C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Looking to buy 2005 c230 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy 2005 c230 sedan

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and hoping you guys can help me out. I am looking to buy a 2005 c230 sedan. I live in PHX, AZ and was wondering at what price should I be looking to pay for this car OTD. I also heard about something called c-spot. I was hoping you guys could give me a little more info. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Both of those issues have been covered numerous times. Please use our MBWorld famous search feature. It'll provide faster answers than posting and waiting.

BTW

Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Andy..... we need a sticky thread itself with you explaining the use of the search option. Everytime someone asks a noob question, we can link them to your sticky. lol... whacha think?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:19 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Will this work?

In case I forget I can always count on you and CitronC230K_03 to bail me out.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:47 AM

ARRR
well...

if you don't feel like answering the questions, then just don't reply... the point of a forum is that people ask questions and they can get responses back... if all of us can just search for answers, then what's the point of a forum? this place would be DEAD...

anyways... C-Spot coupon is a coupon for $1,500 off. After you're all done negotiating the price of the car, present the coupon and voila. You can find them on e-Bay. All of them have expiration date so look for the ones that will fit your buying period.

price-wise... my already-gone 04.5 C230K was 31000 with sunroof, six speed, audio, cd-changer. good luck
Old 08-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 c230 SS Auto/Sunroof/Entertainment/Lighting/Power Seat w/memory/Heated Seat/Split 60/40 Sold
I was able to get $4000 off msrp from one of the dealer.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Yang1815
well...

if you don't feel like answering the questions, then just don't reply... the point of a forum is that people ask questions and they can get responses back... if all of us can just search for answers, then what's the point of a forum? this place would be DEAD...

anyways... C-Spot coupon is a coupon for $1,500 off. After you're all done negotiating the price of the car, present the coupon and voila. You can find them on e-Bay. All of them have expiration date so look for the ones that will fit your buying period.

price-wise... my already-gone 04.5 C230K was 31000 with sunroof, six speed, audio, cd-changer. good luck
But you know what? This brings up a whole lot of other questions:

Where can I find a C-spot coupon? How do I get it? How long are they good for? Does anyone here have one they want to give to me? Do they cost money? Etc?

Would I be able to get the same type of deal In AZ that you got in Neb? That price you quoted was OTD including all taxes and fees; correct? Could I do better? Etc?

Thanx again for your help.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:37 AM

05 CLK 320
amdeutsch not to mean it in the wrong way how come you are blunt in your posts. To tell the truth i have yet to find a post of yours that actually has any useful information; all your posts contain criticism or STFF. Any way I don’t mean this in the wrong way so don’t take it personally.

The whole point of having forums is to get more interaction. In this case lot of things might have changed since the last time someone bought the car.

You can search ebay for some of the C-Spot coupons.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
None taken cracker. Why sugar coat it and only give part of the story? Just because you haven't, in your humble opinion, found a post of mine worthy of your value definition tells me that you haven't read it yet. May I invite you to search? Hint: Sticky.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:57 AM
JeT

Actually, I can't remember you being any use to the forum since becoming a mod either!

While your at it how about stopping all the post whoring and OT crap happening in the forum.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by cracker123
amdeutsch not to mean it in the wrong way how come you are blunt in your posts. To tell the truth i have yet to find a post of yours that actually has any useful information; all your posts contain criticism or STFF. Any way I don’t mean this in the wrong way so don’t take it personally.

The whole point of having forums is to get more interaction. In this case lot of things might have changed since the last time someone bought the car.

You can search ebay for some of the C-Spot coupons.
Wow... cracker. you are oblivious. Andy is one of the most helpful individuals on this forum. WHile everyone bull****s, he chooses to be "blunt" as you put it and defineatly comes through when everyone else is clueless. OH.. and one of his useful posts is the sticky at the top that is staring at you. I am sure tons of people found that useful, but you were too busy to pay attention. Good job on your sleuthing skills there! Hopefully you aren't this helpful to other members or you will run off "useful" members.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Yang1815
well...

Adtually, the point of a forum is to accumulate USEFUL KNOWLEDGE for everyone to use. This place is actulally becoming dead lately to USEFUL knowledge because it's overridden with noob questions repeatedly. I mean how many "c spot" or "new car pic" threads do we need every week? It is equivalent to SPAM lately..... other forums are much harder to "repost topics"... they CLOSE threads immediately rather than nicely inviting them to use the search option and then welcoming them to the forum. I don't know the rule you follow in life but i choose QUALITY over QUANTITY. THe truth is that most people are TOO LAZY to use the search option because it is just 10 times easier to make a post and have someone else do the research for you.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by JeT
While your at it how about stopping all the post whoring and OT crap happening in the forum.
School has started and that should deminish it a little bit. Censorship is only allowed in extreme cases and even then it is a fine line to walk. Would you like to be part of a forum with that philosphy? Where everybody thinks, speaks, acts like a few selected individuals and nothing outside of their defined norm is permitted. If you would like more control over what you read put individuals on your ignore list and their posts won't show up in any thread you read. Unfortunately it does not cover quotes by others of these posts. HTH
Old 08-21-2004, 10:40 AM

05 CLK 320
I try to STFF before posting, and yes I did see his sticky on top of the forum.

sleuthing lol
Old 08-21-2004, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Then perhaps you owe Andy an apology, since your statement regarding him is FALSE.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:47 AM
JeT

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Censorship is only allowed in extreme cases and even then it is a fine line to walk. Would you like to be part of a forum with that philosphy? Where everybody thinks, speaks, acts like a few selected individuals and nothing outside of their defined norm is permitted.
How you came to that idea in my post is totally beyond me. But if you want to be seen as exerting some sort of authority over the forum, as you clearly do with your STFF posts to so-called 'newbs' at least be consistent. There is an OT forum afterall.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by JeT
How you came to that idea in my post is totally beyond me.
Well......Living in a society with free speech rights guaranteed by its constitution how else am I supposed to interpret your statement?

