C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Working the dealer on a leasing deal? - Advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 SS
Thumbs up Working the dealer on a leasing deal? - Advice needed

I am hopefully going to get into new 2005 c230 sports sedan within the next couple of weeks. Since I have never leased a car before I was wondering what the best approach is? I know everybody thinks I such finance, but I hoping to get into a lease that gives me a buy out option at the end of the term so that if I decide to keep my car I can.
When leasing what do you do first:
bargain for the out the door price or bargain for where your monthly payments need to be?

I was also wondering if anybody in the forum has bought or leased a 2005 c230 sports sedan in south florida? (Palm Beach County to Miami)
This is the car I want:
- Brilliant Metallic Silver
- 324 Sunroof Package
- 320 Entertainment Package
- 319 Lighting Package
- Automatic Transmission
- Split Fold Down Rear Seat

The MSRP is listed at $35,880 and the invoice is at $33,522. The target price for this area from carsdirect in this area is $33,997.
That is $1,883 off the sticker, is that a good enough off? I have heard of people getting $500 below invoice and stuff. I also have the love MB tour coupon that I will pull out at the last second. I also know that I will probably have to wait 60 days for the dealer to modify a car being built in progress so that it match my options.

Can I use the MB coupon before the car actually arrives on the lot or can I apply the coupon once I place the order? If anybody can recommend a good sales rep in the area that would be great....

Thanks in advance for everybodies help....
Old 09-23-2004, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
I usually just squeeze out as much as i can on the grand total of the car. If you have the right dealer I think you can get close to $500 under invoice then whip out your LMT coupon.

Regarding your coupon, You can only use it when you finalise the deal and that's usually when you take delivery of the car. So if it's going to take 60 days, you better order it soon or you coupon will expire.

-Danny