C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Lowenhart Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240
Lowenhart Wheels?

Hey guys, I need opinions and advice on this one. I'm thinking about purchasing some Lowenhart Wheels for my sedan. 1st whats everyone's opinion on their wheels and what is the max offset / dish that I can get away with on the c240 in the rear. I'm thinking I want 19's, however I am aware that I will need to lower it so it will not look like a range rover. Any positive feedback would be great!
Old 09-20-2004, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
The Tire Rack's Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum
Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lowenhart wheels do not have custom fitments. So, whatever you can get from the vendors will be the ones to put on the car. For a C240, you can go 19x9.5. Offset should be between ET34-38 range.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
I like lowenharts a lot. i like that i can go a few months at a time w/o seeing another set of lowenharts and have yet to this day seen anyone with the same wheels as mine...anywhere! (not including the net) Im sure you will wont be disappointed with your decision to get them.

9.5 seems big to me for the fronts at least. ive got 20x9's all around and had some rubbing issues on the front two. I also have an e so the way the suspension is set up might be differ. so i would think that 9's would be the most you would need really, even if 9.5's could fit on the car.

Last edited by deuce zer0; 09-20-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Banned

................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
Tire rack is good and very informative, but once you start looking for wheels that they don't carry, they won't reply to your posts, so try to buy the ones they sell.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
I've got 19" chrome Maya DTM wheels w/tires for sale. They are 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot
Tire rack is good and very informative but once you start looking for wheels that they don't carry, they won't reply to your posts, so try to buy the ones they sell.

Why would they? Afterall they are a business. Thanx for that piece of unsolicited advise. If you want to increase your postcount with useless posts please move to the OT forum.

BTW Mr. WhirlieBirdTaxiCabDriver
Luke from the tirerack is a sponsor and a mod on this forum. He has been known to be very helpful to members regardless if they bought from him or not. Go ahead. Call the Forum Police on me. :p
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Why would they? Afterall they are a business. Thanx for that piece of unsolicited advise. If you want to increase your postcount with useless posts please move to the OT forum.

BTW Mr. WhirlieBirdTaxiCabDriver
Luke from the tirerack is a sponsor and a mod on this forum. He has been known to be very helpful to members regardless if they bought from him or not. Go ahead. Call the Forum Police on me. :p
Do I get a prize for increasing my post count ? If I don't then why would I ? I don't need that number to satisfy any ego trip or anything. Unsolicited advice is what many give here daily and nobody says anything, you take what you need and ignore the rest.

If you read the entire post it tells him to "...try to buy the ones they sell..." I also tell him that "...Tire rack is good and very informative...", besides, isn't this forum to help others with our own experiences ? That's all I did. Go see my thread on the Tire Rack forum and you'll see that I don't post just to post.

I try to add to the forum what little knowledge I have gained, either here or in my years around cars. I think there are MANY other posts that you could be checking and flaming that are far worse.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:30 PM

c240
this is a useless post
Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Banned

Yeah. Isn't it interesting that right after my post there was another member offering some rims for sale (outside of the classified forum) that didn't have anything to do with this topic of Lowernhart rims (off topic) , so that makes it 2 times as bad for not following the forum rules, but still the Moderator managed to flame me for my post, that didn't even have anything wrong (as explained on post # 8 ).

Yeah, I agree that unfortunately this thread went useless as soon as the moderator stepped in. Usually he has something positive to add. Interesting that when I complained once about someone that was openly being offensive towards me (during my first day on the forum), the moderator that replied to my email told me that they don't like to get involved and usually let the members work it out.

I guess it's a slow night and my post just had to be taken care of fast before it got wild.

With regards to the " Mr. WhirlieBirdTaxiCabDriver " remark, if you're trying to put me down sorry but it wouldn't work. I've been flying for a living for many years and I don't do it because I have to, but because I love to. After over 20 years serving this country and Honorably retiring from the US Air Force, I don't think that having a profession that I love to do is something negative. Like I said, I do it because I want to do it. I have EVERY Pilots license and EVERY Instructor license that exists in helicopters, airplanes, and seaplanes, and that makes me a pretty good comodity for any company.

How many people can say that they retired at 36 years of age and don't have to work an extra day in their life ? I didn't inherit my money, I earned it and now I fly for fun, not for the money, even though getting paid $60k a year for a part-time job working only a couple of hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week isn't that bad.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
This will give u some idea. LD1 19 x 8 et 37 FF, 19 x 9 et 24 FR. U can get away with 19 x 10 or 9.5 with et 26, if u use falken or similar stretch tyres.

Last edited by W0n6_3d4n; 09-21-2004 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
How many people can say that they retired at 36 years of age and don't have to work an extra day in their life ? I didn't inherit my money, I earned it and now I fly for fun, not for the money, even though getting paid $60k a year for a part-time job working only a couple of hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week isn't that bad.
Wow, you went into the AF at the age of 16. Did your parents sign for you? I was always of the impression that you had to have finished highschool or equivalent before you could join. Wow, you can live of 50% AF pay for the rest of your life. I didn't realize that radar techs in the AF made that much.

