C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 Coupe Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe
Question C230 Coupe Install

I just have a quick question....

I have a 2002 C230 Coupe that I am going to be installing a new Head Unit into here in a few weeks. I am trying to gather all the parts that I will need to complete the installation. I have done a search on the forum and found a lot of useful information but there is one thing that I havent found. Is there a wiring adaptor needed to connect the aftermarked HU to the existing system? I am aware that I will lose the steering wheel controls. The car has the Audio 30 cassete deck in it. (I believe its the Audio 30). As far as I know from previous experience with other vehicles that had Bose systems, this one doesnt have it. Anyway, I know I am going to need a wiring harness, antenna adaptor and the mounting kit. What I need to know is, is that all or is the Audio 30 system amplified and will I need a Hi-Lo convertor or some type of other adaptor to connect the outputs of the deck to the existing system? The car does have a sub in it that I will probably be replacing in the near future but for now all I am concerned with is getting a CD player into the dash.

Thanx for your patience while reading my prattle.

Brandon
Old 05-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Do a search for "volkswagon wiring harness" - there's been some discussion. Of course, that should give you a good idea for what's needed, though.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:08 PM
MNG

Audi's, a whole bunch of them
Wiley,...if u choose an ALPINE deck there is an adapter for the steering wheel buttons...these adapters only fit the alpine decks...Metra has a mounting bracket for your car....as for wiring harness i do not know off one....if you need the alpine adapter part # email me... cbamng@yahoo.com
Old 05-07-2004, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by MNG
Wiley,...if u choose an ALPINE deck there is an adapter for the steering wheel buttons...these adapters only fit the alpine decks...Metra has a mounting bracket for your car....as for wiring harness i do not know off one....if you need the alpine adapter part # email me... cbamng@yahoo.com
And after extensive searching by members of this forum it has been shown that no one has been able to get this Alpine adapter you're referring to over here. Some UK members even mentioned a Clarion adapter being available in Europe. PN for Alpine can be found through the search function (I'm too lazy) It would be nice if you could post where to get one over here if you have that information. It would help out the membership. By posting you're email addy like this it could be construed that you're trying to bypass the TOU in order to do commercial sales.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 05-07-2004 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:28 AM
MNG

Audi's, a whole bunch of them
if i remember correctly this is the part # for the wheel controls...there is one for the W203 and i think the other one is for the W209....but give this a try ALPINE part # KCB-863B...my cousin got this part as a gift from someone...but it works