C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mercedes C180 2003 Kompressor Engine Misfire problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C180
Mercedes C180 2003 Kompressor Engine Misfire problem

Hello everyone. I have a W203 Mercedes C180 Kompressor 2003 automatic with 122.000 miles ( 193.121KM ) About a week ago I went to get my oil and filter changed from a local approved service garage. Shortly after the job was done I have noticed that I had a warning light displayed on the VDO screen saying to reduce the amount of oil in the engine. This would go away after a while then I noticed today as I was driving that the check engine light turned on along with the warning to reduce the amount of engine oil. At a junction the car has stalled which was very strange for automatic. After the car was restarted the engine took a while to start and cylinders started to shut down resulting in driving on either 2 or 3 cylinders out of the 4 it has. I went to various mechanics and they said that the coil packs may have been damaged along with the sparkplugs and the rocker gasket. This was because the engine was overfilled with oil. I went back to where I had the oil replaced and explained my situation. They agreed to have a look and remove some excess oil which was about 1 litre. They also said that they are not liable for the failed parts even though they overfilled the engine with oil. They seemed to be very angry at me and didn't care too much about my issue. Anyways the error message for the oil has turned off and never came back but the check engine light is still on and the car still has the issues with the extreme shaking. I tried resetting with my OBD scan computer but shortly came back after. I am worried about further damage including the catalytic converter. Please can someone give me some advice on what may need to be truthfully replaced and if there is something that I need to do about the company that has ruined my very nice functioning car in the process of overfilling the oil. Many thanks.

Please see photo.

Thanks again.

The VDO