C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

for sale: bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 c230 coupe
for sale: bose system

by mid next week i will have all amps, speakers and subs for sale from the coupe if anyone is interested. I should have the changer and head unit as well in a few more weeks. I will take the best offer i get.

I am getting everything replaced with jl components, amps and a nice 10w7 in the hatch. This shop specializes in mercedes so i am taking reqests for any pics or questions for the installer. Let me know.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to see install pics. I'm doing a similar install to my car. I'm putting in a JL 500/5 amplifier, MB Quart PSD216 components, and a JL Audio 12W6. The 12W6 will be in a custom enclosure.

Right now, I am planning on using a line-out adapter to go from the stock head unit speaker-level outputs to the amplifier. Eventually, I will probably replace the head unit, maybe with a Nakamichi CD-45z with the amber display.

Please let me know if you find a source for a facia adapter (dash kit). I can make a custom one, but I'm not sure how good it will look given that the dash is the shape that it is.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:52 AM

'02 c230 coupe
what kind of enclosure will ou build, in the spare tire or around it. This guy wants to build it up against the rear seat with an amp rack behind the seats, i dont think its enough room with 1.25 inch thick mdf, bu he wants me to trust him.

Also, i am planning on getting the nakamichi mb-100, because it matches the dash lighting perfectly, these guys tell me they can build a custom rubber coated bracket that will match perfectly. if it looks good, i'm sure they can make you one.

These guys are the best, i saw pics of rodney jerkins car, the biggest r&b producer on th east coast, it was a s-600 with a 25,000 dollar system that looked fabulous
Old 05-10-2002, 09:54 AM

2002 c230k
TNat, IMO 1.25" MDF is overkill! If the box has unsupported (nothing but the edges connected, no bracing) panels of under 3sqft then 1" is more than enough. MDF is so heavy you dont want it any thicker than needed.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I am planning on using a line-out adapter to go from the stock head unit speaker-level outputs to the amplifier.
If my amp already has speaker-level INPUTS, an adapter is not needed, correct?
Old 05-10-2002, 05:45 PM

tnat,

I was just going to build an angled box for the sub that will fit flush behind the passenger side rear seat. I'm going to use 3/4" MDF, since I couldn't find 1" anywhere around here. The JL 500/5 will fit mounted on the back of the driver side rear seat.

Underneath the deck carpet, there is a panel that comes off when you remove two large torx bolts (also holding on two D-rings). Inside there is some space which is going to be good for mounting fuses and maybe even crossovers.

I was thinking about removing the spare tire and making a box that fits in there. For now, I've decided against it. Using a box I can keep the spare tire and move the box if I need to fit something big in the trunk.

Getting the speakers mounted into the doors has turned out to be the biggest pain in the ***. The tweeters ALMOST fit without drastically modifying the stock location. The woofers look like they will be more of a pain in the *** than I had hoped. I'm still hoping I won't have to cut huge holes in the door panels. I wanted things to look "stealth", but now I'm thinking of how much a pain in the *** it is and how it might not really matter.

Maybe I should charge my digicam battery and document everything....
Old 05-14-2002, 01:34 AM

'02 c230 coupe
update

Today on my lunchbreak, i went to check on the progress of my car. The head unit is in, and looks better than i thought, and the installer said the jl components, the xr series fit like they were meant for the car. we decided to lose the spare and build an amp rack for the two amps and xm tuner. The sub will be in a custom box aganst the rear seats. The w7 sub really looks serious
Old 05-14-2002, 02:40 AM

Wow. Sounds nice. I went the DIY route myself. It's been a learning experience. I think next time I'll just pay someone to do it. The JL components fit perfectly? Damn. The Quarts were a pain in the ***. I had to destroy the stock door speakers to make a mounting bracket for them.

Which amps did you use? JL 500/1 and 300/4? Or some different combination?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you spend on installation? How many hours and at what rate? Or did you agree on a fixed installation cost ahead of time (probably a wise idea)?

Please post pictures. I promise to do the same once I'm finished.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Almost a Member!

c230 coupe
Question Alpine CD changer same as MB OEM CD changer?

Hi!

Does anybody know if Alpine's CHA-S624 or CHA-S634 are the same as Mercedes Benz (OEM) A203 CD changer? Are they fully compatible? If yes, do I need an interface connector in order to control it? Local MB dealer price is $1,100 for the MB unit versus the Alpine units which retail for approximately $275.

All your info. will be appreciated,

TSWIND
Old 05-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Almost a Member!

c230 coupe
Interested in purchasing your system

Hi!

Please let me know when you'll have your audio combo for sale and asking price.

Regards,

TSWIND