C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

'05 non-North American Cup Holder Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG WAGON
'05 non-North American Cup Holder Question

Hi All,

Just waiting for my 05 230 SS to arive and I have a question about the cup holders that needs to be answered by someone with a non North American spec car. From the pics that I have seen of Euro cars at least, the center console cup holder is not there and in its place is a sliding cover as seen on the pre-05 cars. Can anyone tell me if under this cover there is a cup holder? I want to know if the cup holder like on the earlier cars are fitted to the Euro cars. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Talking Cupholders

Originally Posted by Nuvolari
Hi All,

Just waiting for my 05 230 SS to arive and I have a question about the cup holders that needs to be answered by someone with a non North American spec car. From the pics that I have seen of Euro cars at least, the center console cup holder is not there and in its place is a sliding cover as seen on the pre-05 cars. Can anyone tell me if under this cover there is a cup holder? I want to know if the cup holder like on the earlier cars are fitted to the Euro cars. Any input would be appreciated.
Mr. Nuvolari:

Cupholders have been changed on 2005 models. The resemble more the cupholders that you'd see in a Pontiac, they are bigger, less complicated, stronger than the previous ones.

No "concealed" coin holders on the 2005 models though!...

Wiedermann
Old 08-29-2004, 02:33 PM

2004 E55 AMG WAGON
I am aware of the new cupholders in the 05 NORTH AMERICAN cars. Having seen pictures of Euro cars they do not have the same cup holders. It is the EURO parts I am inquiring about. Look at pics in Germancarfans.com and you'll see what I mean. I inserted a pic below.

Last edited by Nuvolari; 08-29-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation Coffee maker???

Originally Posted by Nuvolari
I am aware of the new cupholders in the 05 NORTH AMERICAN cars. Having seen pictures of Euro cars they do not have the same cup holders. It is the EURO parts I am inquiring about. Look at pics in Germancarfans.com and you'll see what I mean. I inserted a pic below.

Mr. Nuvolari:

The "sliding" door you saw on the "pre-05" cars are/were the same slinding doors seen on the 02s, 03s, 04s.

Q
Can anyone tell me if under this cover there is a cup holder?

Answer
YES

Q
I want to know if the cup holder like on the earlier cars are fitted to the Euro cars.

A
YES

Euro cars come only with ONE cup holder "standard". Anything is possible in Europe, if you want a coffe maker installed, the'll put one... oh no.!!.. that was a USA TV show on MTV called "Pimp my ride!"... lol.
Still, in Europe, there are more and sometimes too many choices for you to choose from.

Wiedermann
Old 08-29-2004, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
i must say that is an 05 and it looks like it has the older cupholder design to it. i would think that the cupholder could be retrofiited if that one fits.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
The resemble more the cupholders that you'd see in a Pontiac,

LOL! I actually forgot all about that coin holder that my c230 had!

I like the new cup holder for one reason, normally i hate open cup holders, but since i have nav now i keep my cell phone in the cup holder (i will never bring drinks in the car anyway :p ) with my old C230 with no nav i kept it under the radio. and with that cupholder design i would have no where for my phone even with nav, lol.

I have to admit though, the old cup holders did look alot more advanced then the new ones. People used to be shocked the way it opened, lol. Oh well, what can u do.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Talking Coin holders!

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
The resemble more the cupholders that you'd see in a Pontiac,
LOL! I actually forgot all about that coin holder that my c230 had!

I like the new cup holder for one reason, normally i hate open cup holders, but since i have nav now i keep my cell phone in the cup holder (i will never bring drinks in the car anyway :p ) with my old C230 with no nav i kept it under the radio. and with that cupholder design i would have no where for my phone even with nav, lol.

I have to admit though, the old cup holders did look alot more advanced then the new ones. People used to be shocked the way it opened, lol. Oh well, what can u do.
Mr. BlackC230Coupe
LOL!.. I know!!... well... when I first showed my wife the C32, she started to laugh sarcastically (actually still to this day) that her BMW 330i HAS coin holders for the US denomination coins and the C32s go the "concealed" coin holder that actually was sad as heck...lol.

Though the "old" design cupholders on the C classes that poped out really nicely is complex and impressive, they often break, people bounce into them with their legs (that is a problem still with the new design too!...lol) HOWEVER, I do like the design of the NEW cupholders, especially here in the US where we have what we call "super size" drinks (32oz cups which DO NOT fit on the old cupholders)... again, more laughter from my wife that her BMW's cupholders DO hold up to super size (32oz) cups as well as the smaller sizes!!! ... and C32 doesn't!... (C55s can!!!)

Like Mr. BlackC230Coupe, I also have a NO-Food, NO-Drinks, No-Nothing on ANY of my cars... lol... IF and WHEN I do have cups on the car is due to a "drive-through" pick up fast food place on my way home and just the cup needs somewhere to sit while is being tranposted

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 08-30-2004, 02:47 AM

'05 C230K SS
US where we have what we call "super size" drinks (32oz cups which DO NOT fit on the old cupholders)
With no disrespect whatsoever to your wife, you should be glad your cupholder doesn't hold "super size" drinks. Those things are huge and really unhealthy! We Americans eat too much, seriously.

Has anyone else seen the 1/2 GALLON "cups" they have at KFC now? Now when drink "cups" start coming with bucket-style handles attached, something has gone very, very wrong.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Talking US Healthy diets???

Mr. DiamondNoir2K5:

Originally Posted by DiamondNoir2K5
With no disrespect whatsoever to your wife, you should be glad your cupholder doesn't hold "super size" drinks. Those things are huge and really unhealthy! We Americans eat too much, seriously.

Has anyone else seen the 1/2 GALLON "cups" they have at KFC now? Now when drink "cups" start coming with bucket-style handles attached, something has gone very, very wrong.
... ... lol... you are so right!... HOWEVER... I wasn't planning on living passed 30 yrd old... LOL... kidding man!!!... not ever the 16oz cups fit well on the C32's cupholder that is inside the center console due to its smaller diameter and bigger diameter on top...

Yeah... let me get a HALF Gallon soda "to go"... LOL ...

Cheers!

Wiedermann