C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

post front sam proramming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C230 sport sedan 2006
post front sam proramming

mercedes c230 sport sedan 2006.i replaced the front sam module and towed it to mercede to program. i have never had problems with the instrment cluster not working until now after programmin now my cluster dont et signal half the time .car still starts and oes into ear i lose radio lights blinkers then my key fob stopped unlocking doors i used other fob andit works and it also makes the cluster in dash work most of the time .now my obdII wont read it fails all i getting circuit 15 and 15R not ok if door is open on my icarsoft mbII is will say it is closed and if closed it will say open turn lamp show deactivated .I had not one of these things ever happen until they programmed the new front SAM .I am wondering if they prorammed it wrong or what has made all the chaos.now it took them 12 min to program it as well that is from rollin star out to car to rolling it back in shop .my dvr motion recorded all of it
Old 11-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,045 Likes on 968 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have contracted psychotic symbiosis------you have many more problems that the front SAM------take the car back and have them do a quick test----wada you get.
PS: Throw out the icarsoft HS and get a good scanner.
The following users liked this post:
FriedEgg (12-02-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 129 Posts
not a merc
That's because you thought the front Sam was the issue. Don't blame MB who programmed it. It should have started even before you towed it there. If you don't know What you doing leave it alone and pay an expert to properly diagnose it with proper tools!
The following users liked this post:
FriedEgg (12-05-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C230 sport sedan 2006
Well I didnt think anything, it was in shop and I was told that the front sam was bad.To buy new one so ,I did.they told me that they would not install a used one. It was BMW MB indy shop with good recomendations and 400 bucks later for labor they call me and tell me that they couldnt program it for some reason.told to take to mb dealership to program. charged me 150(hr labor) told me it was programmed .Car still no start so told me two more hr labor to run diagnostic on it,or tow it home .I ask again you did get it programmed correct ?replied yes it is programmed. When picked up at the Indy shop i called wrecker to come take it to MB. So I took my old sam out put the new sam in.The wrecker was here to pick it up so i did not get chance to even take a min to visually check over it.Snapped pic of it is all i did.So while car at MB i was looking at my old sam and the pic of the new sam noticed new one didnt have two fuses in it#53 #54.rolled it off the wrecker popped the hood ,the fuse cover wasnt snapped on so mover it put the two fuses in it and i was setting in car with it runnin faster than the guy got the wrecker bed back flat.thank you for letting me know that it sould have started befor towing.So i was out 400 to indy shop to only get car back with old sam put back in it and the new sam in set .all that money to get car in same shape as it left me.I wold think replacing fuse/relay panel A "quality"shop would do a visual inspection of the fuses and relays to make sure all installed.took it by indy shop to show them the reason that they couldnt program it and they actually got mad sounding about it.I don't go around blaming people for things unless i am over 95% sure.In this case i am 100%sure .also what ever codes it throwing with the new sam moduler in it,and there is several,along with not reconizing key to takin key and just not start but turn all way then to starting perfectly except no gauges or lighting.then start up and everything on dash works properly,engine fan only come on when ac is on.esp abs light come on .cant get texas inspection yet because they cant get obdII to communicat with there system pausiblity problems to 15 in rear sam 15 and 15r not ok low voltage etc .All i have to do is take out new sam and put old one back in car and like magic all the problems i just listed and the fault codes disappear.Dont have secondary air with old sam.so cant pass inspection. put new sam back in anbd first off didnt reconize key .then just as i figured every one of the faults and other problems came back .
Old 12-02-2017, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not a merc
Would love to help you, but that is the most confusing post!
All I can say is put a fuse and a relay in every single open position on that SAM and see what does not work then. Also make sure ALL the plugs under the SAM are properly clipped in, Then Do a short test and post result here
Old 12-02-2017, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not a merc
Regarding your loss of interior electrics, try a spare key if you have one!