C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Badge On of Off
yes - i think it\'s appropriate
32.61%
no - badges? we don\'t need no steenkin\' badges!
54.35%
maybe
13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

if you got the kleemann pulley...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
This is another case of "damned if you do, damned if you dont". So many people complained about NOT getting badges that we include them now. As of this moment the poll shows 60% wouldnt mount them- go figure
i posted this thread b/c i was suprised to see that the kit included the badges. you see, my poll is doing some marketing research for you my take is that if 40% want it, it is worth the few dollars to include it and let the other 60% not use it. the question is, if someone gets the mats, do they get the badges too?

i think you should sponsor dj-po to get a "kleemann" tattoo on the back of his neck or somewhere else
Old 05-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Badge criteria

Badges are only available with the MOTOR tuning parts (boost kit and complete kompressor systems). They are not sold alone or included with any chassis accessories.

Of course if the 60% guys herd them off to ebay or something thats another story
Old 05-11-2002, 09:52 PM

C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
hm..

vSponsors (the "they" you refer to) pay the likes of MS metric tons of money for Logos on his suit and car because he is in front of millions of "viewers" at any given time. The amount of camera time Ferrari gets during a given F1 race is amazing. This is not what AMG, BRABUS, Lorinser or KLEEMANN badges are for. The analogy just isnt there on that level.
I agree...

Putting an aftermarket badge on a car is simply free advertising for the maker of the product. They should pay YOU to put the badge on. They pay Michael Schumacher for having ads on his car and his Nomex suit; why should they not pay you for the same thing?
Damn structure should PAY m,e for wearing their jeans that say structure on the back, and Armani should pay me for wearing their shirts with their logo on it...

How do you expect a company to survive if no one ever hears about it, putting your kleeman badge on makes your car different from the "crowd" and makes the company win some respect for their product. Also no one makes you do it, they just send it to you and you decide whether to put the badge or not to.

MB should pay us for using our cars with those ugly 3 poitned stars on them..

Last edited by Scylas; 05-11-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, how much for the pulley kits without the Kleemann badges?
Old 05-12-2002, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
Kleemann, oh please...

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Buellwinkle, according to Kleemann's rationalization above, the kit sans badges should cost the same, minus the cost of the badges But they SHOULD actually INCREASE the pulley kit's price if they sell it without badges, as you and I well know...

Kleemann, you are being disingenuous when you wrote that the primary purpose of the badge is to create brotherhood among the owners; I think the reason tuners put badges in with their kits is that they enjoy the free advertising and desperately hope that the buyers will mount the badges on the car in the desired prominent location(s).

I further think that Kleemann et. al. are not primarily interested in sponsoring a "fraternity" of owners, unless it has the --ahem--unintended, coincidental "side-effect" of free advertising exposure - something that the badges do quite magnificently. If creating a fraternity was all the tuners wanted to do for their existing customers, all they'd need to do is sponsor the occasional private wine and cheese party for them

Come on Kleemann, the badge is primarily about FREE advertising, admit it! Millions do not see each car with your badges on them every day, unlike M Schumacher, it is true. But tens, or even hundreds do, and the cumulative effect of a thousand cars or more, each circulating in traffic, each with prominent KLEEMANN badges on them, will have a significant commercial benefit to your company's business. To deny it is patently ridiculous.

Buellwinkle, I suggest that when your pulleys become available, that they be marketed under the "No Name" brand, or perhaps come with "Wankmann" or "Nerdmann" badges. Let's see how many people use THOSE badges, then
Old 05-12-2002, 01:38 AM

hm...

so I guess everyone knows about Brabus and Lorinser because they saw badges on the trunk of soem cars...

please...

Theres some free advertising on it, but the badges are mostly so people know this car has been modded and its not a normal coupe, its so people knwo that you have got somethign under the hood...
Old 05-12-2002, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Kleemann, oh please...

