C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

All of my minor annoyances . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of my minor annoyances . . .

. . . were taken car of yesterday in my C230K. When I bought the car in March, a small hairline crack was apparent on a steering wheel button during the night when it is backlit. Also, the head adjustment release button simply did not work whatsoever. Also, the door handle was a little sticky. Well, after having to order the part for the steering wheel from Germany (US part number was the wrong color), all of the minor irritations were resolved. Hopefully, nothing will come up before the "A" service in about a year.

Best regards,

CP
Old 05-17-2002, 10:25 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
14 ML350 4MATIC
same here....

I just got my baby back yesterday finally.....

I had the following problems:

1. hairline crack in the button and they ordered 3times , came with wrong color. fixed.

2. buzzing noize from the back of car. fixed.

3. center vent controller(blue dial) has not aligned properly after installation of CD-Changer. fixed.

4. water leaking from the driver side door seal. fixed.

Nothing is major but .... you know what I mean......
Old 05-17-2002, 10:34 AM

C230
Re: All of my minor annoyances . . .

Originally posted by chronopassion
. . . a small hairline crack was apparent on a steering wheel button during the night when it is backlit.
CP
Mine came with the same hairline crack on the top left button. I was going to get it fixed at the A-Service. Sounds like I need to call ahead to insure they have the correct black button in stock before my service.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Does anyone else think the feel of the turn signal is weird? I mean when moving the stalk up or down. Mine has a bit of a sticky feeling. It almost feels like there's a burr on one of the moving parts inside and that it needs to be "broken-in". I tried turning the signals on and off a few times to see if it would wear-in, but there's no change. It's not a big deal, but I expect a buttery-smooth feel like cruise control stalk. No?
Old 05-17-2002, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by avlis
Does anyone else think the feel of the turn signal is weird? I mean when moving the stalk up or down. Mine has a bit of a sticky feeling. It almost feels like there's a burr on one of the moving parts inside and that it needs to be "broken-in". I tried turning the signals on and off a few times to see if it would wear-in, but there's no change. It's not a big deal, but I expect a buttery-smooth feel like cruise control stalk. No?
my turn signal is definitely not as smooth as the cruise control stalk.. it takes a small bit of effort to push it into place.. but i kinda like that because it makes it easy for lane changes.. if it fell into place like the cruise control, then lane change (light blinking 3 times) would be hard to use..

my 2 cents..
Old 05-17-2002, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Fuzz, I know what you mean. The point where the stalk cliks into position is a little hard. It's more like a "snap!" instead of a clik like I'm used to. Anyway, I might mention it when it goes for service A and I'll try some others on the lot to compare.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
On mine, the movement to the point where it "clicks" is smooth, you know, where you move it to if you're just changing lanes. I would say the actual "click" into the full turn position is somewhat "soft", not a sharp click.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Thanks Mark. I got a C230K sedan loaner before and the "click" was soft. I just figured it had 80K miles so it was must have been worn-in.

The movement on mine is smooth, but the "click" is a "SNAP!!". I think it even makes that noise...
Old 05-17-2002, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
The C230K sedan was probably like that from the factory. Our '00 230K has had a soft feel to the turn signal since it was new.