C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

A quick question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by AlpineBenzsLdy
actually i saw a black c230 and it had 19 inch chromes, looked sick.. but i HAVE been wondering if my color would look weird with chrome..... im looking at these sites, but i still have no idea
Ok that car is black(not thats its acceptable). Yours isn't. Silver with Chrome=Vomit. But ya know what? Its your car(well its half yours), So do what you please and take our opinions for what they are.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k3 C230 Kompressor Sports Sedan
Originally Posted by Imperial C320
Ok that car is black(not thats its acceptable). Yours isn't. Silver with Chrome=Vomit. But ya know what? Its your car(well its half yours), So do what you please and take our opinions for what they are.

yeah of course, but thats why im asking you, i just got the car and came from a WAY different class of cars, so i thought you guys would know best... my color is weird... its a silver, but looks gold too... i dont know how to describe it
Old 12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
yeah of course, but thats why im asking you, i just got the car and came from a WAY different class of cars, so i thought you guys would know best... my color is weird... its a silver, but looks gold too... i dont know how to describe it
i think you might have pewter silver...if so dont go chrome.. id say sumthing brushed aluminum.. or silver face...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by xxbenzc230kxx
i think you might have pewter silver...if so dont go chrome.. id say sumthing brushed aluminum.. or silver face...

im trying to post pics but having problems, can someone tell me how to do it?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
When you post a thread/reply scroll down until you see a button called manage attachments. Click it and follow the instructions. Or you can link it.

What does the MBUSA website say in regards to your color? :p
Old 12-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
When you post a thread/reply scroll down until you see a button called manage attachments. Click it and follow the instructions. Or you can link it.

What does the MBUSA website say in regards to your color? :p
i bought the car from my boss, so i dont know, ill check when i get it back from mercedes... its getting serviced.

ok lets try this
Old 12-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Almost a Member!

right on it worked! thats my car i bought!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Guest0001

Silver and look gold too? Hmm. Im guessing you have Pewter. Btw why havnt you posted pics of your car yet . You're in a different class Alpinelady, so you should put on some classy wheels. go on the the website of the brands I mentioned. HRE being the cream of the crop. you also need to give us a budget. Its good your asking us for advice, it means you are interested in making your car look the best. Ive wanted chrome too, truste me but i did not know how many high quality, good looking wheels are out there for

Brabus.com
lorinser.com
carlsson.de
bbs.com
hrewheels.com
Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
right on it worked! thats my car i bought!
Why of course.

AlpineBenz knew how and you didn't. :p
Old 12-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Silver and look gold too? Hmm. Im guessing you have Pewter. Btw why havnt you posted pics of your car yet . You're in a different class Alpinelady, so you should put on some classy wheels. go on the the website of the brands I mentioned. HRE being the cream of the crop. you also need to give us a budget. Its good your asking us for advice, it means you are interested in making your car look the best. Ive wanted chrome too, truste me but i did not know how many high quality, good looking wheels are out there for

Brabus.com
lorinser.com
carlsson.de
bbs.com
hrewheels.com
price range... well dont have a set one.... between 1500-3500 for the rims, with tires, who knows? i wont get chrome if you guys say no, believe me, i take advice when i ask for it
Old 12-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Why of course.

AlpineBenz knew how and you didn't. :p

um, NO! i uploaded the pic in his profile, but i didnt know how to post one! so :p
Old 12-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
um, NO! i uploaded the pic in his profile, but i didnt know how to post one! so :p
Old 12-02-2004, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
price range... well dont have a set one.... between 1500-3500 for the rims, with tires, who knows? i wont get chrome if you guys say no, believe me, i take advice when i ask for it
Your first mistake is letting these guys change your mind. Everyone has their own opinion on wheels and some like chrome, others don't. I would stick to the tuner brands previously mentioned or the less expensive, but high-quality replicas...just depends on your budget. Arguably the best looking wheel for the C Class is the Brabus Monoblock VI. You can find good quality replicas with tires in the price range you posted. Otherwise, I like AMG split-spoke wheels (got the new 18" C55 wheels on my ride). 19 inch wheels look the best, but 18's won't have such a harsh ride.

