C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rear passenger window shades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 Coupe
man anybody who puts one of those cheesy steering wheel covers on an MB deserves to be shot. hahahaha
the steering wheel is so nice looking and grippy (on my C7 anyway) so why would you cover it up?
Old 05-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by revstriker
You think that is the "same look"? I have to disagree. The back seat window shades look like they belong in the car. The accordion front shade looks like a "one size fits all" kind of thing.

With that said though, I know that a front shade is necessary (except here in Tx where it doesn't get that hot, right Bob?), and I have yet to see one that I would say is "attractive". I have yet to buy one, but I have a feeling it will be like choosing the lesser evil.
Scott, I agree that ANY front window shade is a matter of picking the lesser of ALL evils. None of them are pretty. My thought was that the rear window shades look just as "tacked-on" as the front window shade... the only difference being "color" (black side shades vs reflective white front). Wonder if opinions would differ if the windshield shade were made from the same material as the side shade? Or, imagine the side shades in white...

Mark08859, The mounts are pressure sensitive attached to the windshield, but the shade assembly is easily removable from those mounts. Doesn't widen the A-Pillar at all. I can still see the black masking on the windshield in front of the stowed shade from the driver's position. No rattles... I hardly know it's even there. I worried more about getting used to the black mounts on the windshield.

Not trying to sell anybody. The Shade looks Geeky, sure, but they all look Geeky. But this one really is the easiest to use, most convenient heat-rejection dash protector I've found so far. It's hard to explain...

Last edited by MB-BOB; 05-15-2002 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally posted by MB-BOB

Scott, I agree that ANY front window shade is a matter of picking the lesser of ALL evils. None of them are pretty. My thought was that the rear window shades look just as "tacked-on" as the front window shade... the only difference being "color" (black side shades vs reflective white front). Wonder if opinions would differ if the windshield shade were made from the same material as the side shade? Or, imagine the side shades in white...

I guess I would have to see them both in person. I'm looking forward to our "Texas" meet so I can finally get to see the front window shade, the wired compass, the dead pedal....