C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What to do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do

I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to get a c230wz. The problem is that I cannot find a car equipped the way I want it in the color I want anywhere. I have been given a great deal but it seems none of the 5 dealers in Washington DC have a pewter, granite, silver, or white 230 with the charcoal interior with the H/K. I have also tried to look for cars with nav and the closest thing I can find is one without heated seats. MB's attitude is you should be more flexible but its a car that I want to enjoy. I became flexible enough to put a deposit on a 325ci with everything I wanted on it (xenon, h/h, auto, premium, sport) what do you all think. Should I settle for an MB in a color that isnt my favorite?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Almost a Member!

another quiestion

I have listened to both the stock radio and the HK. I think the stock radio is bad and want the h/k does anyone else agree?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:14 AM

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Seden
When I was looking for my new C230, I had it custom made and shipped from Germany, so everything was made to spec. However, the exchange rate has changed dramatically recently that I had to give up the deposite and bought another US stocked C230 in different color (White -> Diamond Black). I still like it a lot. I think you will get used to the colour (unless it's red, well, to me).
Old 11-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Almost a Member!

silver and ash?

What do people think of the c230wz in silver and ash? thats about the closest optoin to what I want. I wanted Charcoal though becasue I think the ash is really light (wll show dirt) and a little monochromatic.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by nikko
When I was looking for my new C230, I had it custom made and shipped from Germany, so everything was made to spec. However, the exchange rate has changed dramatically recently that I had to give up the deposite and bought another US stocked C230 in different color (White -> Diamond Black).

That statement doesn't make sense unless you ordered the car with a long lead time spanning across model years. Otherwise the MSRP is fixed. If the stealer tried to renegotiate afterwards with the sob story about the exchange rate and you fell for it.............
Old 11-07-2004, 10:12 AM

06 C230WZ
ash interior

In order to save time, the dealer found a car that was already in production equipped the way I wanted in the color combo I wanted (granite/ash) w H/K, sunroof, power seat and heated seats. Car was produced Oct 22nd, should be here around Thanksgiving.

Personally, I would never have a charcoal interior but that's me. This is my 3rd benz, and it will be the 3rd one with ash. MB Tex, which is what most of seating surface is made of, is very easy to take care of, just wipe it with a clean damp cloth in most instances.

I'm also the only one driving my car, and I'd guess 95% of the time I'm the sole occupant, so it's not like I have to deal with much of a mess anyway.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Ash

The Ash is nice with some colors like Granite but I am not a fan when the entire car is the same color. Eg. Brilliant Silver, Ash, Aluminum trim
Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
why dont you order. i did!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by benzlvr
I have listened to both the stock radio and the HK. I think the stock radio is bad and want the h/k does anyone else agree?
I completely agree. I didn't like the stock radio either, I think that the h/k is much better than stock.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
What do people think of the c230wz in silver and ash? thats about the closest optoin to what I want. I wanted Charcoal though becasue I think the ash is really light (wll show dirt) and a little monochromatic.
Silver + ash leather = old people's preference (according to statistics).
Old 11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
That statement doesn't make sense unless you ordered the car with a long lead time spanning across model years. Otherwise the MSRP is fixed. If the stealer tried to renegotiate afterwards with the sob story about the exchange rate and you fell for it.............
You're looking for reason and sensibility around these parts???
Now that's plain unreasonable
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Banned

I was with my friend at a dealer once. The dealer didn't have a car in the color that my friend wanted, But the salesman told us that they have on being shipped (by sea) and will arrive in couple weeks.
When we asked about the price, he answered that they cant give us a price until the car arrives due to the change in exchange rates that might happen!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:23 AM

Here are my two cents:

1. I like the base stereo. To me, the upgrade was not worth the extra money and the issues I have read about that seem to affect the HK. I have found a surprising difference in the sound quality of the base unit after adjusting the settings (+4 treble and bass is my preferred setting). You may want to experiment before deciding.

2. I have a yound kid, and am really happy that I went black MB-Tex. Not easily soiled yet really easy to clean. Surprisingly, does not get too hot in hot sunny weather. Again, I liked the lighter interior, but these forums were great in warning me about the difficulties in keeping lighter interiors looking clean and new.

3. Power-memory-heated driver's seat is really nice, that alone (OK, and the stick...) was worth the 3-month wait for the car (I ordered).

YMMV

Last edited by ayilar; 11-09-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:28 PM

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Originally Posted by Oil Change
I was with my friend at a dealer once. The dealer didn't have a car in the color that my friend wanted, But the salesman told us that they have on being shipped (by sea) and will arrive in couple weeks.
When we asked about the price, he answered that they cant give us a price until the car arrives due to the change in exchange rates that might happen!
Hate to break the news to you Oil Change but amdeutsch is right on the money!

The MSRP is fixed at the beginning of the model year by MB. If you don't believe us, then log on to the MB website and price out the car and options you want. You'll have to take my word for it but the price does NOT fluctuate throughout the model year.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
order one with the comand. you'll love it. I don't think you can find one with the comand without ordering from the factory.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Guest0001

I would pick one up at the dealer. I dont think our cars are worth ordering unless you have to have a special option, as Mick said like Comand.

Silver on Ash is a classy combo. BUT, ash does not go well with the aluminum. So go Charcoal.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Unhappy Thanks for the help

I really appreciate all the help you all have given me. I should have ordered a car two months ago but I waited too long and cant find anything like I want and as much as the stealer (all 4 in the area) want me to settle on a car they have in stock I have decided to settle for the 325ci. Although BMW dealers are AWFUL their car is nice but the main reason I am getting it is because I can get it int he color I want it in with the options I want. This is the only bad thing I can say about mercedes they just dont get that some people want options in their cars and I love cars like all of you on this forum, settlikng is not something we want to do with our benz. Even though I liked the c230wz better than the 325ci, I would rather have a car with the options I want and the color I want. bye bye to my W202 and hello e46.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
What a joke you are

Because you did not order a c230 the way you want it, and you are not smart enough to find what you want, (its closer than you think) now you bad mouth mercedes and then go for a bmw that you say you don't like as much as mbz What a joke........... in my opinion, you really did not want another mbz so seeeeeeeeeeeeee ya
Old 11-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Guest0001

I really appreciate all the help you all have given me. I should have ordered a car two months ago but I waited too long and cant find anything like I want and as much as the stealer (all 4 in the area) want me to settle on a car they have in stock I have decided to settle for the 325ci. Although BMW dealers are AWFUL their car is nice but the main reason I am getting it is because I can get it int he color I want it in with the options I want. This is the only bad thing I can say about mercedes they just dont get that some people want options in their cars and I love cars like all of you on this forum, settlikng is not something we want to do with our benz. Even though I liked the c230wz better than the 325ci, I would rather have a car with the options I want and the color I want. bye bye to my W202 and hello e46.
You have an extremely odd way of thinking.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:19 AM

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Good riddance!

Anyone who remotely believes anything a car dealer says regarding prices and the reasons why they have to charge you more that “what makes sense”, should NOT be an MB owner.