C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ordering C230K tomorrow...have some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 09:14 PM
Bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ml320, 2002 C230K
Ordering C230K tomorrow...have some questions

First of all, BIG thanks to DrMike for giving me the name of a great dealer/salesman. He says it should be no problem to get the C230K at 3% over invoice. He's going to check with mgmt tonight and fax me the order tomorrow. They have a late Dec build that can still be customized. It should arrive late Jan/early Feb.

I've told him I want a certain unmentionable blue, 6speed, c2, c4.

Questions:
1. Does the $600 Bose option get you a CD player or are you only getting a subwoofer and upgraded speakers for all that money?

2. Does the CD changer option take up the entire glove box?

3. Is there any price diff between ordering the CD changer and getting it installed later by the dealer?

4. Where is the cassette player?

5. Has anyone seen the oyster leather? How's it compare in color to the rest of the oyster interior? Is it the same pebble texture leather in the c320 (which did not impress me)?. I prefer smooth, buttery leather. I'm leaning strongly toward the cloth.

C7 is not on my list.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2001, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Some Answers

I will do my best to answer your questions (to the best of my ability)...

>>1. Does the $600 Bose option get you a CD player or are you only getting a subwoofer and upgraded speakers for all that money?

You hit the nail on the head. You are only getting the 7 speakers (including dash-mounted center channel speaker), 9-inch Nd Neodymium Iron Boron woofer and Bose AudioPilot digital sound processor to cancel ambient noise. No CD-Changer.

>>2. Does the CD changer option take up the entire glove box?

No. It takes up 75% of the upper portion of the glove box. The lower portion of the glove box is still useable, but keep in mind there still is not a lot of room.

>>3. Is there any price diff between ordering the CD changer and getting it installed later by the dealer?

You WILL save money by adding this after delivery, UNLESS you can get your dealer to maybe throw this option in or give you a substantial discount. After delivery you are looking at about $450 or so for the CD Changer and parts uninstalled.

>>4. Where is the cassette player?

If you get COMAND as an option, there is NO cassette player. If you do not get COMAND, you will have a standard cassette player in the radio.

>>5. Has anyone seen the oyster leather? How's it compare in color to the rest of the oyster interior? Is it the same pebble texture leather in the c320 (which did not impress me)?. I prefer smooth, buttery leather. I'm leaning strongly toward the cloth.

I have not seen the oyster so I will someone else answer this one..
Old 11-12-2001, 09:29 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Re: Ordering C230K tomorrow...have some questions

Originally posted by Bud

Questions:
1. Does the $600 Bose option get you a CD player or are you only getting a subwoofer and upgraded speakers for all that money?

bose option, does not include a cdplayer, only sub, upgraded speakers, and audio pilot thing

2. Does the CD changer option take up the entire glove box?

no it does not

3. Is there any price diff between ordering the CD changer and getting it installed later by the dealer?

most dealers wont charge install if you order cdchanger, with your car, if you add it later, install is 70+ an hour for labor

4. Where is the cassette player?

under the main head unit on a regular stereo, deleted with the command system

5. Has anyone seen the oyster leather? How's it compare in color to the rest of the oyster interior? Is it the same pebble texture leather in the c320 (which did not impress me)?. I prefer smooth, buttery leather. I'm leaning strongly toward the cloth.

if you have seen charcoal leather, you have a good idea of the texture of the oyster. IMO oyester adds a touch of extra luxury, while charcoal adds a racey feel.... either way, go with leather, in the premium package

C7 is not on my list.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2001, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The standard speakers are poor. The Bose speakers are much better, but not great. The leather is the same as the premium leather option in the sedans. Negotiate the price of the cd changer if you can. My dealer would not. Well, he did a little bit. He said he could give me $200 of their usual installed price of $1200. No, that is not a typo. That $1200 will someday pay for the pulley and chip upgrade.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:26 AM

C230K
Get the C7 package. It's not alot more. Besides, it's probably the best deal you will get from mercedes.