C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 C class 2005 Comand APS NTG2 freeze on MB Logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220 CDI 2005 (W203)
W203 C class 2005 Comand APS NTG2 freeze on MB Logo

Hello all,

I know this question was posted before and I went over it like 10000 times but still, I have issues with my "new" radio.

So here is a bit of a story for all of you to read (don't hate me now). So at this moment I have Comand Radio 50 installed in the car (which came with the car by default) and it works just fine no issues at all. So I decided to upgrade from this to Comand APS NTG2 which was installed in same car and the unit was working just fine. I got all documents and unit (without Navi DVD) and after the first installation, I managed to get unit working but when I returned everything back it just keeps freezing at MB Logo. It started a few times but as soon as you remove the key or turn it off it didn't start again. I had a guy check it with MB Diagnostics and the car didn't even recognize it so I got it out and left it on a side as I didn't have too much time to spend on it.

A few days ago I decided to take another chance at it and somehow I managed to get it running (turning on and off just fine, play radio, cd, phone). I was happy at this turnaround and I parked a car in the garage and left it there. In the morning I got the same issues as before so it would get stuck at the MB logo and turn off after a few secs or it could take up to 2 min. I checked all fuses connected to the radio, disconnected battery but nothing was working. I checked the unit as well and everything is ok with all components inside. I know that it could be some issues with fiber optics but my old Radio 50 is working just fine and sometimes I can get into a new one as well. Today I got it working again and it was working for few hours as I had to do some stuff around the house and after 3 hours of sitting in the garage, I went to check on it to come back in the "old" state. After the first time I managed to get it "working" I entered into engineering mode and "synced" it with my car mileage (261k instead of 210k which were in previous owner car).

I read somewhere that it needs to be programmed for my car but as mentioned before the diagnostics can't read radio even tho it is installed in the car. I would like to get it working for at least a day so I can get the guy to check it with diagnostics and program it if needed (or maybe I have the wrong info).
Here is what I tried so far:
1.) Fuse check - all good
2.) Disconnect battery to restart unit: done, same problem
3.) Opened unit and reconnected DVD and LCD - no luck
4.) Tested original radio - working just fine no issues at all

Any advice here? Anyone had the same issues? What I can check next?
Old 04-20-2020, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220 CDI 2005 (W203)
Ok so new update, this morning i managed to start unit and I got into engeenering mode and found this error: “Ring break diagnosis” and description says Turning off HU

See attached pictures