C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Hey Guys...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2004 | 01:47 PM

2002 C240 - 2000 540iT
We returned the Capri Blue C240 to the dealership yesterday. Here’s what happened. We first saw the car in daylight. It was really dusty, but the salesman assured us it would look great after it had been detailed (there were a few paint chips that were to be fixed this coming Saturday). By the time we had finished negotiations and completed the paperwork, it was dark, so I couldn’t see the swirls and scuffs all over the car. We took delivery and headed home. When we got home, I jumped online and checked the CARFAX report on the car (I know, I was dumb - I should have done that before ) , and when I saw the results, my heart sank. Turns out, the car was previously registered as a commercial vehicle!! In the morning, I saw it was scuffed and scratched to a degree that I felt was unacceptable. This was salt in the wound.

We traded the blue car for a ’02 Alabaster White C240 with only 17k on the clock. This car is truly breathtaking in every way, and has had one previous owner (private party). Praise God!

I took some pics this morning (I’m not a photographer, hehe, the pictures kinda suck).

Thanks again for all the input and advice!

-Mark

Old 11-30-2004 | 07:24 PM

c240
[QUOTE=markseven]We returned the Capri Blue C240 to the dealership yesterday. Here’s what happened. We first saw the car in daylight. It was really dusty, but the salesman assured us it would look great after it had been detailed (there were a few paint chips that were to be fixed this coming Saturday). By the time we had finished negotiations and completed the paperwork, it was dark, so I couldn’t see the swirls and scuffs all over the car. We took delivery and headed home. When we got home, I jumped online and checked the CARFAX report on the car (I know, I was dumb - I should have done that before ) , and when I saw the results, my heart sank. Turns out, the car was previously registered as a commercial vehicle!! In the morning, I saw it was scuffed and scratched to a degree that I felt was unacceptable. This was salt in the wound.

We traded the blue car for a ’02 Alabaster White C240 with only 17k on the clock. This car is truly breathtaking in every way, and has had one previous owner (private party). Praise God!

I took some pics this morning (I’m not a photographer, hehe, the pictures kinda suck).

Thanks again for all the input and advice!

-Mark
QUOTE]

nice ride. enjoy, when i get my white w211 i'ma call it nimbus. because riding in these machines is like being on nimbus.