C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Eibach or H&R Springs for W203?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04.5 C230K Sedan
Actually Benz Boi, you didn't answer his question. His question is will the Eibachs be = to '05 OEM suspension.

I have an '04.5 which is the same suspension as the '05's. I think they are pretty much = to the Eibachs (PLUS YOU CAN GET A MATCHING SET OF DAMPERS AND KEEP A FACTORY WARRANTY).

It all depends on your needs. I live in Philly and the roads are awful.....worse than NYC. I drive 40K miles a yr. To me the '05 suspension is perfect. It is even a bit rough at times. If you want looks go for H&R Cupkit or C.O.'s. If you want a real world suspension that is sporty and MATCHED PROPERLY (something just springs won't give you no matter what people will tell you). A key factor people don't consider on here is where people live when they ask for suspension advice. Alot of SoCal guys say a ride is tolerable, but their roads are perfect. As far as balance, the only spirited driving they use their cars for is daily cruising. For less than great streets lowest and lowest profile tire aren't always rule #1.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Insults????

Originally Posted by Boxer2Blower
.It all depends on your needs.
I agree When I purchase most things, it is because of a need or a want..... often one in the same

A key factor people don't consider on here is where people live when they ask for suspension advice.
This thread was started by someone from California ....
We have the most cars with performance suspension, lowered, lifted in the USA
More people like yourself don't understand what they read but have a bs answer to post anyway .

Alot of SoCal guys say a ride is tolerable, but their roads are perfect.
Perfect compared to roads in Philly and NYC I would agree! No such thing as a perfect public road
As far as balance, the only spirited driving they use their cars for is daily cruising.
I guess since you put 40k miles a year on your car, on bad roads worse than NYC, you must use your car as a TAXI!
And I guess since you are trying to get as many fares as possible, you do quite a bit of spirited driving....

Give me our daily spirited cruising on our perfect roads with our ultra low cars with 18" and 19" wheels anyday

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 09-28-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Almost a Member!

'04.5 C230K Sedan
Sorry dude. Calm down. I meant no insults. My only point was to buy the suspension that best fits your needs or you will a) be sorry and b) waste your money. I would take good SoCal roads any day too......but I live in Philly and moving to CA just so I can throw on a set of 19" HRE's doesn't make much sense to me for some reason (especially on a slow car to begin with for that matter). As for my mileage....I am a Real Estate investor in Philadelphia so I am constantly on the road. On the weekends in the summer I am constantly visiting College friends or going to our shore house. The last time I was accused of driving a Taxi was when I had my modded YELLOW WRX.... As far as my BS post and not understanding.......I am just trying to help someone with a question. Oh wait, you must know everything since you live in a place where there are more lowered vehicles. Hey, everyone CUT YOUR SPINGS! Good idea. I think AMG is looking for a few good engineers to help develop new suspension systems.......
Old 09-29-2004, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by UrbanC
Hey guys,
Which is a better spring for the W203? Eibach or H&R?
I appreciate your inputs.
UrbanC,
from the extensive research I did on AMG, Eibach, H&R, Brabus, & Carlsson suspension, I found that H&R work better on W203's than Eibach.
With that said, I was going to go with the H&R Cup Kit, until I decided to go full throttle and just spend the money on the very best: Carlsson RS adjustable Sport Suspension. If money is not a factor, than I would suggest the Carlsson. If you have to choose between H&R and Eibach, I would go with the H&R Cup Kit; or Coilovers on a lower budget.
This is based on: 1] ride quality (stiff sporty vs soft luxury), 2] corner handling (puts MB W203 sedans on par with the much-talked-about "better" BMW suspension), 3] product design, and 4] cost (bang for the buck).

Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by Boxer2Blower
Hey, everyone CUT YOUR SPINGS! Good idea. I think AMG is looking for a few good engineers to help develop new suspension systems.......
I know he's kidding, but for anyone who even thinks about cutting springs,
you deserve a good whack in the head
NEVER cut your springs...

-----------------------------------

Whoever goes to work for ////AMG, don't forget us little people !

Old 09-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Almost a Member!

'04.5 C230K Sedan
Originally Posted by Saprissa
UrbanC,
from the extensive research I did on AMG, Eibach, H&R, Brabus, & Carlsson suspension, I found that H&R work better on W203's than Eibach.
With that said, I was going to go with the H&R Cup Kit, until I decided to go full throttle and just spend the money on the very best: Carlsson RS adjustable Sport Suspension. If money is not a factor, than I would suggest the Carlsson. If you have to choose between H&R and Eibach, I would go with the H&R Cup Kit; or Coilovers on a lower budget.
This is based on: 1] ride quality (stiff sporty vs soft luxury), 2] corner handling (puts MB W203 sedans on par with the much-talked-about "better" BMW suspension), 3] product design, and 4] cost (bang for the buck).

Now this guy must be from SoCal I think someone finally answered the question asked. :p