C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

lemon law help needed for my C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemon law help needed for my C

Hi All,
i went for a long drive tonight on various roads and the car still pulls to the right ... it isn't as bad as it used to be but the car still veers to the right no matter which side or lane I am on....

i dont feel like taking my car in anymore to address this and was interested in returning the car using the lemon law...

those who have done or are doing it..can you let me know what paper work is needed? Also do I need to call MBUSA and tell them about it to see if they can do anything more for me?

if anyone knows any good lawyers in the VA/MD/DC area...please let me know
Old 05-13-2002, 09:16 PM

W203 coupe Kompresor
that sucks but does it really really pull a lot!???? cuz i thought all cars are supposed to pull towards the right...... *well a little at least*

u guys are lucky... u have lemon law... i don't think we have that here in Canada......

hey... u had a 380? cool... i had a 200sx... + 2 NOS bottles... had lots of fun....
Old 05-13-2002, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it's not too bad but bad enough to a point where i can't let go of the steering for longer than 2 seconds before it starts to leave the lane...

what's funny is that Z doesn't pull either way
i have a lotof fun in that car..speccially when it rains... good donut car
Old 05-13-2002, 09:25 PM

W203 coupe Kompresor
it should pull but not that much.... ur saying 2 secs uh.... that doesn't sound right... ur completly right... i would say... get a lawer.... i don't konw how it works.. but i guess they can help u out for it....
Old 05-14-2002, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
As the resident law suit happy person, let me help you out here.

First, there is a lot of the lemon law in this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...eferrerid=1474

That should help.

They way this works is you find a lawyer, they review your case, and they say they can help you or not. Once a law agree to take a case, all you did is sign a contingency agreement with them. They do everything else. It is truely the path of least resistance!

I don't have lawyer in your area. They way that I did it, is I found 4 lawyers on the web, talked to them and chose the one I liked that I thought would do the best job. You want a bulldog! You should only pay something if they win, and it should only cost you a few hundred dollars.

Next time I call my lawyer (which will be this week), I'll ask if they have a Virginia referal for you.

The thing to remember is getting to the point where you hire a lawyer is hard. Once you sign the papers, the lawyer does all the work.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Beth
Old 05-14-2002, 01:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before you go to a lawyer, talk to Mercedes about it, and see if they are willing to help you. The dealer does not lose out in this, so they should be helpful. Then again, they may be impossible to work with. A few years ago, I had a Suburban that would actually change lanes on me every time I braked. I would actually have to get the steering wheel about 90 degrees sideways in order to go straight. We first reported this with 1,000 miles on the car. A year later, it still was not fixed, so they bought it back at its value when it had 1,000 miles on the car.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, it's fine to call MB and see fif they will help, but understand, they might send you back to service. Do not mention the lemon law to them, it does not help to threaten them.

Beth
Old 05-14-2002, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i'm gonna call the dealer and then call MB and see what they say... this is just downright depressing.. i wanna sell this thing and go back home and drive a toyota....
Old 05-14-2002, 11:19 AM

2002 C230 coupe
Dont know any good lawyers but I know one good MB dealership. I go to Herb Gordon MB in Silver Spring right off Rt. 29 in MD. They have always been a pleasure to deal with. Maybe they can help more than your current dealership.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
We had a '01 $39K Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition that had a roaring sound from the rear cabin whenever you were doing about 60-80 mhp, with the rear seat removed. We drove a loaner Expedition while our BRAND NEW Expedition was in the shop getting its transmission replaced(!) and it did the same thing. They couldn't determine what was causing the noise and said it was normal. After the transmission (and rear end) was replaced, you still felt a shudder while accelerating past 35 mph. There was a bad vibration in the steering wheel also, so Ford replaced the BRAND NEW tires (General's?) with Michelins, which greatly eliminated that problem. The display on the radio started to die and had to be replaced. One of the motors on the pop-out rear-side windows had to be replaced, as did the power window "regulator" in the driver's door. The struts on the rear window had to be replaced due to loud squealing. The motor driving the rear window wiper had to be replaced. I felt pretty guilty after talking my in-laws to get a '01 Taurus when they had to have the engine replaced within a month We've had our C240 for a week now and have about 400 miles on it. The only "problem" so far is a small chip on the plastic gear indicator that was noticed when we first picked the car up. We'll get it fixed eventually
Old 05-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by Jim Banville
We had a '01 $39K Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition that had a roaring sound from the rear cabin whenever you were doing about 60-80 mhp, with the rear seat removed. We drove a loaner Expedition while our BRAND NEW Expedition was in the shop getting its transmission replaced(!) and it did the same thing. They couldn't determine what was causing the noise and said it was normal. After the transmission (and rear end) was replaced, you still felt a shudder while accelerating past 35 mph. There was a bad vibration in the steering wheel also, so Ford replaced the BRAND NEW tires (General's?) with Michelins, which greatly eliminated that problem. The display on the radio started to die and had to be replaced. One of the motors on the pop-out rear-side windows had to be replaced, as did the power window "regulator" in the driver's door. The struts on the rear window had to be replaced due to loud squealing. The motor driving the rear window wiper had to be replaced. I felt pretty guilty after talking my in-laws to get a '01 Taurus when they had to have the engine replaced within a month
Sounds like you got one of the more reliable Fords . Seriously, everyone I've know that has had a Ford (including myself) has had problems with it, except for pick ups.

