C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Best florida dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best florida dealership?

Im looking to buy a 05 c230 w/ entertainment pkg ,automatic trans., and sunroof. I just went to pembroke pines and the dealer would not go lower than 1k off. Does anyone know of a dealership that will go lower i need at least 2000 off. any replies would be great. ps i live in lighthouse point so anywhere from miami to the west palm area is fune. thanx
Old 06-22-2004, 02:12 PM

C320 Coupe
don't even think about my coast, the southwest coast, of florida (ft. myers, naples), the dealers here are so ****ing ridiculous.

i'd say keep calling around the miami/ft. lauderdale/palm beach area, and also central florida, esp. sarasota. what i did when i was car shopping was called dealers all around south & central florida, and haggled with them, eventually getting them all to go down. i got my best deal from sarasota. i then presented the mercedes benz of naples dealer with my lowest price and said, "make my life easier by matching this, or i'll just drive to sarasota," and he eventually conceded.

i got my c320 coupe for about $2500 off their price (retail $33,780 or something like that, can't exactly remember).
Old 06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW 325i
Get a C spot coupon to save 1500 instantly

Call my salesman Sam Froman at MB of Ft Lauderdale 954-713-1000 and he should give you at least 1500 off and no dealer fee then find a cspot coupon for another 1500 off.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
I would also stay away from Autohaus Pompano and MB of Palm Beach.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:03 PM

2005 C230K Black/Charcoal
I would have to second JayinLauderdale's recommendation of MB Ft. Lauderdale. I was trying to get Sam Froman when I bought my '05 C but he was busy and I got Shawn Bressman who was excellent and I would highly recommend to anyone. Plus, they're a Maybach dealer and I got to see an all black 57 there

One experience with Bill Ussery in Coral Gables and it was basically a disaster. We were there for 4 and a half hours after numerous mistakes were made on everything from trade in value to financing rates and other details. Then to top it all off they never sent our financing information correctly to MB Credit so we started getting some interesting phone calls.

MB Pembroke Pines is pretty new and I have only gone their to see some cars, no real interaction.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:01 PM

Anyone have any experience with MB of South Orlando?
Old 06-24-2004, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally posted by fgodoy1
One experience with Bill Ussery in Coral Gables and it was basically a disaster. We were there for 4 and a half hours after numerous mistakes were made on everything from trade in value to financing rates and other details.
How hard is it for these salesmonkeys to figure out that they would have more customers, and thus more money, if they treated customers properly and took care of business?

Alas, not all salesmonkeys are monkeys; just most of them. Non-SalesMonkeys are actuall "salespeople", because they know what the heck they are doing.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:38 PM

e500 4matic; c240
I just spoke with them...

Originally posted by pj230
Anyone have any experience with MB of South Orlando?
We just ordered a new 320CDi, and I spoke with the internet sales manager, great guy, he knew alot about the car's details and spent time going every detail plus offered to give me a break on the price (CDi's usually sells for MSRP and up). Unfortunatly I live really close to the maintland dealer and decided to go with them because of that (otherwise they won't give you complementary loaners). I can't complain on the maintland dealer, I've had nothing but greate service from them.

I thought the south orlando dealer was much better as far as the installations are concerned, more perks and much nicer building. They are supposedly owned by an ex-ball player who has his office there, and not a large corporation; which should translate into better operations. Plus they are very eager to get customers.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:41 PM

e500 4matic; c240
Re: Best florida dealership?

Originally posted by vin1215
Im looking to buy a 05 c230 w/ entertainment pkg ,automatic trans., and sunroof. I just went to pembroke pines and the dealer would not go lower than 1k off. Does anyone know of a dealership that will go lower i need at least 2000 off. any replies would be great. ps i live in lighthouse point so anywhere from miami to the west palm area is fune. thanx
I would do what others suggested (which is what I did when we bought our C240). Get a few quotes and a good dealer close to you to give you that price. The Palm Beach dealer gave me a good price, but their service is lousy, its like buying a toyota. That's why I went with the orlando dealer, who matched their price.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 AM

