C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Car Dealership Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Angry Car Dealership Experience

If you're going to get a Mercedes and you live in south central Wisconsin, I recommend you not going to the local dealer because they are pretty much a bunch of morons.

My sales person, whom I'm not going to name, does not even know the color of the glass on the sport and luxury sedans is different. Obviously, he was not very knowledgable about any MB. I have to look up my answers on the web at this forum or the other one or I have to call MB myself. He couldn't get me the Bi-Xenon that I wanted so badly as well (I walked through their lot and all their C's stock did not have Bi-xenons. Can you believe this?). [I'm getting them from Steve for sure. I can't drive in the Wisconsin backroads or in the snow with the stock lights] The only positive contribution that he made was he told me that I should get my rims and tires at tirerack.com.

It's also hard to get a hold of him and it took him almost 2 weeks to work out the final price breakdown of our car. I almost have to be the blood thirsty slave master , calling him every hour to make sure that he gets his job done. Finally he called me back and told him how lucky I was to get 2000 off of the sticker price for this car because it's one of first 2004 deliveries. I thought to myself, "wtf is wrong with this guy? does he know that everybody looks at edmunds.com before buying a car and they already know your bottomline? GUESS NOT!!

I would not deal with this car dealership again when I get my next MB. By the way, this dealer also sells BMW, Saab, Porsche, and Audi in the Madison area (sounds like a monopoly)
Old 07-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

Welcome to the world of new car stealerships. As you continue to read this forum you'll find that the majority shares your opinion somewhat. I do believe I even read where a couple of salesmen on here admitted that the knowledge on this forum exceeds there own.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:37 AM

2002 E55, Black on Black
Originally Posted by amdeutsch

Welcome to the world of new car stealerships. As you continue to read this forum you'll find that the majority shares your opinion somewhat. I do believe I even read where a couple of salesmen on here admitted that the knowledge on this forum exceeds there own.
100% correct. Unfortunately, most salespeple (not just MB) don't know much about the cars they sell. Granted, most purchasers don't know as much about their cars as us car nuts do, either. However, it never ceases to amaze me how little sales guys know about the details.

When I got my C, the first sales guy I spoke two refused to acknowledge that there were changes to the 2004 half-way through the product year, so I had to switch sales guys.
I've also heard the following:
"MB Tex is real leather, just a different process used in making it"
"With this C320 sport you should be able to handle as well as an M3"
"Sirius radio? Hmm... Never heard of it. I'll have to check with Mercedes" followed by "Yeah, your 2004 has Sirius radio built in already, I think"
Old 07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
That's the exact same bull***** my sales person told me when I got mine. Since this was my first car and I need one, I didn't do the special order. Next time, I'll do a special order for sure and gets everything I wanted.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:32 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by r_liebo
100% correct. Unfortunately, most salespeple (not just MB) don't know much about the cars they sell. Granted, most purchasers don't know as much about their cars as us car nuts do, either. However, it never ceases to amaze me how little sales guys know about the details.

When I got my C, the first sales guy I spoke two refused to acknowledge that there were changes to the 2004 half-way through the product year, so I had to switch sales guys.
I've also heard the following:
"MB Tex is real leather, just a different process used in making it"
"With this C320 sport you should be able to handle as well as an M3"
"Sirius radio? Hmm... Never heard of it. I'll have to check with Mercedes" followed by "Yeah, your 2004 has Sirius radio built in already, I think"
i can totally relate. although they did a good job selling me my car, when my mom was looking at the E class in 2002, the sales guy tried to show us the CD player in the dashboard....where it doesn't exist. he was like, "oh, man, where is it? i'll have to check up on that.." i knew it was an option and in the glovebox, but i wanted to see him make an *** of himself. come on, something that simple as the CD player?! what the hell type of people are they hiring as salesmen/women?

and, another one....my friend's dad recently got the new 7 series. that whole i-drive system is ridiculous and makes operating the car harder as opposed to easier. but that aside, when he couldn't figure out how to control the a/c, he took it to ther dealer to find out. it took them 15 minutes to figure it out themselves. wow.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
its hard to find a salesperson who knows as much as they should. they are out there though.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:41 PM

C320 Coupe
yeah, the salesman who i dealt with for my car was very car savvy. he was a great guy, gave us a good deal on the car, and he even gave me a little run through of the car before we left the dealership with it, even though i already knew plenty about it (and he actually knew everything that we was talking about).
Old 07-19-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
the salesmen i bought my car from was very knowledgable as well. there were 2 previous slaesmonkeys i talked to who were idiots, so i took my business elsewhere until i found someone who seemed to know what he was talking about.