Originally posted by Mike T.
Buellwinkle, I suggest that when your pulleys become available, that they be marketed under the "No Name" brand, or perhaps come with "Wankmann" or "Nerdmann" badges. Let's see how many people use THOSE badges, then

I can see it now. On the left side of the hatch is the model designation "WC230k", and on the right, replacing the "kompressor" badge, is the new "wankermann" badge. And to top it off, the license plate frame reads, "I've been wanked. Have you?"
Old 05-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
There is no price break without badges- we wont take them out of a particular box either. Do you get a rebate when you dont want catsup on your hamburger?

Mike T:

My reference to fraternity appears to have been taken wrong. Fraternity in the sense of "hey look, my cars modded if you are into tuning, honk, give me them thumbs up or know that Im into cars too" or something to that effect.

Yes- Its an insidious plot to have free advertisement. Tuner badges have been around as long as tuners- they are a way of the owner to tell the world they have modified the car. Any written word, if it refers to a product, must be advertising. You cant have one without the other.

Last edited by Brandon @ Kleemann; 05-12-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very funny, I like your catsup anology!
Old 05-12-2002, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
What's in a name?

Kleemann means "clover-man", but not just any clover-man, just a THREE leaf clover man Not too lucky I guess Sounds like Alfa-Romeo is one up on them!

AMG, said in German, sounds like "Ah emm Gay", great for the ego if you're not. So, AMG purists, time to start pronouncing the name properly, just like Porsch-uh

Ja, I heff a C sirty-two; I am gay.

ok?
Old 05-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whats in a name??

"Klee mit vier Blättern mann" just doesnt roll off the tongue very well
Old 05-12-2002, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: What's in a name?

Ja, I heff a C sirty-two; I am gay.

ok?
Remember when Gay meant Happy??

Ich habe ein C32 und ich bin glücklich.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:29 PM

KLEEMANN C230K
Originally posted by young

i think you should sponsor dj-po to get a "kleemann" tattoo on the back of his neck or somewhere else

I'll do it!!!!

John.

aka "Official Unofficial KLEEMANN field rep/*****"
Old 05-12-2002, 09:43 PM

KLEEMANN C230K
Re: Kleemann, oh please...

Kleemann, you are being disingenuous when you wrote that the primary purpose of the badge is to create brotherhood among the owners; I think the reason tuners put badges in with their kits is that they enjoy the free advertising and desperately hope that the buyers will mount the badges on the car in the desired prominent location(s).

I further think that Kleemann et. al. are not primarily interested in sponsoring a "fraternity" of owners, unless it has the --ahem--unintended, coincidental "side-effect" of free advertising exposure - something that the badges do quite magnificently. If creating a fraternity was all the tuners wanted to do for their existing customers, all they'd need to do is sponsor the occasional private wine and cheese party for them

Come on Kleemann, the badge is primarily about FREE advertising, admit it! Millions do not see each car with your badges on them every day, unlike M Schumacher, it is true. But tens, or even hundreds do, and the cumulative effect of a thousand cars or more, each circulating in traffic, each with prominent KLEEMANN badges on them, will have a significant commercial benefit to your company's business. To deny it is patently ridiculous.

If you have the kit, you end up telling everyone about the outstanding performance at the first sign of even feigned interest.

This is a side-effect of ownership.

Free advertising? YES!!!
False? NO!!!

I am one of the biggest fans of KLEEMANN, not because of the badge. Because of the performance. Because, when I call and ask KLEEMANN a question, I get an answer. I have called him while he was in Canada (or was it Pennsilvania?) doing an install on another car (ML55K), and he took the time to answer my question. Now, how many people do you think would do that? I have good friends that will tell me to "call back later".

Brotherhood/Fraternity? YES!!!

John.

Last edited by dj-po; 05-12-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:58 PM

KLEEMANN C230K
Re: What?

Originally posted by KLEEMANN

Does dj-po drive around naked with nothing but a KLEEMANN badge on?? Now THATS enthusiasm

ONE TIME!!!!!!!!

One time, and I'm branded for life as the "naked KLEEMANN badge guy"!!!!!!

