C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

No wipers, washer, indicators. I screwed up . Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2022 | 04:39 PM

220 cdi
No wipers, washer, indicators. I screwed up . Help!

Thanks for any Input.

I’ve touched a wire and now lost the above. The washer had a fault so I bypassed the system . Both pumps replaced and new multi stalk in February anyway Then today I caught the relay with a tool by accident spark ⚡️ and now the full beam flash with lights off is gone, indicators gone. Wipers gone . All was ok before except washer.

I’ve changed front SAM, checked fuses.
anyone have any idea what could cause this. Think I shorted the feed to the multi stalk control column.

had just almost sorted everything. .
replaced rusted out rear brake lines. Steering rack. Starter, Flexible brake lines . Eis failed last year and replaced though it some how got lost by the courier and disappear to the states for 2.5 months so it’s spent a good while sitting which isn’t good for any can.
It breaking my brain
i would love some input on possible cause
Old 09-01-2022 | 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
good guess

ok if you want to see success with your washer pump concentrate on testing that circuit.

We understand you created a short somewhere that ads to your struggle.

Scan the car and see what the list of faults looks like.

Do you have a multimeter handy and schematic?

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 09-02-2022 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2022 | 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
If the front SAM is verified to be working, I'm thinking you fried the turn signal switch. FYI there is a small PCB or some circuitry inside the turn signal switch itself. I remember damaging it once accidentally (rough handling) and killing off the functions you mentioned there. Unfortunately I can't tell you too much as I didn't actually open up that part of the switch. I simply replaced the entire thing.

Turn signal switch replacement

Good luck.
Old 09-02-2022 | 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by slammer111
If the front SAM is verified to be working, I'm thinking you fried the turn signal switch. FYI there is a small PCB or some circuitry inside the turn signal switch itself. I remember damaging it once accidentally (rough handling) and killing off the functions you mentioned there. Unfortunately I can't tell you too much as I didn't actually open up that part of the switch. I simply replaced the entire thing.

Turn signal switch replacement

Good luck.

internals of stalk control

turn signal switch assembly is a sensor that orders the SAM where to switch power.

Old 09-02-2022 | 06:21 AM

220 cdi
Thanks all for the replies.🙏🙏 I’m thinking the same but awaiting delivery of new turn signal. I have no Schematic. I have a meter and I car soft pro 2 diagnostic reader . Just want to be prepared for diving deeper into the problem in case there are other issues due to shorting the . I did take the turn signal apart last night and found some damage. I’m hoping it’s all I’ve damaged . It’s been off and on the road for nearly a year due to issues with various systems. Where might I find the wiring diagram?? Thanks again 🙏🙏
Old 09-02-2022 | 08:01 AM

220 cdi
Well Ive rebuild everything, new signal stalk. I definitely shorted the little circuit inside . But I can’t believe it all works and even the washers now work as the should

. Strange that I had already replaced the stalk and still has washer jet issue but with the 2nd new one it’s ok ?? Just relieved to have sorted it. I had fitted the last signal stalk before I ended up bypassing the system . Thanks again for all the replies. 🙏🙏
Old 09-02-2022 | 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Glad to hear the problem is fixed.

Sounds like you might've had a bad switch/stalk for the 1st replacement. Are your 2 replacements OEM? The one in your photo doesn't look OEM.
Old 09-02-2022 | 03:57 PM

220 cdi
Thanks 👍No i bought the cheapest aftermarket part this time . I didn’t want to spend much on it as is cost me an arm
and a leg.and a lot of time. EWIS AND KEY failed . Replaced but got lost in post for 3 months . So sat idle for too long. Rear brake lines replaced . Flexy pipes, SAM unit front. Steering rack, rear shocks . Actually had enough of it but spent
to much to back out. Oh and the starter too 🙄It’s the first and last time I’ll buy a merc .