Bragging rights. The shape of the curve(s) is more important than the absolute peak value(s)...

As someone else mentioned, the reason the peak torque can change more than the peak HP is they occur at different rpm. If you were to check the increase in HP at the same rpm as the quoted increase in torque, you'd get the same %. Or vice versa.

In fact a better way to quantify the gains in power would be to state something along the lines of "the torque is increased 10% over the range of 2500-5000rpm" or whatever the values are.

A trivial sidenote: Contrary to popular belief, dynos don't measure HP (they measure torque).
I totally agree with you. And to agree with you more, Dyno's measure Torque and CALCULATE HP from the torque measurement.

I personally put more weight into HP numbers because they take into account the benefits of higher RPM's.

It's not the peak numbers that are the most important. The most important thing is the AREA underneath the graph.