After over 20 years serving this country and Honorably retiring from the US Air Force, I don't think that having a profession that I love to do is something negative. Like I said, I do it because I want to do it. I have EVERY Pilots license and EVERY Instructor license that exists in helicopters, airplanes, and seaplanes, and that makes me a pretty good comodity for any company.

Lets see: private, instrument, high performance, multi-engine, jet, CFI, CFII, ATP, commercial, etc., etc., etc. And that is for airplane. You got all those and then some for whirlie birds and seaplanes as well. How did you ever find time to get all these hours, ratings, etc.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n
This will give u some idea. LD1 19 x 8 et 37 FF, 19 x 9 et 24 FR. U can get away with 19 x 10 or 9.5 with et 26, if u use falken or similar stretch tyres.

Time for new pix Wong!! I always like lownharts because of the big *** lip you can get form them without getting extreme width sizes.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Tire rack is good and very informative, but once you start looking for wheels that they don't carry, they won't reply to your posts, so try to buy the ones they sell.
You seem to have a pattern going on with your post... I think I gave you real good advice in a post that you should slow down, think, reread a post and then reply........
I understand you are excited about your new car but some of your answers and post are all over the place. Maybe that is why you are getting more negative than positive feed back....
If you look at your tirerack thread, the answers to the main part of your last question was given in the initial answer from luke...... imo
Old 09-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
If you look at your tirerack thread, the answers to the main part of your last question was given in the initial answer from luke...... imo
I don't think it was, in fact if it was, he wouldn't have replied today. But lets agree to disagree so it doesn't go on and on and on and on .....
Old 09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Banned

Wow, you went into the AF at the age of 16. Did your parents sign for you? I was always of the impression that you had to have finished highschool or equivalent before you could join. Wow, you can live of 50% AF pay for the rest of your life. I didn't realize that radar techs in the AF made that much.

Lets see: private, instrument, high performance, multi-engine, jet, CFI, CFII, ATP, commercial, etc., etc., etc. And that is for airplane. You got all those and then some for whirlie birds and seaplanes as well. How did you ever find time to get all these hours, ratings, etc.

Since you seem to know so much about the military and about aviation, let me enlighten you a little more.

You can enter the military before 18 but I didn't do that.

You can also retire with only 15 years of service, but I didn't do that either.

Can you live with 50% of the active duty pay ? I don't know because I invested my money very wisely during those 20 years so I don't even have to count on the retirement pay.

With regards to aviation :

"High Performance" or "Jet" aren't licenses, they are ratings. You also forgot MEI, Advanced GI, and Instrument GI, which I also have.

You CAN'T have private, commercial and ATP at the same time. I have Airline Transport Pilot ( ATP ) which is the highest, after you get the previous ones and have at least 1500 hours experience flying (for airplanes) and 1200 hours of flying (for helicopters). You don't get that in a couple of years. It takes MANY years flying to do that, and you have to take various written tests, oral tests, and practical tests.

And yes, I have them all in Airplane, Seaplane, AND Rotorcraft-Helicopter.

Just because some people decide to just study one thing and are content with that doesn't mean that others can't dedicate themselves to have higher goals in life and achieve them.

Some people have 8 hour a day jobs then go home to watch TV. I had my normal job then went and studied more on my off time, while investing my money instead of using it for beer and cigarettes. I know it's hard to comprehend (understand), but some of us did things like that so we didn't have to end up working until we're 65 and hope Social Security is going to help us until we die.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

And to completely explain your post, I started as a Radar Tech, then went into the medical career field, and finished in the aviation career field. I studied 3 occupations during those 20+ years, without counting the additional duties you get in the military. Finally, your retirement pay isn't based on your career filed, it's based on your rank.

I think that should cover all your doubts.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
You can enter the military before 18 but I didn't do that.

You can also retire with only 15 years of service, but I didn't do that either.
I fully aware of what you posted and what I said. Let me paraphrase, since you are too lazy to search for your own posts: How many people can say that they retired at 36 years of age....After over 20 years serving this country and Honorably retiring from the US Air Force...

In my book my math is correct and yours leaves a bit to be desired.

...Finally, your retirement pay isn't based on your career filed, it's based on your rank.
Fully aware of this as well. But as always its harder to make rank in some than in others. Is that why the switch? And why don't you explain what position you held in those other career fields while you are at. Or list what rank you achieved.

With regards to aviation :......
I'm fully aware of licenses, ratings, endorsements, etc. Again you forgot to read my post and just overlooked all those etcs. As to the time frame involved and all that money spent lets not get into this.

You forgot to claim test pilot and instructor test pilot credentials. Remember you mentioned you had them all.