Slk 230 & CLK500
I can recommend the worst, the one to avoid is Mercedes Benz of Sarasota. They were the best under Glauser but now under Autonation they could care less for the consumer only the bottom line. Avoid this place like the plaque. Spoke with the new general manager who said there are no problems under him & the consumer comes first, well he sounded sincere spoke with him on a Wednesday & said he would definitely call me back on Friday, that was over 2 weeks ago. Things have not changed at Mercedes Benz of Sarasota, avoid this place.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by fgodoy1
I would have to second JayinLauderdale's recommendation of MB Ft. Lauderdale. I was trying to get Sam Froman when I bought my '05 C but he was busy and I got Shawn Bressman who was excellent and I would highly recommend to anyone. Plus, they're a Maybach dealer and I got to see an all black 57 there

One experience with Bill Ussery in Coral Gables and it was basically a disaster. We were there for 4 and a half hours after numerous mistakes were made on everything from trade in value to financing rates and other details. Then to top it all off they never sent our financing information correctly to MB Credit so we started getting some interesting phone calls.

MB Pembroke Pines is pretty new and I have only gone their to see some cars, no real interaction.
I went to high school with Shawn, and i bought my RX-7 off of him, Known him since we were kids. Last year he tried selling me a 2002 C32 with 29K miles for $39,000.00. He wouldn't budge and i knew i could get a better deal elsewhere. He offered me a E55 last week at the sub shop. He's a good guy, very personable, but this market is full of stupid customers and they get preferential treatment as they pay more. BTW his dealership (not shawn) is the one who sold my freind an aftermarket warranty for R350 for $4k and change.

Chances are if you know your cars, you're not going to get a good deal anywhere in So FLa. There's a dealership in the carolina's Dick Dywer that offers no haggle prices on his cars. I like his inventory and pricing. He beats anything offered down here.

Remember the so fla dealers know they can sell their cars to any joe scmho, so they will wait rather than sell at rock bottom price. Hit em up with prices from across the country and gauge their reaction.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I went to high school with Shawn, and i bought my RX-7 off of him, Known him since we were kids. Last year he tried selling me a 2002 C32 with 29K miles for $39,000.00. He wouldn't budge and i knew i could get a better deal elsewhere.
Wow, thats pretty expensive for an 02 C32. I can see maybe an 04 for that price but nowadays you can find an 05 C55 with decent mileage for $39k.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I went to high school with Shawn, and i bought my RX-7 off of him, Known him since we were kids. Last year he tried selling me a 2002 C32 with 29K miles for $39,000.00. He wouldn't budge and i knew i could get a better deal elsewhere. He offered me a E55 last week at the sub shop. He's a good guy, very personable, but this market is full of stupid customers and they get preferential treatment as they pay more. BTW his dealership (not shawn) is the one who sold my freind an aftermarket warranty for R350 for $4k and change.

Chances are if you know your cars, you're not going to get a good deal anywhere in So FLa. There's a dealership in the carolina's Dick Dywer that offers no haggle prices on his cars. I like his inventory and pricing. He beats anything offered down here.

Remember the so fla dealers know they can sell their cars to any joe scmho, so they will wait rather than sell at rock bottom price. Hit em up with prices from across the country and gauge their reaction.
+1

Try Central Florida Euro Cars in Lakeland.

http://www.robertgwaters.com/
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Duval(forgot what it used to be called) in Gainesville lost my sale before the dealership got sold. Have been told the new ownership is OK.

Brumo's in Jax has such a bad reputation I would steer clear.

Crown in Tampa screwed me AND my brother in law over in the past. We refuse to do business with them based on our experience and other reviews.

South Orlando seems OK, but I have only been there for a test drive and to purchase a part.

North Orlando is where I ended up buying my car. 120 miles away from me even though there were other dealerships closer. Easiest, friendliest, and simplest car I have ever purchased, all done over the phone. Took 15 mins when I went to pick up the car to sign paperwork. Their service has been great too.... why else would I drive that far for service?

Anyhow, PM me if you want more details.

