C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aux input for COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Question Aux input for COMAND

I was wondering. I never had the Aux run to my glove box when I had my COMAND installed. I want to run my Satellite Radio through the Aux input of COMAND. Does anyone know how I can do this. The Aux input is still back there I'm assuming just not run to the glove box. Is there a wire there on the COMAND that is hanging that i can splice into or will a wire have to be purchased and place on the back of the COMAND inorder for this to work? If so does anyone have the part number for that wire so I can buy it?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-29-2004, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
The way that I understand it from Steve is that the aux. jack is a seperate part that has a wiring connector on the COMAND end and a mini-plug for the glovebox. I asked him about this and was told that it is an additional charge for the part. If I remember it was not very much money. You should not have any problems adding this. He had them available when I spoke to him last.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:46 PM

2015 ML350 4Matic
In order to install this cable, which can be obtained from Steve, you must remove the Comand and insert the ends of the aux cable into the main Comand wiring harness (three wires). Caution - you must actually the clip I don't recall if it was C1 or C2 (it is the big one). Steve provides the wires with the proper clips on them for installation into the plug. Follow his instructions, run the aux cable around and into the glove box and you are all set.
Sound quality is great.
See my post on installing MP3, pics were posted last week.
Good Luck
Old 05-29-2004, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok thanks for the input. i sent steve an email about the wiring harness and since he wont be back until next wednesday then hopefully he can ship it to me witht the other things ive ordered. im trying to run the sat receiver to the aux input. what kind of cable would i need to run into that plug (the one that goes in the glove box)? the kind like a headphone jackk?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
ok thanks for the input. i sent steve an email about the wiring harness and since he wont be back until next wednesday then hopefully he can ship it to me witht the other things ive ordered. im trying to run the sat receiver to the aux input. what kind of cable would i need to run into that plug (the one that goes in the glove box)? the kind like a headphone jackk?
You should just need a plug exactly like a headphone jack which you can pick up anywhere. It will be a male mini plug on both ends. I am thinking of doing the same thing with Sat radio. Where are you mounting your sat tuner? Are you going to run the aux. cable in through the dash somewhere?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the tuner im going to do in the ashtray. the receiver i dont know where to install. i guess i need an adapter though from RCA plugs to headphone jack for the sat receiver, right?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the tuner im going to do in the ashtray. the receiver i dont know where to install. i guess i need an adapter though from RCA plugs to headphone jack for the sat receiver, right?
Yes, you would need an adapter I believe. I have the XM Roady and it is all one unit and I would like to keep it out in the open, but just can't figure the best way to get from the glovebox to the cabin. I guess that nothing says you have to mount the aux. jack in the glovebox location....I looked at a mount from http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/ that goes right next to the radio and bolts behind the radio frame. This is the cleanest solution that I have seen to mount the tuner. Let me know what you decide to do.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what im planning on doing as of right now is to buy the cable from steve. install it to the COMAND, install the SkyFi unit in the ashtray and run the line out plug from the SkyFi adapter to the aux line in behind the dash and then right into my COMAND. what im trying to work out now is how to get the power direct without using the cig lighter. ive been told 2 seperate things. one i cant splice the power cord with the cig adapter, but i must buy the FM modulator to run direct power. just not run the antenna portion of the modulator. the other is that i can splice the cig lighter power cord, cut the end off, and run that to the fuse box in my car. i guess a fuse that would shut off when the car shuts off. im not sure as of yet and have a week to figure this out since my car wont be back until friday. i want to place the SkyFi where the ashtray goes, so i can open and close the ashtray lid to conceal it. then im going to mount the antenna on my rear window at the top portion where the teleaid antenna goes.

anyone have the part number for that aux cable?

Last edited by CitronC230K_03; 05-29-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:26 PM

2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
Here is a great link to Comand info:http://www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff/

You can buy the aux input cable from any MB dealer.

9) Auxiliary Input COMAND can have an Auxiliary audio input – this is normally found in the glovebox and can be used to connect a cassette/mp3/md player or other music source.

The input connections are on the C2 connector and are as follows: -

Right Signal 4

Right Ground 5

Left Signal 13

Left Ground 14

Shielded 3 core cable should be used with the shield connected to pin 14 of connector C2.

There is a loom available from Mercedes for this, part number

A210 440 50 05 or (A 203 540 61 07)

You will have to remove the connector that is on that, and then wire it directly into connector C2 on the COMAND. It is probably easier just to make up the appropriate loom.

You can hard wire the Sirus line out to the C2 pins indicated. Your C2 connector may not have the pins installed, if not get the pins part # A 008 545 55 26
Old 05-30-2004, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cool. i will order this cable. once i take the cable off the rear COMAND unit once attempt to attach this new cable on, is it that hard or will it be pretty much self explanitory. the clips that im told are required, is that the pins you mention? i'll order this cable either from the dealership or from steve. thanks for your help.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

quick question about this loom A 203 540 61 07, is it basically a wire with the female connector on one end for a headphone type jack and 4 wires on the other end which need to be inserted into the C2 connector. basically the loom and 4 pins is all i need correct?
Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
quick question about this loom A 203 540 61 07, is it basically a wire with the female connector on one end for a headphone type jack and 4 wires on the other end which need to be inserted into the C2 connector. basically the loom and 4 pins is all i need correct?

if you're looking to install an in-car (only) sirius or xm system than more than likely it will have RCA output to connect to your AUX in.

you need to go to radio shack or someplace similar and get the cheapest cable you can find that has a female RCA connector on it (some are sold as single cables or as stereo cables, makes no difference but you need 2 so grab the stereo cables) - don't worry about what's on the other end as you'll be cutting this off...

cut the OTHER end of the cable and you'll notice the core wire and the shielding. the shield is the ground.

from your dealer order at least 4 of part #A008 545 55 26 - these are the pins to connect to your C2 connector. they're not gonna be more than a quarter a piece so i'd get a couple extras just in case you drop one (they're tiny and if they fall in plush carpeting, consider them gone!).

the 4 wires from your radio shack cable (left signal & ground, right signal & ground) will go into these 4 pins. use a pair of pliers to crimp the wires into the pins - very intuitive once you see them.

pull your comand and find the C2 connector - remove the C2 shell from the connector (has a clip and slides right out). take your newly made AUX cable and insert the pins into their appropriate locations:
right audio = 4
right ground = 5
left audio = 13
left ground = 14

now run your male-to-male standard RCA stereo audio cable from your receiver/tuner to your AUX cable. all in all it should cost you about $5-7 and maybe about 20 minutes of your time (not including time spent at the dealership and radio shack)

GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

picked up my pins this morning from the dealer. i get my car back friday and am going to do the install on Saturday. i pulled the WIS for COMAND removal and will post pics of my install when finished. thanks for everyones help.