C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Everything seem's to be sticking to the cloth seats..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' BMW M3 E90
Unhappy Everything seem's to be sticking to the cloth seats..

If i known it was this hard to keep these cloth seat's clean i would have got leather. I had leather on all my car's except the c230. I decided to go cloth because of the cracks you get from leather as time goes by. And in Calgary at -30 weathers it can be very cold( No heated Seats) and in summers it burns my legs. So i said lets save couple grand and go with the cloth. Mistake.. I like the cloth seats don't get me wrong but every damn thing sticks to it. I have a dog and a cat and everytime i sit in this car the hair from the animals stick every where. And the dust also starting to drive me crazy a little. Almost every day i have to wipe down the seats.

Any ideas how to get rid of the static from the cloth seats. I think that's why everything is starting to stick to it. Even my arm hair stands up when i sit in this car from all the static.. I should have listen to the Wife and got leather.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Have you tried scotch guard? I put some on my car just so in the unfortunate event that something should spill in it , the stain wouldnt be so bad.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: Everything seem's to be sticking to the cloth seats..

Originally posted by Iceman's C230
If i known it was this hard to keep these cloth seat's clean i would have got leather. I had leather on all my car's except the c230. I decided to go cloth because of the cracks you get from leather as time goes by. And in Calgary at -30 weathers it can be very cold( No heated Seats) and in summers it burns my legs. So i said lets save couple grand and go with the cloth. Mistake.. I like the cloth seats don't get me wrong but every damn thing sticks to it. I have a dog and a cat and everytime i sit in this car the hair from the animals stick every where. And the dust also starting to drive me crazy a little. Almost every day i have to wipe down the seats.

Any ideas how to get rid of the static from the cloth seats. I think that's why everything is starting to stick to it. Even my arm hair stands up when i sit in this car from all the static.. I should have listen to the Wife and got leather.
i know what u mean it is very hard to keep clean this is also my only car i ever had with cloth. but i solved the problem by not letting my pets in there. and i bought a car vac so i just vacuum it 3 times a week because i hate it dirty.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
Re: Re: Everything seem's to be sticking to the cloth seats..

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe

i know what u mean it is very hard to keep clean this is also my only car i ever had with cloth. but i solved the problem by not letting my pets in there. and i bought a car vac so i just vacuum it 3 times a week because i hate it dirty.

Hey BlackC230Coupe, I don't let any pet's in my car also. It is just the hair that get's stuck from the pets on my pant's or shirt will stick to the cloth seats really bad.

TimmyC230Boy, i have not scoth guarded the seats yet. Is there any special brand that MB sells on the seats?
Old 04-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
seats

yea thats true when my dog rubs against me and then i go in my car i have all the hair on my seats to. i scoth guarded the seats in my sisters car with 3M scoth guard and it worked ok just make sure before u do it u test it on a hiddin area or else it could dis-color it a little.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:15 PM

2006 MB C230 SS 6spd, Navi
Re: Re: Re: Everything seem's to be sticking to the cloth seats..

Originally posted by Iceman's C230

Hey BlackC230Coupe, I don't let any pet's in my car also. It is just the hair that get's stuck from the pets on my pant's or shirt will stick to the cloth seats really bad.

TimmyC230Boy, i have not scoth guarded the seats yet. Is there any special brand that MB sells on the seats?
Make a choice it's either the pets or the benz. Which one will it be?

Oh wait there is one more choice go to CST and get some aftermarket leather. Unless it's a lease.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
If i remember correctly I used 3M. Depending on what part of the country you are in go to your local, Autozone, advanced auto etc, and look at the different brands of scotch guard they have. I would recommend trying it in a hidden area first though, no problems here, but you can never be too careful.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C-Coupe
My Passats interior does the same thing. Use lint rollers and use them often.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:42 AM

Talking

Iceman you have to make a decision. If you let your pets in the car you will pay the price - with cloth or leather. Have you ever seen leather seats that a cat has decided to stretch his claws in ? Nice little holes all over the place. I think you would prefer to vacuum once in a while instead.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:53 AM

2002 C230K Coupe
I've used 3M scotch guard on my coupe and it really works.
One time my friend set on the coke bottle which was not closed
tightly. As he was setting I heard gas coming out of the coke bottle and coke was all over the seat. I wiped it right away with the napkins and it didn't even left one single stain.
By the way mine is Oyster cloth which do not tolerate any small stain.....everything is visible on this cloth seat.

Last edited by harpax; 04-23-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:03 PM

2002 C230K
I've used ScotchGuard (works great) Also lint brush or tape roller, both ok, but a damp cloth or fabric spounge are the best (other than my Electrolux) for remove pet hair and lint.

Short knap velour seats (like VW) especially black is the worst. The MB cloth should be a snap to kep clean in comparison.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:22 PM

Smile how much?

How much did it cost you to have scotchguard on your oyster cloth? I was thinking of doing the same on mine, where did you buy the products? what is the exact brand? and how much was the total?

Thanks...
Old 04-23-2002, 12:38 PM

2002 C230K Coupe
Re: how much?

Originally posted by curioused
How much did it cost you to have scotchguard on your oyster cloth? I was thinking of doing the same on mine, where did you buy the products? what is the exact brand? and how much was the total?

Thanks...
I think it was either $4.99 or $5.99...it wasn't expansive.
I bought mine at Auto Track store, but I think you could get them at Wal-mart too. You can't miss this spary can. It says 3M Scotch Gauard on the can.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:18 PM

Thanks, I will follow your advise, how many cans did you need?
Old 04-23-2002, 02:20 PM

2002 C230K Coupe
Originally posted by curioused
Thanks, I will follow your advise, how many cans did you need?
I used one whole can.