Your car definitely needs to be dropped and there are many options out there, starting with lowering springs for a couple hundred bucks to coilovers for up to a couple thousand. Keep searching the forum to find the information you need to make educated decisions. You will get lots of advice from forum members. You just have to choose whose opinions are worth their weight in chrome.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
how come no chrome? i seen alot of benzes with nice rims that were chrome.. HELP! do those companies have websites?
Don't be like Chalupa. Say no to chrome. :p
Old 12-02-2004, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Alright in all seriousness, in the end it's your choice and nobody else's. If you wanna get spinners with a truck bed lining (whatever that crap was) bra in front, so be it. :p

Personally, I'd stay away from Brabus and Lorinser. They may look nice, but do you really want to haul around bricks while driving? Go with something lighter. HREs and IForgeries come to mind. :p
Old 12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Guest0001

Thats a big range. Personally I won't spend more than 2500 for 4 wheels minus tires. So no 2-peice and HREs for me. I'm not into replicas either because its just cheesy driving a mercedes and having replica wheels. Id rather have a 1 peice brabus or AMG wheel for about the same price.

Brabus: mono VI. Its about 2000 for 18s, 4000 if its 2piece.(not worth it IMO, might as well buy HRE)

Carlsson: 2/5 or 2/6.

Lorinser: LM5, LM6, RS6

BBS: CH, LM

HRE: IF you can afford the 547 and 841 are the nicest wheels I have seen. There about $4,000-6000 wheels alone.

I Can post some of the pictures later if you want. All the brands/wheels I mentioned are high quality and classy and go well with European cars.

Last edited by Guest0001; 12-02-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Almost a Member!

Thats a big range. Personally I won't spend more than 2500 for 4 wheels minus tires. So no 2-peice and HREs for me. I'm not into replicas either because its just cheesy driving a mercedes and having replica wheels. Id rather have a 1 peice brabus or AMG wheel for about the same price.

Brabus: mono VI. Its about 2000 for 18s, 4000 if its 2piece.(not worth it IMO, might as well buy HRE)

Carlsson: 2/5 or 2/6.

Lorinser: LM5, LM6, RS6

BBS: CH, LM

HRE: IF you can afford the 547 and 841 are the nicest wheels I have seen. There about $4,000-6000 wheels alone.

I Can post some of the pictures later if you want. All the brands/wheels I mentioned are high quality and classy and go well with European cars.
right on thanks! i wouldnt mind seeing pics
Old 12-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
right on thanks! i wouldnt mind seeing pics
You probably already have. Pic thread at the top or on the respective website. :p
Old 12-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Almost a Member!

You probably already have. Pic thread at the top or on the respective website. :p

can you tell im lazy? lol... he offered so ... lol i took it.

as far as lowering, quick question to all you mercedes pros..... if i throw some H&R springs, (or whatever for that matter), wont it void my 100k mile warranty?
Old 12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

as far as lowering, quick question to all you mercedes pros..... if i throw some H&R springs, (or whatever for that matter), wont it void my 100k mile warranty?

Lazy person's warranty FAQ thread. Click me. LOL
Old 12-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Almost a Member!

lol your too much! i seen that before... haha
Old 12-03-2004, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS

No, it won't. Just like with any other aftermarket mod. the dealer has to show a direct link that your mod. caused the malfunction you are trying to claim under warranty repair. This can get tricky with engine mods. (i.e. pullies) but putting on a set of name-brand quality springs..you shouldn't have a problem.
Just make sure you have a quality shop that has worked on MB's do it so the problems don't come from a crappy install rather then the parts themselves.
As for chrome, with your color, I would say no. Black and maybe a bright silver are two body colors that go good with chrome but not yours. My 2cc's is to stick with a brushed silverish look.
Many people are bailing out of their C-coupes and sedans so if I was looking I would take a look for some quality rims on the Classified section of this board..Just make sure to check out who the seller is b4 sending the $$.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by respdoc
No, it won't. Just like with any other aftermarket mod. the dealer has to show a direct link that your mod. caused the malfunction you are trying to claim under warranty repair. This can get tricky with engine mods. (i.e. pullies) but putting on a set of name-brand quality springs..you shouldn't have a problem.
Just make sure you have a quality shop that has worked on MB's do it so the problems don't come from a crappy install rather then the parts themselves.
As for chrome, with your color, I would say no. Black and maybe a bright silver are two body colors that go good with chrome but not yours. My 2cc's is to stick with a brushed silverish look.
Many people are bailing out of their C-coupes and sedans so if I was looking I would take a look for some quality rims on the Classified section of this board..Just make sure to check out who the seller is b4 sending the $$.
yeah now i see about the chrome... and i knew that deal with the warranty with other cars, just wanted to make sure mercedes isnt different somehow with aftermarket stuff. thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

what do you guys think of these ones? i like these, but dont know which rims they are!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
what do you guys think of these ones? i like these, but dont know which rims they are!
Isn't the name in the upper right hand corner of the pic? It's cut off but if I would have to guess it looks likes it says "Momo"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A quick question!