C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

High Idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 C240 SportsWagon
High Idle

Hello i have a 2005 C240 SportWagon and I am having issues with the idle first off let me start by saying that I have had this problem over the last year on and off. The problem comes without warning and I crank it up one morning idles up high I put it in Drive dial still high feels like it just wants to go sometimes when I stopped at a stop light want to stall out occasionally it will stall out and then a few days goes by in the problem stops and goes away for months and then comes back see you in a couple days you'll go away again now this time it has come and it's been three or four days but the problem is not going away and I would really like to fix the problem. I'm not getting any lights on the dash things I have done checked all vacuum hoses that I can find and none of them seem to be cracked the ones that were old and dry rotted I have replaced I'm taking the mass air flow sensor all cleaned it with the proper cleaner. I just bought some throttle body cleaner and will clean it tonight but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should be looking at. I would appreciate any advice and I appreciate your time