...how about stopping all the post whoring and OT crap happening in the forum.

Now, I will admit that I'm not at all well versed in your political system. But my interpretation of your statement definitely advocates censorship. Kind of reminds me of how you picked apart my posted statement and left out/off the parts that gave more insight.
But then again it would not have met with your position on this subject matter. Maybe you do favor the types of forums *Oz* talked about. You know, the ones that get closed because of an already covered topic. Or maybe you have other ideas. Please enlighten us with your suggestions/ideas.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:35 PM
JeT

Well......Living in a society with free speech rights guaranteed by its constitution how else am I supposed to interpret your statement?

...how about stopping all the post whoring and OT crap happening in the forum.

Now, I will admit that I'm not at all well versed in your political system. But my interpretation of your statement definitely advocates censorship. Kind of reminds me of how you picked apart my posted statement and left out/off the parts that gave more insight.
But then again it would not have met with your position on this subject matter. Maybe you do favor the types of forums *Oz* talked about. You know, the ones that get closed because of an already covered topic. Or maybe you have other ideas. Please enlighten us with your suggestions/ideas.
Give me a break...talk about overdramatizing just to take a self-righteous stance! Are you going to talk about religion next?! Pontificate all you want...but get back to the point. Ever have the thought that MAYBE it SIMPLY means move things to the correct forum as the other mods use to do?!! Ask yourself why you are so **** about people asking questions already asked.

Maybe you do favor the types of forums *Oz* talked about. You know, the ones that get closed because of an already covered topic. Or maybe you have other ideas. Please enlighten us with your suggestions/ideas.
lol, well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
how is he being self-righteous? You sir must have a hidden agenda or stick up your ****. Seriously, are you telling us that you enjoy reading threads about the same topics every week? Ya know what? The easy route is for someone to post a question rather than search and weed through all the threads for an answer. We all are guilty of this mentality. We all can agree that if everyone used the search option, the board would be a lot more clutter free of repeated threads. Andy is being honest and courteous when he advises to use the search option. You don't have to like Andy but at least show him respect, especially when he is the one with the ***** to say what everyone doesn't like to admit. I doubt he is doing it for a popularity contest.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:39 AM
JeT

Originally Posted by electromethod
how is he being self-righteous? You sir must have a hidden agenda or stick up your ****. Seriously, are you telling us that you enjoy reading threads about the same topics every week? Ya know what? The easy route is for someone to post a question rather than search and weed through all the threads for an answer. We all are guilty of this mentality. We all can agree that if everyone used the search option, the board would be a lot more clutter free of repeated threads. Andy is being honest and courteous when he advises to use the search option. You don't have to like Andy but at least show him respect, especially when he is the one with the ***** to say what everyone doesn't like to admit. I doubt he is doing it for a popularity contest.
Maybe you should try understanding the discussion before jumping in to defend someone...the reference to self righteousness is to do with the censorship comment.

Anyway, who are you...his mother? I am confident amdeutsch is capable of handling this discussion himself.

Last edited by JeT; 08-22-2004 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
it has been confirmed. You do have a stick up your ****. Bend over and pull it out for an attitude adjustment good sir. I understand fully the conversation since you are the one who jumped into the thread with a hostile mentality. If you don't want me to respond then take it to PM with Andy. Oh wait, you are probably against using PM's, since they don't clutter up the board.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:08 AM

05 CLK 320
Originally Posted by JeT
Anyway, who are you...his mother? I am confident amdeutsch is capable of handling this discussion himself.
LOL
Old 08-22-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
amdeutsch has low signal-to-noise ratio

Originally Posted by cracker123
To tell the truth i have yet to find a post of yours that actually has any useful information; all your posts contain criticism or STFF.
I agree - the signal to noise ratio from amdeutsch below 1. Not to mention the huge signature that uselessly sucks up screen length and has nothing to do with MBs. It's the visual equivalent of most of his posts.

If people are annoyed by repeat posts then they should leave the forum. Repeat questions usually generate new threads that sometimes lead to new info. If not, at least they keep the conversation going and keep the forums from dying.

Amdeutsch: stay useful and friendly and please loose that ridiculous sig graphic.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by GrussGott
I agree - the signal to noise ratio from amdeutsch below 1. Not to mention the huge signature that uselessly sucks up screen length and has nothing to do with MBs. It's the visual equivalent of most of his posts.

If people are annoyed by repeat posts then they should leave the forum. Repeat questions usually generate new threads that sometimes lead to new info. If not, at least they keep the conversation going and keep the forums from dying.

Amdeutsch: stay useful and friendly and please loose that ridiculous sig graphic.
All this coming from someone who is a member as of this month? jump on that small bandwagon buddy boy ...... Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by celicagts
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and hoping you guys can help me out. I am looking to buy a 2005 c230 sedan. I live in PHX, AZ and was wondering at what price should I be looking to pay for this car OTD. I also heard about something called c-spot. I was hoping you guys could give me a little more info. Thanks in advance.
Ok, let me help you out. Lately is been easy to get invoice or below on the C-Class. So thats a start. I cant tell you OTD prices as I dont know the % taxes in your state. C-Spot is a coupon you get that 1500 off and you can get it from the love mercedes tour.

BTW the reason people are getting upset here is because the past month there have been literally dozens of posts like yours and its getting repetive to forum members.

Goodluck and post more questions dont leave us hanging!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2005 c230 sedan