C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

a black mod C230K at MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
a black mod C230K at MB

Stopped by Laguna Niguel this afternoon, saw a black C230k with mod coilover springs. It's lowered about an inch, looks really nice. Also with AMG chrome wheels, charcoal leather but no C7. I sat in it and the shifter definitely is different from the C7.

On the back has the dark AMG and C230K badges on.

BTW, I stopped by the dealer to get some stuff from my car since I didn't expect it will take more than a month to fix my car. I was there 5 minutes before the service dept closes so most of the staffs are gone. The assistant was trying to locate my car in the back and get my stuff for me. He could only "rescue" (exact word he used) one thing for me because he said that the car is completely apart. There was no seats no dash, no glove compartment and he couldn't find where my other things. I am kind of nervous about this because I am worry that when things put back together would never be the same as factory assembled.

Seems like leather is no longer in shortage now, I walked about and saw about 15 C230Ks around and at least 8 of them have leather.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: a black mod C230K at MB

Originally posted by pixmation

There was no seats no dash, no glove compartment and he couldn't find where my other things. I am kind of nervous about this because I am worry that when things put back together would never be the same as factory assembled.

What are they doing to your car? Oh and don't worry, a dash and seats on a C-class are not that difficult, it'll be good as new when it's all done.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:39 AM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
I brought the car in for service when the SRS warning light came on and stays on. Computer message was to visit workshop.

I thought it would be something simple to fix. Do they have to take the car all apart to trace the wire and harness. And there is something incorrect about the current connector I've been told. There is no ETA when the correct part (connector) will arrive. Since the car is complete apart, apparently they cannot let me have the car back until the correct part arrives.

The service rep mentioned something about a service bulletin and a factory rep is looking into it. what does that mean?
Old 04-14-2002, 02:39 AM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
BTW, what's coilover springs?
Old 04-14-2002, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Coilover springs is height adjustable springs. It is a spring and shock put into one where you can set it to any height you desire. I didnt know anyone had coilovers available for our cars. They usually run for around $2000. Much more expensive then a normal spring and strut. I am currently looking for coilover.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pixmation, you haven't gotten a new car yet? If it's at Laguna Niguel ask the secretary to setup a meeting with Jeff Spellens the owner and ask him to see what he can do for you without involving lawyers and lemon law stuff. He's a nice guy and a car enthusiast and I'm sure he'll help you out.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:20 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Pixmation, you haven't gotten a new car yet? If it's at Laguna Niguel ask the secretary to setup a meeting with Jeff Spellens the owner and ask him to see what he can do for you without involving lawyers and lemon law stuff. He's a nice guy and a car enthusiast and I'm sure he'll help you out.
How do you know about him? I am not sure, seems like kind of blowing it out of proportion. It's a difficult situation.

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2002, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Last year I was chairman of the Laguna Niguel Holiday Parade and he was an entry with his 1971 MB convertible and his wife Penny also drives in the parade. In the past they have contributed cars for the parade. I don't believe he is the sole owner, just one of them. Nice people.