C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Multiple problems/codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C280
Multiple problems/codes

Hi All,

Car has been running fine until I had a dead battery, since then I have had the following issues and fault codes. Any advice would be welcome.

- After about 5 minutes of driving car would cut out, dash illuminate and start immediately and then continue in a limp mode/reduced power displaying either ESP fault or Speedtronic fault. This only happened from cold starts where the 'since start' trip is back to 0 and goes back to normal after a restart, but took 3/4 seconds of the engine cranking for it to start.

- Under heavy acceleration power would cut and car would struggle to shift at 4k RPM, fine shifting with less throttle at 2-3k RPM

- Sometimes gearbox will begin to slip and revs go higher but less power from car. This would eventually turn into the car not moving at all whilst in drive. When shifting from N to D it would create a huge jerk and then when driving it will not shift up from 1st.

Plugged my OBD2 in and got the following codes:

P0015 - Camshaft Position Timing over-reatarded bank 1.
P0025 - Camshaft Position Timing over-reatarded bank 2. Someone says online to replace magnets for these both?
P0718 - Input/Turbine speed sensor A circuit intermittent.
P0335 - Crankshaft position sensor A circuit.