Wow, 39K for an Expedition?

I just looked on www.carmax.com and they have an 02 Eddie Bauer edition 4x4 with 7k on it for $32,600. The MSRP on a new one is $41,085. Guess these don't hold their resale value that well either.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:36 PM

Ford Pinto
My wifes car just started doing the same thing. Have you had a front wheel alignment. Are your tires worn?

We are going to rotate her tires and see what happens.

ERic
02 C240 B. Red
Old 05-14-2002, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
The sticker on our new Expedition $38K(something). I rounded up to $39K, but we paid less (father retired from Ford). Point being that many people b*tch about various problems from expensive cars (all manufacturers), when it is actually rare to get a car that is trouble-free. Now, there is no excuse in these on-going problems, and having a new problem every week! While many of these problems are due to defects from the factory, the real problem often lies with the incompetence of laziness of the individual dealer's repair shop. Cars (most cars) consist of hundreds of parts, and are made on production lines with identical parts. There is NO reason for a factory authorized repair shop not to be able to find and fix a problem. They have all the backing they need from the factory and factory reps. The only EXCUSES are incompetence, laziness or being cheap. If a particular Mercedes dealer was not fulfilling my needs, I'd contact Mercedes to compain while I sought out another dealer, as any Mercedes dealer can service you Mercedes.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:15 PM

2002 CL500
Cars (most cars) consist of hundreds of parts, and are made on production lines with identical parts. There is NO reason for a factory authorized repair shop not to be able to find and fix a problem. They have all the backing they need from the factory and factory reps. The only EXCUSES are incompetence, laziness or being cheap. If a particular Mercedes dealer was not fulfilling my needs, I'd contact Mercedes to compain while I sought out another dealer, as any Mercedes dealer can service you Mercedes.
Excellent post. 100% agree with ya.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well peeps..and peepettes

i just spoke to the dealer and they gave me the same talka bout how it's aknown issue and right now they ahve tried everythign they can to fix the problem. So i asked them what I else I can do and they said nothing till MB figures out why it's happening...

so i officially have a 33K POS!!!!

i'm gonna call mBUSA next just to try.. i'm still on the hunt for a lawyer.....
Old 05-14-2002, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fuzzo,

I talked to my attorney this morning for you. He did not know anyone in VA, but he said to check out this website and it lists people who specialize in lemon law cases in every state.

www.lemonlawamerica.com

My lawyer said they key is to find a lemon law attorney who the car makers take seriously so your case gets settled. My first question would be can I work with this person and my second one would be what is your settlement rate. They guy I work with has an 98% rate. You do not want to go to court.

This should get you going.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:34 PM

Ford Pinto
Can you answer my post above? And, how many miles on your car?

My wifes car started doing this all of a sudden. I told her it was tire wear. If this thing is a constant problem, then she will hit the fan because our MB 240 has been nothing short of a hunk of junk. The latest episode is the sun roof broke and stoped working all together with a loud crack.

ERic
Old 05-14-2002, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by wizkid
Can you answer my post above? And, how many miles on your car?

My wifes car started doing this all of a sudden. I told her it was tire wear. If this thing is a constant problem, then she will hit the fan because our MB 240 has been nothing short of a hunk of junk. The latest episode is the sun roof broke and stoped working all together with a loud crack.