Good Luck.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by electromethod
Duval(forgot what it used to be called) in Gainesville lost my sale before the dealership got sold. Have been told the new ownership is OK.

Brumo's in Jax has such a bad reputation I would steer clear.

Crown in Tampa screwed me AND my brother in law over in the past. We refuse to do business with them based on our experience and other reviews.

South Orlando seems OK, but I have only been there for a test drive and to purchase a part.

North Orlando is where I ended up buying my car. 120 miles away from me even though there were other dealerships closer. Easiest, friendliest, and simplest car I have ever purchased, all done over the phone. Took 15 mins when I went to pick up the car to sign paperwork. Their service has been great too.... why else would I drive that far for service?

Anyhow, PM me if you want more details.

Good Luck.
North orlando, you mean the one in Maintland? I took my mom's ML there for the cat converter recall and was supposed to get a shuttle back home because i'm not old enough for a loaner. I waited in the lounge for about 2hrs. My dad called and asked me if i was home yet. I said i was still waiting. He told me that the SA told him that he had sent me home via the shuttle a half our ago. So, i went into the service area and talked to the lady that was there. She was not very friendly and did not seem to care about the sitiuation. Anyway, after another 20min i was finally shuttle back home in an R350. We went back later to pick up the C230 loaner. Those *******s never apologized or seemed to care.

I talked to the parts department yesterday at South Orlando and the guy was pretty helpful and friendly.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
North orlando, you mean the one in Maintland? I took my mom's ML there for the cat converter recall and was supposed to get a shuttle back home because i'm not old enough for a loaner. I waited in the lounge for about 2hrs. My dad called and asked me if i was home yet. I said i was still waiting. He told me that the SA told him that he had sent me home via the shuttle a half our ago. So, i went into the service area and talked to the lady that was there. She was not very friendly and did not seem to care about the sitiuation. Anyway, after another 20min i was finally shuttle back home in an R350. We went back later to pick up the C230 loaner. Those *******s never apologized or seemed to care.

I talked to the parts department yesterday at South Orlando and the guy was pretty helpful and friendly.
Sounds like a simple human mistake man. Sorry to hear you aren't old enough for the loaner. I wish I had that problem.... 30 is approaching and they keep trying to push the ML loaners on me now...... do I look like a soccer dad?

PM me which Service advisor you dealt with. Some of them are dicks... just what I have picked up talking to other owners who visit that dealer. The 2 advisors I deal with have a loaner lined up for me ahead of time and I am in and out in 10 mins. I drop car off, get a loaner, and drive back down following morning to pick up my car.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
ryan exactly how old are you?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Does the dealer have to be in Florida? Also, what kind of price range are you trying to be in?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ryan exactly how old are you?
19. 20 in March.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
dude i wish i was driving a benz at that age. Although when i was 19 I had my rx7
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dude i wish i was driving a benz at that age. Although when i was 19 I had my rx7
I worked hard to get it! rx7 is not bad at all. How old are you if you don't mind me asking.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM

2005 C230
Central Florida Euro Cars in Lakeland.

South Orlando are *******s...nice place though.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Almost a Member!

i would def recommend the MB in Ft Lauderdale. and also agree with staying away from Autohaus in Pompano, good luck!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
[QUOTE=Ryanr317;2309185]I worked hard to get it! rx7 is not bad at all. How old are you if you don't mind me asking.[/QUOTE
Be 32 in august. I like you worked hard for my rx-7 in fact it pretty much ate more than half my paycheck in insurance and car payments. But i worked overtime and paid it off in four years. I owned it outright when i was 24. Which was a nice milestone.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=moosejaw;2312073]
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
I worked hard to get it! rx7 is not bad at all. How old are you if you don't mind me asking.[/QUOTE
Be 32 in august. I like you worked hard for my rx-7 in fact it pretty much ate more than half my paycheck in insurance and car payments. But i worked overtime and paid it off in four years. I owned it outright when i was 24. Which was a nice milestone.
Owned mine outright the day i bought it! Only cost me 13,500 though, got a good deal on it. Then again, i put quite a bit into it also.