HEHEE

John.

ok, twice, but no more
Old 05-12-2002, 10:07 PM

KLEEMANN C230K
Originally posted by art_Ccoupe

yeah i think that's exactly what i would do.. so john how long have u had the pulley in the car? oh yeah didn't Kleemann say that Vancouver's gonna get their own dealer here????

I can't remember the date, maybe September last year, but it was about 12-15k miles (5 oil changes) ago. I've put almost 6k on since Mar. If anyone questions reliability.............

And, yes, they are working on getting a Vancouver, BC dealer last I checked.

John.
Old 05-12-2002, 11:23 PM

hey dj...

When are you gonna post that dyno chart with the Upsolete/kleeman combination?

can you take on a 330?
Old 05-13-2002, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: hey dj...

Originally posted by Scylas
When are you gonna post that dyno chart with the Upsolete/kleeman combination?

can you take on a 330?
Those old W202's with no manual transmission available, a pulley and chip couldn't take on a stock C230 coupe 6spd, let alone a 330! As I remember the 2000 C230K was about a full second slower than the 2002 C230K in 0-60 times. Adding a pulley and chip would probably lower it to the low 7 second range. Also the old W202 handled like a shopping cart compared to the C-Coupe.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:47 AM

damn...

I tought he had a Coupe... missed he has a 1999 c230... that changes a lot of things...

thx for pointing out blue,

how do you think pulley/upsolete would affect the performance of the Coupe in 0-60 and 1/4 mile....
Old 05-13-2002, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think anyone has done that combination at the track. The only one I know on this forum to do some track testing on a C230 is Renncpe with his Renntech pulley kit, 3.67 rear gears, 6spd, and an aftermarket exhaust and he was able to get mid sixes in 0-60 times or about a full second faster than stock. Benzy did track time with his homemade pulley and a dry NO2 system but I don't remember him posting actual times. I would be happy with mid to low 6's for this car with a pulley and chip. I think under 6 is possible if you change out the intercooler for a larger one.

Everyone talks chassis dyno numbers but like you I believe in track numbers, 0-60, 1/4 mile. When Kleemann comes to SoCal, maybe we can get RennCpe and Kleemann to duke it out at the Carlsbad, CA track. The war of the pullies
Old 05-14-2002, 01:57 PM

KLEEMANN C230K
I tell you what, let's meet in northern Cali. sometime (preferably when your homemade contraption is done) and duke it out on the track. Straight-line, twisties, up-hill, down-hill, race-gas, pump-gas, or whatever will get you to shut up. My car will kill yours (you're the one comparing numbers). Until you are ready to drive 12 hours to race shut the **** up. I have driven TWICE to Cali. just to make it to GTGs, and have given everyone a chance to see my car, and how it performs. I HAVE NO SHAME!!! I'm willing to meet you for this anytime.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!

I'm done.

John.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DJ-Putz vs. Buellwinkle!

Sure, I'll race you but only on an IHRA sanctioned track and the only one in the West is Carlsbad. Since my car is not ready can I enter a motorcycle? I promise it won't have half the HP you think your car has.

Have your raced that thing before? What are your ETs?
Old 05-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: damn...

Originally posted by Scylas
I tought he had a Coupe... missed he has a 1999 c230... that changes a lot of things...

thx for pointing out blue,

how do you think pulley/upsolete would affect the performance of the Coupe in 0-60 and 1/4 mile....
i remember benzy posting that his coupe with nos and pully ran 13's in the 1/4
Old 05-14-2002, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Talking RACE

Hey Can I COME AND WATCH? The race?Im a Member of the KLEEMANN MAFIA also!! My Latest KILL was a BMW 330 coupe !
So Im There With JOHN ......Lets JUST do THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL
OR MAYBE a LITTLE MONEY on this?HUH?
Old 05-14-2002, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you going to race too Mark? I'ld have a tougher time beating you since you have a C-Coupe, althought it's an automatic! Did you get the car dynoed since Upsolute re-did your chip?

We need RennCpe to drive down from Florida to make it interesting, maybe Benzy230 if he gets his car put back together. The Fast & Furious C-Class!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if you got the kleemann pulley...