ERic
oh i'm sorry.. didnt' see that...

my car has 11K miles and it has had the problem ever since I had the car... wasn't really noticeable to me at first and i think it must have been the excitement... but ever since reading all the posts here.. i decided to try and get my car fixed as well...

the tires have been rotated... they have been aligned and balanced 3 times.. this time they replaced a coupla bolts and event he salesman said that it will only reduce the pulling.. (which is true)
Old 05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by galaxygrrl
Fuzzo,

I talked to my attorney this morning for you. He did not know anyone in VA, but he said to check out this website and it lists people who specialize in lemon law cases in every state.

www.lemonlawamerica.com

My lawyer said they key is to find a lemon law attorney who the car makers take seriously so your case gets settled. My first question would be can I work with this person and my second one would be what is your settlement rate. They guy I work with has an 98% rate. You do not want to go to court.

This should get you going.

Good luck.
\

galaxygrrl,

I want to thank you for all the valuable information you are giving me...it's a huge help and i really really appreciate... thanks again...
Old 05-15-2002, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Fuzzo
\

galaxygrrl,

I want to thank you for all the valuable information you are giving me...it's a huge help and i really really appreciate... thanks again...
Well, I'm glad I could help!

This is a challenging, frustrating, and confusing process. The first time I went through it, it was really hard and I did everything wrong and let VW stonewall me which just got me upset. If I had a little sound advice, it would have helped a lot. And at the end of the day, the bottom line is on an issue like yours is you just can't be your own advocate, you need an attorney. It's a shame the car makers take this approach, but they do.
Good luck!

Beth

PS. Funny Sig!

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 05-15-2002 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:19 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
sigh....

another one of those unreasonable thread

first of all if you want to know if your car really pulls to the right go test it on a drag strip because they are usually nice and flat.

second of all...check all your cold tire pressure and go to the shop and rebalance the wheels.

third, check the wear on your tires after you check the cold tire pressure.

and finally the last, when and why would you ever take both of your hands of the steering wheels??
Old 05-15-2002, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by FrankW
sigh....

first of all if you want to know if your car really pulls to the right go test it on a drag strip because they are usually nice and flat.

second of all...check all your cold tire pressure and go to the shop and rebalance the wheels.

third, check the wear on your tires after you check the cold tire pressure.

and finally the last, when and why would you ever take both of your hands of the steering wheels??
i don't think i need to take it to a drag strip to see if it pulls to the right... i realize that there is curvature on the roads and to compensate for that, i drove on the wrong side of the street and it didn't pull as much to the right.. .. the tires have been checked and balanced 2 times and aligned 3 times.. i'm pretty sure if there was something whack with the tires, the dealer would have definitely let me know rather than putting the blame on MB...

i don't take my hands off my steering wheels as a habit but never the less i would like my car to go straight like the other cars do... i dont' think it's reasonable to say i should always have my hands on the wheel, so therefore this is not an issue...
Old 05-15-2002, 02:12 PM

Ford Pinto
Originally posted by FrankW
sigh....

What dragstrip you race on? I have been down a few myself and most are grooved more than roads.

My wifes MB 240 has been a pain in the **** with stuff not working correctly or breaking. Service has sucked as well. We purchased a MB because the supposed high standards they seemed to have for both quality products and service after the sell.

My Z28 camaro has had one problem since I picked it up May 8, 1999. My wifes car has had so numerous problems that shouldn't even be an issue in my eyes. We thought we were purchasing a superior vehicle and ended up with an inferior 36k junker. Very dissapointing and this comes from the guy who convinced his wife this would be a better car than her pervious Toyota Paseo. Well, it hasn't. That is sad for a car that cost me 36k. I wish we would have bougt an E class but to me, if they stamp MB on it, it should be just as reliable as the others.

Keys don't work 50% of the time (not counting actually starting the car which has only happened two or three times)
One touch on the windows and sun roof don't work 50% of the time
Sun roof broke with a big crack and won't budge
Windows make a loud clicking sound when they reach completion all the way up or down.
Brake squeel and 5k miles that is so embarassing it isn't funny
The list goes on...

This makes me regret the purchase and wish I would have never seen the car. I love Mercedes and if it were my daily driver, I wouldn't mind but it is my WIFES. I don't want her to stress out over her car not working right, worrying if this day will be the day the digital key won't start the car, etc. etc. I love MB's but dang, not at the price of pissing off my wife.

Eric

1999 Z28 Camaro 390 rwhp/385 rwtq
2002 C240
2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab