C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

M271 E85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M271 E85

I want my M271 to run E85. I read a long thread some time ago where an employee of some large fossil fuel conglomerate admitted that pretty much all of the mid-aughts C-Class models could probably take E85 (he knew this because of tests having something to do with poor gas quality in Brazil)…with the exception of the M271 because - if I recall correctly- the injectors would struggle to pump that sort of volume.

Anything, any workable information, I’ll be grateful for. Even if it’s to learn enough German to understand Vediamo(? *the one plant engineers apparently walked around with to experiment with whatever they needed/wanted to).

*** most can probably skip the below:

I’ve had my 2005 C230 Kompressor sedan for 11 years. I’ve had two worthy winter beater cars to help her out in the winter (they both met early, far too early ends). I live in New England with its winters and hundreds of W203, or newer or more upscale, 4matics for sale, for under three grand, at any given moment.

That bio is there for the types who take it upon themselves to educate me about why I’m being impractical or why I should just “this that or the other thing” or, worse, buy this or that AMG (nothing against AMG), or, even worse, career guys (it’s always been guys so far) who need to lecture me about why I should stay in my lane and let the engineers be engineers, welders be welders, it goes on I’m sure everyone is familiar. My automotive needs could be easily met by a mid 90s Ford Taurus with a 65 mph governor, but instead I scoot around in this over engineered German blitzkreig-(ultra lite)-mobile with expensive consumable parts and not only that but I SPEND FREE TIME POSTING ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET… All of this is to say that of course I’m not f***ing practical. it’s a free country, point this out if you wish, but I recommend engaging some of that condescending pragmatism and realism to ask if posting some know-it-all reply is a rational use of your time.
Earth, Water, Sky.

Last edited by JoeyDB; 06-23-2021 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 129 Posts
not a merc
Look in the coding. I have seen it but never used it.
not sure injectors will cope