C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Oem V60 Motorola Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004 | 02:16 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
Talking Oem V60 Motorola Installed!

Hi guys. Wanted to post pics of the installed OEM V60 install.

1-I already had the V60 from my prior 03' C240 that I traded in for my C230K

2-As Wingless and others had advised me, in addition to the phone specific cradle, you will need the MOST interface/module and a few other small miscellaneous parts. Parts (including MOST + Cradle) will be about $1000.

3-My carrier is Verizon

4-The cradle is much more "modern" looking and sleeker than the one in my good ol' 03' C240. Unlike the old cradle, this one does not come with the silly coiled telephone cord.

5-The integrated phone is a very important feature for me. As noted, I had it in my 03' 240 Four Matic and I had to have it again in my C230K. My dealer did not care that I kept the V60 that came in with my prior car.

Now, my only disappointment is that, although the 2005 C Class audio display is capable of displaying a new voicemail waiting indicator (in the form of an "envelope" icon that lights up - look close into your LED display), for some reason it's not working for me. Clearly, the cellphone itself supports it and the display does too, so I'm puzzle why it's not lighting up when I get a new voicemail!! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Martin-
Attached Thumbnails Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004035.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004037.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004044.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004038.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004045.jpg  

Old 10-16-2004 | 02:19 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
More pics.

Attached Thumbnails Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004049.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004046.jpg   Oem V60 Motorola Installed!-im004036.jpg  
Old 10-16-2004 | 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by jmartinacevedo
4-The cradle is much more "modern" looking and sleeker than the one in my good ol' 03' C240. Unlike the old cradle, this one does not come with the silly coiled telephone cord.

Now, my only disappointment is that, although the 2005 C Class audio display is capable of displaying a new voicemail waiting indicator (in the form of an "envelope" icon that lights up - look close into your LED display), for some reason it's not working for me. Clearly, the cellphone itself supports it and the display does too, so I'm puzzle why it's not lighting up when I get a new voicemail!! Anyone have any ideas?
Looks good! But now... a few notes!

1) The "silly coiled telephone cord" is a useful feature that has been deleted... it took the place of a "privacy handset" so that if you didn't want your conversation details broadcast to anyone in earshot, you could "pick up the phone" like we did in the old days.

2) It's not an LED display... it's vacuum flourescent. It's unfortunate that MB went to this technology away from LCD or LED.

3) You may need to have your head unit version coded to get the information. Some display items are not shown until the system is version coded. For instance, if not version coded, older COMANDs might not show signal strength; or the caller ID would not be shown over other screens.

4) What's the part number of the PSE you used? The electronics that went into the trunk, that is.

-s-
Old 10-16-2004 | 03:06 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
Scorchie

I have the invoice in my office. I'll post it tomorrow.

Quick question, do I go to the dealer and tell them I need my head unit "version coded"?? Will they know what that means?

Martin-
Old 10-16-2004 | 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have the invoice in my office. I'll post it tomorrow.

Quick question, do I go to the dealer and tell them I need my head unit "version coded"?? Will they know what that means?

Martin-
If they don't know... I would quickly go to another dealership.

Or, try using their vernacular... some of the phone "stuff" doesn't work and maybe they can hook up their computer "thingie" and fix it.

-s-
Old 10-16-2004 | 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
looks awesome!
Old 10-16-2004 | 06:03 PM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
The only other post for an '05 telephone also stated the vx mail indicator was not working. It may be that MB did not incorporate that feature into the system.

My assumption is that the dealership installed the system. The vehicle needs to be informed that the new device, the telephone interface, is present on the MOST ring. So it seems unlikely that there are any additional things the dealership could do, unlike what scorchie is suggesting.
Old 10-16-2004 | 06:28 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
Voice Message Icon

Thanks Citron - Phone + Sat Radio is awesome.

Wingless, yes, the dealer installed it. I'm due for my first service so I'll have them play with the system. It's hard to believe MB would include the vx message icons in the 2005 display but not make them operational.

Someone in the W211 forum was kind enough to take a pic of what the icons look like in the E Class. Here's the pic.

In the 2005 C Class noticed there appear to be 2 icons. One appears to be for SMS text messages (the "envelope") and the other appears to be for voicemessages (a rectangular icon that looks like a little cassette tape?).

I also noticed one icon that looks like a "dolby" symbol?

Martin-
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
SMS icon.bmp (661.6 KB, 410 views)
Old 10-16-2004 | 06:51 PM

I also noticed one icon that looks like a "dolby" symbol?
It seems likely that MB has used this display for many years, since cassette tapes were used in vehicles, hence the Dolby icon.
Old 10-16-2004 | 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wingless
The only other post for an '05 telephone also stated the vx mail indicator was not working. It may be that MB did not incorporate that feature into the system.

My assumption is that the dealership installed the system. The vehicle needs to be informed that the new device, the telephone interface, is present on the MOST ring. So it seems unlikely that there are any additional things the dealership could do, unlike what scorchie is suggesting.
After installing the phone system, the phone should be version coded into the system. There are two places that need to be informed about the telephone; the head unit, and the instrument cluster. Further, there are settings for the type of telephone you have, whether it has "expanded" features or not. This is in addition to whether the telephone is present or not on the MOST ring.

Many cars delivered in the USA have this already programmed. The cars that don't have it programmed, don't have it programmed. Many dealerships assume that the cars already come programmed, because as you assumed, the system "kind of works" without programming.

If you plug everything into a car that isn't programmed, it will most likely function in the basic manner. Extended features may not be available, however, some which I pointed out: received call indication during other operations, etc.

I'm sorry that it seems unlikely to you that there are further options; if you spend some time with a DAS system and program a few cars, you'll run into these settings. Whether you choose to believe they exist or not is up to you.

-s-
Old 10-16-2004 | 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wingless
It seems likely that MB has used this display for many years, since cassette tapes were used in vehicles, hence the Dolby icon.
Actually, it's a relatively new display. Cassette tapes are STILL used in vehicles, and if in Europe you order the radio with cassette, you'll find it uses the same new display.

-s-
Old 10-17-2004 | 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by scorchie
After installing the phone system, the phone should be version coded into the system. There are two places that need to be informed about the telephone; the head unit, and the instrument cluster. Further, there are settings for the type of telephone you have, whether it has "expanded" features or not. This is in addition to whether the telephone is present or not on the MOST ring.

If you plug everything into a car that isn't programmed, it will most likely function in the basic manner. Extended features may not be available, however, some which I pointed out: received call indication during other operations, etc.
Excellent, thanks for the information. My assumption is that you "spend some time" with the DAS system. So, if you could do a screen dump, or capture an image, from an '05 and post it, that shows these configuration options, then that would be helpful.

I'm sorry that it seems unlikely to you that there are further options; if you spend some time with a DAS system and program a few cars, you'll run into these settings. Whether you choose to believe they exist or not is up to you.
Don't be sorry. Thanks, I believe in facts and information.

Actually, it's a relatively new display. Cassette tapes are STILL used in vehicles, and if in Europe you order the radio with cassette, you'll find it uses the same new display.
It would be cool to see an image of the Euro w/ cassette head unit.
Old 10-20-2004 | 07:57 AM

For the convenience of all, this topic has been continued in a new thread.