What really is so surprising about is that it took you this long to answer. Just about every other posts you answered this am. Why did this one have to wait til after lunch. Had to do some looking up?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

I fully aware of what you posted and what I said. Let me paraphrase, since you are too lazy to search for your own posts: How many people can say that they retired at 36 years of age....After over 20 years serving this country and Honorably retiring from the US Air Force...

In my book my math is correct and yours leaves a bit to be desired.

No it doesn't because I guess you don't know about ACTIVE RESERVE or AGR ?

Fully aware of this as well. But as always its harder to make rank in some than in others. Is that why the switch? And why don't you explain what position you held in those other career fields while you are at. Or list what rank you achieved.

I don't have to explain either my rank or positions here, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just trying to enlighten you so you learn a little more.

I'm fully aware of licenses, ratings, endorsements, etc. Again you forgot to read my post and just overlooked all those etcs. As to the time frame involved and all that money spent lets not get into this.

You forgot to claim test pilot and instructor test pilot credentials. Remember you mentioned you had them all.

Those are not FAA certificates, they are given either by the military or by the factories for their internal use.

What really is so surprising about is that it took you this long to answer. Just about every other posts you answered this am. Why did this one have to wait til after lunch. Had to do some looking up?
No. I had a doctor's appointment. Getting all my ducks in a row for my annual flight physical coming up. I'm sure your next post is to ask me how I did on that also so let me save you the time. I'm in perfect physical shape.

In that same line of thinking I could have said the same about you taking so long after my post, but I really don't care.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
If you handle your flight preps and flight plans the way you handle your post answers..............................
Old 09-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Banned

If you handle your flight preps and flight plans the way you handle your post answers..............................
Haven't had a complaint up to now !

Wow, all this BS just because of one comment about a sponsor, that not only was true, but that really didn't say anything bad if you take the entire post into consideration, not just that line.

That's the only reason for all of this because if it were for anything else, you would have said something to the post before me (#6) that was OFF TOPIC and OUT OF THE CLASSIFIEDS, and you didn't. Of course you never replied to that part of my post, you decided to go after my other info like Air Force and Aviation.

Just because you're a moderator, doesn't mean you're always right, BTW what do you have to study to be a moderator ?

And with that I'll finish because I have better things to do than waste anymore time and I didn't get where I am today by wasting time.

If you think I've decided to stop this discussion because I don't know what I'm talking about in aviation , then let's continue, but on another forum because as a moderator you should know better and should set an example for all the other members, and should have stopped this a long time ago.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Wow, all this BS just because of one comment about a sponsor, that not only was true, but that really didn't say anything bad if you take the entire post into consideration, not just that line.[/B]
I wouldn't blame all this "BS" on one situation. Everything has been building and it's come to this point. I don't know if you've seen a trend in your posts and people's responses to them, but I think almost everyone on the board is getting annoyed or is already pretty annoyed with you. We don't need your statements or comments that are just moronic to say the least at times. It's like "Captain Obvious" to the rescue... I know that you're trying to help, but there's a certain point where your "help" isn't really helping, but it's rather aggravating and annoying. The tit for tat responses to everything and the constant posting is part of it. If you have better things to do, then why do you post on almost every thread?

Also, I wouldn't bring in his moderator "status" as a reason or obligation to please stop. He's just like any other one of us, and he's entitled to his opinions as well. This board nor any board on the internet should NOT have "protection" by moderators; it's true what he told you, people should resolve things themselves, don't cry about it. We're not children here...

Last edited by nlpamg; 09-21-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=nlpamg]I wouldn't blame all this "BS" on one situation. Everything has been building and it's come to this point. QUOTE]

Give me a break ! Are you a lawyer ? Don't come now trying to defend someone else.

Nothing has been building.

You're just pissed off because you had a problem with your car and didn't like that I tried to help you by asking you if you had checked a mute button, so just let it rest.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
[QUOTE=PRHeloPilot]
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I wouldn't blame all this "BS" on one situation. Everything has been building and it's come to this point. QUOTE]

Give me a break ! Are you a lawyer ? Don't come now trying to defend someone else.

Nothing has been building.

You're just pissed off because you had a problem with your car and didn't like that I tried to help you by asking you if you had checked a mute button, so just let it rest.
Hmm... Why actually, yes I am.
If you've seen the PM's sent to me and to other members regarding your conduct you'd actually know.
I've let the other thing rest, but just evaluate what I've said, and the responses and the jokes poked at you and you'll see the light.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nlpamg
...If you've seen the PM's sent to me and to other members regarding your conduct you'd actually know...
How am I supposed to have seen your PMs ? That's impossible unless I guess you're a moderator, they have all the super powers here.

Anyway, the big difference is that I say things out in the open where people can reply and we can talk things out if need be. I don't go behind member's backs PMing others about anyone like school kids and I don't call people offensive names like stupid, ridiculous, etc....

Enough said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowenhart Wheels?