C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Boost leak on my 2005 C230K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
Boost leak on my 2005 C230K

Hello MBWorld, I'm back again hoping for some advice.

Earlier in the year I purchased my 2005 C230K with a bad cat, well after some time, I got it fixed up and driving nice. Just a few days ago, I had it perfect, driving and shifting to my style.
Unfortunately, nothing can stay perfect forever, and while driving to work at 4:30 AM, I hit a tire that someone dropped on the freeway. My car now has a check engine light, I've read the codes and i have P0172 and P0238, bank 1 running too rich and boost circuit too high. I believe i've found the leak, and I'm just guessing that the car is running rich because of the leak (?), because this is the second time it's actually had a boost leak in its life afaik. When i start the car and put my hand over where i think it's coming from, it's blowing out air (which is why I think it's the problem, but I don't know for sure so I'm asking here in hopes some more experienced people can help). It's also a bit louder in that area of the car, which is my front passenger side of the car (i was exiting the freeway and the tire was on the exit, so i was merging slightly right when I hit it). I tried to take a few pics to post here, and just get some opinions on if this truly is a broken piece, or just something that I don't know about. Also, if it is the broken piece, I can't figure out what it is, so some help on that would be appreciated.

The silver piece in the middle of the picture is the part i put my hand over, and the part blowing out air. This is also the piece I can't figure out what it is.

The black piece in the middle of this picture clearly looks broken to me, it wobbles around as it sits and I don't know what it is.

I just took this picture for reference that it is slowly leaking something, my guess is supercharger oil but I really have no idea.

These pictures are actually huge as I'm typing this, I apologize for that but I have no time to take any others right now as I have to leave for work. Any help on if this is the leak or not, and what parts these are, is greatly appreciated because I am at a loss right now.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
bumped, anybody still read threads here?