C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Brake light on and off intermittent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2018 | 10:36 AM

C320 Wagon
Brake light on and off intermittent

My vehicle is a 2002 C320 Wagon, I have the brake light coming on and off intermittently as I drive. The ding ding is driving me nuts! Sometimes the parking brake warning also comes on the display, and then I can hit a scroll button on steering wheel and it goes away, until it comes on again. Usually when driving down a highway it usually stays off, but around town it does it more. I replaced the parking brake switch, made sure I was full on brake fluid, even unplugged the brake fluid sensor, greased up the linkage under back seat, and even pressed the parking brake switch by hand all the way in and it stills flashes erratically. Could it be a short in a wire somewhere, is there any way to totally disabled the warnings altogether? This is really silly that something this little can render a car useless, because no one wants to drive with that dinging all the time. If I could just turn off the ding!!! LOL Thanks for any help!